Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
Thread started 08 Sep 2018 (Saturday) 05:04
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Ryanair new carry-on bag policy November 1st

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
10,633 posts
Joined May 2003
Post edited over 2 years ago by John from PA. (2 edits in all)

Sep 08, 2018 05:04 |  #1

Ryanair announced an effort to encourage travelers to check bags. After November 1st, and for the "basic" fare, you can only bring on board one "small" bag. "Small" is defined as maximum size 35cm (13.8 inches) by 20cm (7.9 inches) by 20cm (7.9 inches). Anything larger will be placed in the hold free of charge. If you pay for priority boarding, then you can still bring on board two bags. The details are at https://www.travelandl​eisure.com …orts/ryanair-baggage-fees (external link).

Somewhat related, this originally came from an article about not leaving your passport in a bag that might now end up in the hold due to be being oversize. In some instances you would have to retrieve the bag after going through passport control.

sponsored links
Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
43,895 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005

Sep 08, 2018 14:32 |  #2

Has Ryanair starting to ask passengers to pay for toilet paper in the restrooms?

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

nordlysBW
367 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jan 2010

Sep 08, 2018 15:42 |  #3

And even if there is regrettably no standard carry-on size wordlwide, what prevents them from offering enough room in the overhead storage space for one carry-on per passenger in an acceptable size (in the line of 22 x 14 x 9 in) , the way other companies do it?

If they did not focus on trying to offer flights at ridiculously low-prices, they would also not have pushed their passengers to cram as much as they could into 2 carry-ons in order to save the price they had to pay for checked-in luggage. With all the extras they have, if you really tot everything up, you will often find out that you can fly for the same FINAL price or even cheaper with regular companies. You wil also not land in the middle of nowhere on a second-tier airport, wasting time to reach yoiur final destination with ground transport.

yaopey
33 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Apr 2017

Sep 08, 2018 16:27 |  #4

I really hate these "little tricks" budget airlines play all the time. Have just recently booked a flight with easyjet and I can't remember how many times I've been asked if I want "addons" to my trip. Some even asked you to pay to choose a seat or else you might end up sitting 20 rows away from your family.

How I create natural looking HDR images (external link)

joeseph
"smells like turd"
10,962 posts
Gallery: 193 photos
Joined Jan 2004

Sep 08, 2018 18:07 |  #5

Wilt wrote in post #18703502 (external link)
Has Ryanair starting to ask passengers to pay for toilet paper in the restrooms?

restrooms? have they not been removed to allow for three additional rows of cattle class seating? ;-)a

some fairly old canon camera stuff, canon lenses, Manfrotto "thingy", and an M5, also an M6 that has had a 720nm filter purchased for:
TF posting: here :-)

Wilt
43,895 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Oct 10, 2018 16:25 |  #6

joeseph wrote in post #18703652 (external link)
restrooms? have they not been removed to allow for three additional rows of cattle class seating? ;-)a

Unfortunately, it is not feasible to cut a square hole in the bottom of the plane travelling at 550mph, like trains used to do for toilet facilities.

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
38,897 posts
Gallery: 115 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002

Oct 10, 2018 17:31 |  #7

I miss the ol' days of just walking into an airport, showing a boarding pass, walking right to the plane, getting on and have just 2 or 3 large seats with large storage above, no extra fees, a nice little 3 course meal in-transit. Those were the days, uncomplicated and easy and actually fun. I hate traveling now.

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

Wilt
43,895 posts
Joined Aug 2005
Post edited over 2 years ago by Wilt.

Oct 10, 2018 22:55 |  #8

TeamSpeed wrote in post #18726444 (external link)
I miss the ol' days of just walking into an airport, showing a boarding pass, walking right to the plane, getting on and have just 2 or 3 large seats with large storage above, no extra fees, a nice little 3 course meal in-transit. Those were the days, uncomplicated and easy and actually fun. I hate traveling now.

Yeah, the extremist terrorists have made life worse for the rest of the world...mission accomplished.

But the rest of the blame goes to the airlines, for cutting benefits while giving passengers the illusion of reducing fares.
Instead now we pay $8 for a bag lunch, $25 for luggage checked, $250 for changing flights to get home sooner when our business finishes sooner.
At the same time we the consumers share the blame for instilling that action by the airlines.

Jimncin
21 posts
Joined Mar 2014

Jan 02, 2019 23:47 |  #9

TeamSpeed wrote in post #18726444 (external link)

Just a big skybus these days unless you pay the price. Travelled to New Zealand in business class, that was a very nice trip.

sponsored links

1,750 views & 9 likes for this thread
Ryanair new carry-on bag policy November 1st
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.