Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 10 Oct 2018 (Wednesday) 10:05
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-= Canon EOS R owners unite! Post photos and discuss.

mdvaden
Goldmember
3,357 posts
Gallery: 82 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Oct 21, 2018 23:06 |  #91

DigitalTuned wrote in post #18733810 (external link)
QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE

this one was shot with the Canon 70-200mm f4 non IS in full frame sensor but cropped by a x1.4 Canon extender
i normally don't use this setup for portraits but for the sake of testing
QUOTED IMAGE

Glad you folks are sharing these. Especially like the last one.

I already have enough saved for an EOS R. My question is whether to wait for a Pro version. I just put my Canon M5 on ad, and if that sells. good chance I will just add a bit extra cash and get two. The model now plus a pro version later.

Still scratching my head over which path.

vadenphotography.com (external link) . . . and . . . Coast Redwoods Main Page (external link)

sponsored links
ElTigreBlanco
564 posts
Gallery: 25 photos
Joined Apr 2009

Oct 22, 2018 04:39 as a reply to  @ mdvaden's post |  #92

What features do you want that you are considering waiting?

I like to shoot things...sometimes with a camera!

samueli
Goldmember
1,011 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Feb 2009
Post edited over 1 year ago by samueli.

Oct 22, 2018 07:31 |  #93

mdvaden wrote in post #18733892 (external link)
Glad you folks are sharing these. Especially like the last one.

I already have enough saved for an EOS R. My question is whether to wait for a Pro version. I just put my Canon M5 on ad, and if that sells. good chance I will just add a bit extra cash and get two. The model now plus a pro version later.

Still scratching my head over which path.

I like the R as it is right now and I think if you're looking in that direction, you'd probably enjoy this release as well. The only thing that would make it better for me is dual card slot, even though I've never actually ran two cards at once. I'm just not an SD card fan.

I shot a bunch this weekend and after setting things up, I'm right at home. High ISO performs well. No complaints with AF; different in selection, but nothing to complain about. No regrets.

I haven't dipped into video that much so far, but it has 4k and I can live with any perceived shortcomings.

And what's even better, is a1ex from magic lantern is already on the R, which if they are successful will make this camera tremendous.

randy98mtu
Goldmember
3,731 posts
Gallery: 345 photos
Joined Dec 2007

Oct 22, 2018 09:20 |  #94

I don't need another camera. I don't need another camera. My 5D4 has 30 MP. I don't need a new camera.

Canon EOS M6 Mark II - EOS R
Donate for Forum Costs

Trout ­ Bum
509 posts
Gallery: 114 photos
Joined Dec 2007

Oct 22, 2018 09:50 |  #95

randy98mtu wrote in post #18734088 (external link)
I don't need another camera. I don't need another camera. My 5D4 has 30 MP. I don't need a new camera.

Keep repeating that...:-)

I hope someone can post some pics with the kit lens. I've wanted an IQ upgrade for a long time from my old 24-105 on my 5D4 (besides my 300 f/4). I've heard it's sharper than the EF 24-70 II, which would make me very happy.

Mark
My photography website (external link)
My fine art website (external link)
My youtube channel (external link)
Instagram: @MarkMilleArt

samueli
Goldmember
1,011 posts
Joined Feb 2009
Post edited over 1 year ago by samueli.

Oct 22, 2018 10:37 |  #96

randy98mtu wrote in post #18734088 (external link)

You don't, you have the 5DIV. The EOS R will add nothing to your photography aside from some GAS relief.

chuckmiller
Goldmember
1,249 posts
Gallery: 21 photos
Joined May 2012

Oct 22, 2018 10:55 |  #97

The beagle looks concerned. Lol

cueball wrote in post #18733123 (external link)
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by cueball in
./showthread.php?p=187​33123&i=i113753230
forum: Canon EOS Digital Cameras

Retired from Fire/Rescue with 30 years on the job 1/05/2019

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
37,011 posts
Gallery: 111 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002
Post edited over 1 year ago by TeamSpeed.

Oct 22, 2018 10:59 |  #98

samueli wrote in post #18734127 (external link)
You don't, you have the 5DIV. The EOS R will add nothing to your photography aside from some GAS relief.

Well it does add this, given my experiences on Canon's other mirrorless:

- Ability to purchase and actually use Rokinon/Samyang fast primes using focus peaking/5x zoom in the viewfinder
- Continuous fast AF with STM lenses when continuous AF is turned on
- Flip touch screen, with the 5D4 lacking the tilt option
- Ability in the future to actually pick up RF lenses and use them
- Silent shutter (unless silent shutter is buried in some other automated setting like on the M50, rendering it basically useless)
- With an adapter, be able to use EFS lenses

But if doing sports or fast AF tracking, it wouldn't add anything, or expecting some sort of high ISO or low ISO DR improvements, which will be nothing or negligible at best.

