Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 07 Sep 2016 (Wednesday) 13:53
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-= 5D Mark IV owners unite! Post photos and discuss.

ksbal
Goldmember
2,742 posts
Gallery: 374 photos
Best ofs: 9
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 27, 2018 13:44 |  #5896

From a two day shoot this weekend.
I made the dragon head, chicken wire and paper mache, the set is inside my barn.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Godox/Flashpoint r2 system, plus some canon stuff.

sponsored links
bwhip
635 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Oct 27, 2018 22:24 |  #5897

My wife sent me a link the other day to the fantastic work of German photographer Christian Vieler, who has produced some incredibly fun images of dogs having snacks tossed their way. I thought it might be fun to set up a little studio in my man cave and see if we could make some similar images with our dogs. They were very willing to help, and didn't seem to mind when we had to keep trying and trying to get the timing and focus just right. :lol:

IMAGE: http://bwhip.com/galleries/BlogPhotos/dog_snacks/6U4A1477.jpg

IMAGE: http://bwhip.com/galleries/BlogPhotos/dog_snacks/6U4A1456.jpg

IMAGE: http://bwhip.com/galleries/BlogPhotos/dog_snacks/6U4A1483.jpg

bwhip's blog (external link)

Pippan
Goldmember
1,380 posts
Gallery: 85 photos
Joined Oct 2015

Oct 27, 2018 22:26 |  #5898

bwhip wrote in post #18738036 (external link)
QUOTED IMAGE

The face of ecstasy!

— Please feel free to offer your thoughts on how I might improve my images —

Jorgac
523 posts
Gallery: 69 photos
Best ofs: 12
Joined Sep 2013

Oct 28, 2018 06:33 |  #5899

Out of the darkness. Captured this leopard from a hide in Zimanga Private Game Reserve, South Africa. The cat was about 4 meters from me.

HOSTED PHOTO

Name is Charles | Instagram charlesjorg
Nikon D850, D500, Nikkor 500mm F5.6 PF, Nikkor 300mm F4 PF, Nikkor 85mm F1.8, Tamron 70-200mm F2.8 G2, Tamron 24-70mm F2.8 G2, Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 macro, Tamron 17-35mm F2.8-4

Cyberex
133 posts
Gallery: 57 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined May 2014
Post edited 3 months ago by Cyberex.

Oct 28, 2018 07:35 |  #5900

Hi. I want to upgrade my mk2 to mk4 and have a question about high iso shooting and night (stars) landscapes: what quality mk4 shows on iso 3200-6400 with 30sec exposure time ? No colored lines (banding) or overheating ? How easy can clean images with stars from noise ? Can you say, that mk4 its a good camera for nightscapes ?

500px (external link)
||||||||||||
Canon 5D mk2 | Samyang 14/2.8 | Canon EF 24-70/2.8L | 40/2.8 | 85L II | 135L (L for Love) | x1.4 Extender | Studio flashes and other stuff

nqjudo
Goldmember
3,161 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Oct 28, 2018 10:03 |  #5901

Cyberex wrote in post #18738226 (external link)
Hi. I want to upgrade my mk2 to mk4 and have a question about high iso shooting and night (stars) landscapes: what quality mk4 shows on iso 3200-6400 with 30sec exposure time ? No colored lines (banding) or overheating ? How easy can clean images with stars from noise ? Can you say, that mk4 its a good camera for nightscapes ?

You won't have any problem in this scenario. There is no shortage of shots around at ISOs much higher than 6400 and longer exposures than 30 seconds as evidence. No problem with noise reduction or overheating either. None of these were issues even for the 5D3.

No photographer is as good as the simplest camera. - Edward Steichen.

xinvisionx
Goldmember
1,703 posts
Gallery: 22 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 28, 2018 12:01 |  #5902

I loosely plan when I set out to do landscape photography due to the fact that you never really know what to expect. The weather, plans, or scene can change so quickly and all you can do is improvise and see if something catches your eye. Yesterday was one of those days.

