Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 10 Oct 2018 (Wednesday) 10:05
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-= Canon EOS R owners unite! Post photos and discuss.

elitejp
Goldmember
1,762 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Oct 13, 2018 22:19 |  #16

awesome that you also have a 5d4. I would be interested hearing what your thoughts are about the r compared to your 5d4 after a few months of usage. Hope you are enjoying your new toy

6D; canon 85mm 1.8, Tamron 24-70mm VC, Canon 135L Canon 70-200L is ii

sponsored links
DigitalTuned
All these thoughts give me nightmares
4,736 posts
Gallery: 41 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 13, 2018 23:08 |  #17

Just ordered mine from b&h, adorama has a back order on the basic EF adapter. Cant wait to get it ;-)a

Isaac
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
facebook - (external link) - 500px (external link)

cdang
263 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Oct 13, 2018 23:20 as a reply to  @ post 18727648 |  #18

Fast lenses like the 85, 135, 200 F2 or anything with thin DOF just to see the accuracies.

Thanks!

chantu
904 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Post edited over 1 year ago by chantu.

Oct 14, 2018 00:11 |  #19

TeamSpeed wrote in post #18728078 (external link)
It seems that the high ISO and low ISO DR isn't quite as good as the 5D4. This probably means it is pretty close to the 6D or 6D2 in actual performance That likely also lends creed to the statement that the EOS-R isn't using the 5D4 sensor.

https://www.fredmirand​a.com/forum/topic/1561​110/ (external link)

Hmm, according the graphs in this article, the 5Dmk4 and EOS R are practically the same.
http://www.photonstoph​otos.net …s/PDR.htm#Canon​%20EOS%20R (external link)

I have no way to vouch for the article but it make sense the sensors of the 5Dmk4 and EOS R are similar given the same resolution.

Canon 5D mk3, 7D mk2, 7D, 17-40L, Canon 85mm f1.8, Canon 70-200mm IS, Canon 17-55mm, Sigma 17-50 OS, Sigma 10-20mm, Tamron 24-70VC 580ex flash (x3), 550ex, Yonguo 622C triggers, Fuji XE-1, 18-55mm Flickr (external link)Feedbacks of Items Sold/Bought *

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
36,980 posts
Gallery: 111 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002
Post edited over 1 year ago by TeamSpeed.

Oct 14, 2018 17:10 as a reply to  @ chantu's post |  #20

That doesn't tell you the high ISO story. I have seen a few folks online that have stated that the EOS-R seems to have a bit more high ISO noise. And DR at low ISOs, where it matters, shows that it is indeed a tiny bit under the 5D4. Run the shadow improvement graph, and again the 5D4 is a bit above. Close enough to be a non issue for all but those that want the best out of a camera though.

It does seem better than the 6D and 6D2 so that is great news.

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: 2x Teleconverter
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

mdvaden
Goldmember
3,351 posts
Gallery: 82 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Oct 14, 2018 23:52 |  #21

This guy shows a good variety of very nice photography done with the EOS R and several lenses. A few slow minutes, but the more part is informative.

vadenphotography.com (external link) . . . and . . . Coast Redwoods Main Page (external link)

DigitalTuned
4,736 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 16, 2018 01:53 |  #22

Today is the day I get mine everyone (hoping I don't miss shipment lol).. Soon I'll be sharing with everyone here as well :mrgreen:

Isaac
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln

dichoi
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Oct 16, 2018 12:18 |  #23

Hi All,

Longtime lurker, never really posted. Just picked up the EOS R with 24-105 this weekend and so far, I'm pretty happy. Build quality is great, and it fits more comfortably in my hand than the Sony A7 series. Autofocus seems to be really good as well, as I was able to get some nice shots of my dog running around. I know a lot of people say the EOS R didn't bring anything revolutionary compared to some of the other mirrorless options out there, but imo, it's a solid camera that fits my needs perfectly. Will try to shoot more this week and upload some photos.

BTW the flippy screen is fantastic.

DigitalTuned
4,736 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 16, 2018 15:18 as a reply to  @ dichoi's post |  #24

Mine came in as soon as I left to work.. :(
Now this 12 hour day I going to feel like 48hrs.. I just know it :cry:

Isaac
Abraham Lincoln

DigitalTuned
4,736 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 17, 2018 05:24 |  #25

First few pics testing all lenses and flash gear i have.. they all work
Here are two shots with these two lenses. Im heading out soon for a sunrise but for now this is what i have

I also had the Godox X1 transmitter firing my two Godox AD360II

I missed focus on this one

IMAGE: http://i68.tinypic.com/sxi4aa.jpg

On this particular lens it cropped to x1.6 @12mp with no higher MP option

IMAGE: http://i67.tinypic.com/2egbi2x.jpg

this camera honestly feels more like my 550d in my hand without its grip. Similar size
Way different feel then my 5d2 and 5d3 in my hands. But its nice i really like it..
Heading out with the kit lens to see what i get.. ill share more pics as i keep using it it with all my different lenses..

Be back in a few with some sunrise photos

Isaac
Abraham Lincoln

DigitalTuned
4,736 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 17, 2018 06:54 |  #26

Two more at sunrise a few mins ago.. these have been processed the way i do my thing, they were underexposed -2 stops and shadow recovery is great
These were shot with the EF-S 18-55m which i use a lot on my 550d for these type of shots

IMAGE: http://i65.tinypic.com/fnbu3q.jpg

IMAGE: http://i65.tinypic.com/2daf1h3.jpg

Isaac
Abraham Lincoln

DigitalTuned
4,736 posts
Joined Nov 2010
Post edited over 1 year ago by DigitalTuned.

Oct 17, 2018 18:53 |  #27

I feel like I am the only one who bought this camera and everyone is pointing at me laughing LMAO.. I am hoping for good weather this weekend to try some portraits in the Autumn leaves .. I want to see how the 135mm L does and my godox gear which i have not updated as it works perfect with my wedding gear as of now.. I'll share some results when I have them :)

Isaac
Abraham Lincoln

rh18
183 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined May 2011

Oct 17, 2018 19:22 |  #28

DigitalTuned wrote in post #18731069 (external link)
I feel like I am the only one who bought this camera and everyone is pointing at me laughing LMAO.. I am hoping for good weather this weekend to try some portraits in the Autumn leaves .. I want to see how the 135mm L does and my godox gear which i have not updated as it works perfect with my wedding gear as of now.. I'll share some results when I have them :)

SUCKER! :lol: Only kidding - I'm sure there are at least couple other people that bought it!

I'm also curious to see how the 135 does. I love that lens. And please report on the auto-focus when you get a feel for how that performs in real world shooting.

Gear and Feedback | flickr (external link)

elitejp
Goldmember
1,762 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Oct 17, 2018 19:29 |  #29

Im sure its a great camera and if you were looking at an upgrade its a solid choice

6D; canon 85mm 1.8, Tamron 24-70mm VC, Canon 135L Canon 70-200L is ii

DigitalTuned
4,736 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 17, 2018 20:08 as a reply to  @ rh18's post |  #30

Haha definitely.. I will report back..

Anyone else got pics to share?

Isaac
Abraham Lincoln

sponsored links

767,733 views & 12,872 likes for this thread
-= Canon EOS R owners unite! Post photos and discuss.
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.