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: 2x Teleconverter
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

samueli
Goldmember
1,011 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Oct 22, 2018 11:14 |  #99

Shh... I was trying to help. :-0

TeamSpeed wrote in post #18734146 (external link)

- Ability to purchase and actually use Rokinon/Samyang fast primes using focus peaking/5x zoom in the viewfinder
- Flip touch screen, with the 5D4 lacking the tilt option - I did use this to take a picture of of a dog laying on the floor without laying on the floor myself.
- Silent shutter (unless silent shutter is buried in some other automated setting like on the M50, rendering it basically useless) - Menu/Camera Icon/6
- With an adapter, be able to use EFS lenses - Got to use my Tokina 11-16 again!

But if doing sports or fast AF tracking, it wouldn't add anything, or expecting some sort of high ISO or low ISO DR improvements, which will be nothing or negligible at best.

randy98mtu
Goldmember
3,731 posts
Gallery: 345 photos
Joined Dec 2007

Oct 22, 2018 11:20 |  #100

TeamSpeed wrote in post #18734146 (external link)

- Flip touch screen, with the 5D4 lacking the tilt option
- Silent shutter (unless silent shutter is buried in some other automated setting like on the M50, rendering it basically useless)
- With an adapter, be able to use EFS lenses

Honestly none of those appeal to me, with the exception of future RF lenses - though if I don't have the camera, is kind of a moot point. My Sony gives me most of those other options. I just can't pry myself away from Canon. :)

Canon EOS M6 Mark II - EOS R
Donate for Forum Costs

DigitalTuned
All these thoughts give me nightmares
4,746 posts
Gallery: 41 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 22, 2018 13:06 |  #101

Super bored and still playing with vintage lenses before i head to work.. I was given an old OSAWA 35-70mm Macro a while back and i have used it a few times in my 550d. Did some research on this lens and not much comes up but from what i have gathered if, if i remember correctly, not a great lens, 80s lens, and the company went bankrupt a long long time ago.

Mirror selfie with my mirrorless

IMAGE: http://i67.tinypic.com/sgmts3.jpg

Stair case

IMAGE: http://i68.tinypic.com/dpixdv.jpg

Isaac
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
facebook - (external link) - 500px (external link)

DigitalTuned
4,746 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 22, 2018 13:12 |  #102

i cant wait to use this camera with my EF lenses on a portrait session, I had one scheduled this past weekend but the wind was out of control. There are Halloweens festivities the next town over (Salem MA) and vendors with pop up tents had a rough day lol

Isaac
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln

cueball
506 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jun 2008

Oct 22, 2018 13:43 |  #103

chuckmiller wrote in post #18734144 (external link)
The beagle looks concerned. Lol

She was. Standard rules of the Beagle means a prompt payment is expected following any interaction where she sits pretty and a camera is pointed in her direction. In this case, I didn’t have anything in my hand and there was no bag in sight!!!

Canon: 5D Mark IV, EOS R, 35 f1.4L II, 85 f1.4L IS, 16-35 f4L IS, 24-70 f2.8L II, 70-200 f2.8L IS II, 100-400 f4.5-5.6L IS II, 100 f2.8L IS Macro, 2X III, 1.4X III, 580EX II, 430EX
Feedback: https://photography-on-the.net …=12723614&postc​ount=27889, https://photography-on-the.net …=13303433&postc​ount=30051

samueli
Goldmember
1,011 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Oct 22, 2018 13:44 |  #104

cueball wrote in post #18734246 (external link)
She was. Standard rules of the Beagle means a prompt payment is expected following any interaction where she sits pretty and a camera is pointed in her direction. In this case, I didn’t have anything in my hand and there was no bag in sight!!!

I never thought of that! I ruined an entire dog practicing OCF with. Treats never dawned on me.

DigitalTuned
4,746 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 22, 2018 15:16 as a reply to  @ mdvaden's post |  #105

Hmm not sure about the R Pro.. But this one is awesome for photos.. Not that my 550d, 5Dmk2 and 5Dmk3 are not lol.. I love the AF system, not talking about the fancy AF stuff like face and eye detection. I don't know what that is all about but using as a single AF point where you place the focus where you want it is awesome. The single SD slot is meh for me and I had never had a memory card fail on me (currently knocking on wood) I would limit the use of it in a wedding. Yet I used my 5d2 for years as my main camera at weddings. I don't know, people get caught up too much in to the specs. I even questioned myself "do I want this camera, do I really needed this camera?" Answer was yes and the second question was no. I honestly got it because in have been waiting for a while for a Canon FF mirrorless being heavily vested in to Canon gear, cough (GAS). There was no way I was going to another camera brand with all this stuff at hand. I understand the frustration on video specs for many but I personally didn't buy this camera for video. If you can wait to get the latest and greatest then I'd wait, if you cant, id get this one or rent it so you can have a hands on experience yourself before you make your final decision... I myself have to stop spending I bought a Mavic Pro September last year and just got the Mavic 2 Pro a few months ago and my problem is that its hard for me to let go of stuff. Too many toys. Haha.. Well.. Good luck with your decision...

Isaac
Abraham Lincoln

sponsored links

795,931 views & 13,312 likes for this thread
-= Canon EOS R owners unite! Post photos and discuss.
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.