The idea was to head out to Sedona and capture some fall color. My gf Tracy and I got a late start and I knew she wanted to see a a specific art gallery and catch Darius Lux's musical performance at a brewery. So by the time we got into town I had already put my plans for photo's on the back burner (happily since I enjoy Tracy).

Sunset wasn't far off by the time we were done and neither of us wanted to get home late. So off we went. But I took some random roads while taking in the scenery with the windows down.

off in the distance was a bridge I had never seen before which led to a high end gated community. We parked on the side of the road and walked over and onto the bridge which crossed Oak Creek. This view was gorgeous and I snapped several images. But as the sun was falling below the horizon, my eye saw something I knew I wanted to take home with me. A black and white abstract shot of the creek as it trailed off into the distance.

It's a simple shot that encompasses the "Spirit of oak Creek"...and thus the image is named.

**Also included the image of my camera snapping this shot (I know, I know...it's taken with a T2i, but the actual image was taken by the Mark IV)

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

My name is James ~ Gear ~ Facebook Fan Page (external link)

davinci953
241 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Oct 28, 2018 12:49 |  #5903

My wife sent me a link the other day to the fantastic work of German photographer Christian Vieler, who has produced some incredibly fun images of dogs having snacks tossed their way. I thought it might be fun to set up a little studio in my man cave and see if we could make some similar images with our dogs. They were very willing to help, and didn't seem to mind when we had to keep trying and trying to get the timing and focus just right. :lol:

QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE

Fun shots. Those images are great.

GammyKnee
184 posts
Gallery: 53 photos
Joined Feb 2015

Oct 28, 2018 13:32 |  #5904

QUOTED IMAGE
QUOTED IMAGE
QUOTED IMAGE

Superb - especially that last one!!

Formerly Beanie's Dad (account lost in forum update)
Gear: 5D II & IV, assorted lenses, Canon & Yongnuo flash

Terrycanon
654 posts
Gallery: 595 photos
Joined Mar 2016

Oct 28, 2018 14:03 |  #5905

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

It's all about the light...
See more of my pictures on Flickr: tezzerh

unreal
"GodLike"
152 posts
Joined Aug 2018

Oct 28, 2018 15:02 |  #5906

IMAGE: https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1977/44879593274_fc2d26b36c_b.jpg

therobveiller
186 posts
Gallery: 99 photos
Joined Aug 2012
Post edited 3 months ago by therobveiller. (2 edits in all)

Oct 28, 2018 16:09 |  #5907

Jorgac wrote in post #18738207 (external link)
Out of the darkness. Captured this leopard from a hide in Zimanga Private Game Reserve, South Africa. The cat was about 4 meters from me.
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Jorgac in
./showthread.php?p=187​38207&i=i139734351
forum: Canon EOS Digital Cameras

I too have had the honor of seeing a leopard in the wild (in India by contrast), but I didn't get anywhere near as good a view or picture as you have managed. They are truely magnificent creatures to see first-hand in the wild.

abiciriderback
169 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Oct 2008

Oct 28, 2018 21:56 |  #5908

Really loving the Sigma Art 105 f1.4 mounted on the 5D MK IV

HOSTED PHOTO

LJ3Jim
Goldmember
1,023 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2012

Oct 28, 2018 22:57 |  #5909

abiciriderback wrote in post #18738842 (external link)
Really loving the Sigma Art 105 f1.4 mounted on the 5D MK IV
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by abiciriderback in
./showthread.php?p=187​38842&i=i102334761
forum: Canon EOS Digital Cameras

Beautiful dog, and great capture. If you don't mind, I have one suggestion. There's essentially a vertical ray of light above the dog's left ear. It's pretty distracting from an otherwise excellent photo. Easy to clone out, and it would remove the only flaw I see in this image.

Image editing ok; C&C always welcome.

Lame-Duck
Cream of the Crop
8,449 posts
Gallery: 336 photos
Joined Jul 2006

Oct 28, 2018 23:48 |  #5910

QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE

These are absolutely great shots. You captured some very humerus expressions.

LD, or Mike
Often mistaken, but never in doubt.

sponsored links

1,608,812 views & 26,086 likes for this thread
-= 5D Mark IV owners unite! Post photos and discuss.
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.