Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 10 Oct 2018 (Wednesday) 10:05
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-= Canon EOS R owners unite! Post photos and discuss.

birder_herper
761 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Oct 24, 2018 04:56 as a reply to  @ post 18735432 |  #136

https://www.fredmirand​a.com/forum/topic/1566​539 (external link)

sponsored links
DigitalTuned
All these thoughts give me nightmares
4,702 posts
Gallery: 41 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Nov 2010
Post edited 10 months ago by DigitalTuned.

Oct 24, 2018 05:12 as a reply to  @ birder_herper's post |  #137

"Clean now" worked for me, not "clean manually", thank for this information

Isaac
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
facebook - (external link) - 500px (external link)

DigitalTuned
4,702 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 24, 2018 05:56 |  #138

No dual card slots but has anyone tried what this man is saying yet?
Im going to try this and if it works like he says then its good with me
https://youtu.be/Mlo7J​aHhi9Q?t=1715 (external link)

Isaac
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln

SereneSpeed
Goldmember
1,004 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Oct 24, 2018 09:00 as a reply to  @ DigitalTuned's post |  #139

I've tried it. It works.

But without the same functionality for RAW files, it's useless to me.

It only takes 4 seconds to transfer a RAW file. I wish Canon would allow RAW transfer...

https://www.danbcreati​ve.com (external link) - Commercial Work
http://unabashedbeauty​.com (external link) - Boudoir/NSFW

samueli
Goldmember
1,011 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Feb 2009

Oct 24, 2018 11:34 |  #140

So what would be a fair asking price for a week old R with maybe 200 clicks, and the basic adapter? Similar to my purchasing skills, my selling skills aren't that great either.

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
36,838 posts
Gallery: 111 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002
Post edited 10 months ago by TeamSpeed. (2 edits in all)

Oct 24, 2018 11:59 |  #141

samueli wrote in post #18735617 (external link)
So what would be a fair asking price for a week old R with maybe 200 clicks, and the basic adapter? Similar to my purchasing skills, my selling skills aren't that great either.

I would keep the adapter if you think you are ever going to go back to the EOS R platform (with the new bodies yet to be announced). Probably look at a 15% discount at this point off the list price? Just a guess though.

However, it won't be long before commlite, viltrox, etc will offer a lower cost adapter though.

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: 2x Teleconverter
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

DTBaan
"male gigolo"
14,072 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Apr 2011
Post edited 10 months ago by DTBaan. (2 edits in all)

Oct 24, 2018 13:28 |  #142

mdvaden wrote in post #18734872 (external link)
I shot with my friend's A7R iii recently. But the next day reviewing, the photos from my 5DS that does not have IBIS and his Sony were no better than the other. Hence why IBIS is at the bottom of the heap for my particular interests. Can be handy for others.

As for Canon's new lens and body thing to make image more stable, I haven't seen anything that proves it's constrained to video. That may be possible. But I don't recall seeing it in print yet.

On the other hand, the new EOS RF system Canon released has some features and accessories that Sony can't meet yet.

I think a good number of people think blindly about Sony and IBIS vs. Canon and IBIS. Sony's crippled ecosystem almost mandates needing IBIS. It's like major surgery for Sony due to the lack of lenses that existed for so long and the well-reported inconsistencies with adapted lenses at certain focal lengths. Now that Sony has a few more lenses, the IBIS in it becomes a bonus.

For Canon, there is such a legion of lenses for the DSLRs that IBIS isn't any big deal at all. And when the EOS R was released with the exceptional adapters, the same legions of lenses plus a few extra were available for it. The EOS R did not need the same IBIS emergency-room surgery in the beginning. So if Canon adds IBIS later, I see it more of an extra bonus than a need.

Any complaining about Canon's first FF not having IBIS is what I think of as "EOS R Derangement Syndrome"

It's not going to be Canon's last body, nor it's last lens. But within reason, the EOS R appears to be taking great photos from what's starting to pop up on the internet.

ive taken many pictures on the original a7 without stabilization. don't call it a crippled system.

DigitalTuned
4,702 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 24, 2018 17:57 as a reply to  @ DTBaan's post |  #143

I think its more crippled feelings than a crippled system honestly..

Isaac
Abraham Lincoln

i-G12
Wat?
1,757 posts
Gallery: 88 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Oct 24, 2018 18:53 |  #144

samueli wrote in post #18735617 (external link)

I’d say $500 cash and a DNA sample.

samueli
Goldmember
1,011 posts
Joined Feb 2009
Post edited 10 months ago by samueli. (3 edits in all)

Oct 24, 2018 19:46 |  #145

I'm not a sports shooter by any stretch, but once I stopped moving the AF point with my nose, I suppose I pulled a few. Mostly tried to keep focus point centered in frame. Continuous shooting helped on a few, but I only let 2 or 3 go at a time.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

samueli
Goldmember
1,011 posts
Joined Feb 2009
Post edited 10 months ago by samueli. (2 edits in all)

Oct 24, 2018 19:47 |  #146

And a couple more. A couple of these out of both posts are heavy crops. Reviewing my focus points, a few where soft to outright missed even though focus point was on. I'm going to attribute that to the shooter though, and not show them.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

mdvaden
Goldmember
3,262 posts
Gallery: 76 photos
Joined Mar 2009
Post edited 10 months ago by mdvaden. (3 edits in all)

Oct 24, 2018 20:20 |  #147

DTBaan wrote in post #18735665 (external link)
ive taken many pictures on the original a7 without stabilization. don't call it a crippled system.

The full context of my reply you quoted was more in the context of the LAUNCH of Canon's FF mirrorless, hence the launch of Sony's mirrorless was implied or connoted.
I'm noting this for others so they don't get confused by the "heavy crop" of your reply compared to the context. Going full circle to spell out for what was implied, Sony's mirrorless launch and mid-progression were very crippled in regards to ecosystem, particularly native ecosystem of lenses.

vadenphotography.com (external link) . . . and . . . Coast Redwoods Main Page (external link)

mdvaden
Goldmember
3,262 posts
Gallery: 76 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Oct 24, 2018 20:24 |  #148

samueli wrote in post #18735854 (external link)
And a couple more. A couple of these are heavy crops. Reviewing my focus points, a few where soft to outright missed even though focus point was on. I'm going to attribute that to the shooter though, and not show them.
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by samueli in
./showthread.php?p=187​35854&i=i182857466
forum: Canon EOS Digital Cameras

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by samueli in
./showthread.php?p=187​35854&i=i241049254
forum: Canon EOS Digital Cameras

So that zoom is fairly quick and accurate for a zoom. Any chance you have a 135mm or 200mm 2.8 prime to compare?

vadenphotography.com (external link) . . . and . . . Coast Redwoods Main Page (external link)

samueli
Goldmember
1,011 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Oct 24, 2018 20:40 |  #149

mdvaden wrote in post #18735872 (external link)
So that zoom is fairly quick and accurate for a zoom. Any chance you have a 135mm or 200mm 2.8 prime to compare?

No chance.

nardes
Goldmember
1,811 posts
Gallery: 376 photos
Joined Jun 2009

Oct 25, 2018 00:30 |  #150

Picked mine up this morning and grabbed these shots in the city centre parklands on my way to the bus station.

Taken with the RF 24-105mm F4L, looks like a really sharp lens.

The flip out LCD was very useful in taking the Eastern Water Dragon shot.:-)

The Damselfly shot was taken with the camera held at arms length (over water - yikes!) so not the steadiest of shooting positions.

Cheers

Dennis

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

sponsored links

683,382 views & 11,484 likes for this thread
-= Canon EOS R owners unite! Post photos and discuss.
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.