Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Gear Reviews Bag Reviews 
Thread started 19 Oct 2018 (Friday) 16:38
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)
TOGGLE RATINGS BETWEEN ALL AND snerd (showing now: snerd)
Overall Rating9
Value for Money9.5
Must Have8
Got What I Expected9.5
Build Quality9
Carrying Comfort8
Fast Shootingn/a
not rated
Durability9.5
Compartment Logic8
Versatility7.5
Security7
Weather Protection8
Ownership Status: "own"

Click here for sample photos and more info.
Click ratings to see total averages and rating distributions.
List all reviews of Canon 200DG Deluxe Gadget Bag

Canon 200DG Deluxe Gadget Bag, reviewed by snerd

snerd
655 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Joined Nov 2010
Post edited 4 months ago by snerd.

Oct 19, 2018 16:38 |  #1

I purchased my Canon 200EG Carry Bag back in June of 2013. Over 5 years it's held up beautifully! There is no option for the EG series in the gear list, so I picked the DG series. Not sure what the differences may be, other than a slightly newer model. Bought from Amazon for $39.95. Highly recommend!

mdvaden
Goldmember
2,830 posts
Gallery: 48 photos
Joined Mar 2009
Post edited 3 months ago by mdvaden. (2 edits in all)

Nov 12, 2018 23:02 |  #2

snerd wrote in post #18732360 (external link)
I purchased my Canon 200EG Carry Bag back in June of 2013. Over 5 years it's held up beautifully! There is no option for the EG series in the gear list, so I picked the DG series. Not sure what the differences may be, other than a slightly newer model. Bought from Amazon for $39.95. Highly recommend!

Presently, I'm using an over $200 Lowepro, but that Canon 200EG is one of the best buys I ever got. I got the Lowepro like 4 years ago. But I bought the Canon pack like 8 years ago.

Other photographers ignorantly posted questions like "what if a strap breaks, then what will you do?". My thought was "what if your thinktank breaks a strap, then what will you do" !!

Anyway, the Canon bag fully functions and I've taken it into rugged terrain of Redwood National Park's interior, jumping off logs, crawling under tight log spaces, walking, running and bushwhacking. All the zippers and straps are working. No tears no rips.

The only reason I got the Lowepro was the Canon 200EG doesn't hold two bodies and an many lenses as I carry sometimes for portraits.

vadenphotography.com (external link) . . . and . . . Coast Redwoods Main Page (external link)

snerd
THREAD ­ STARTER
655 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Joined Nov 2010

Nov 13, 2018 12:46 |  #3

mdvaden wrote in post #18750003 (external link)
Presently, I'm using an over $200 Lowepro, but that Canon 200EG is one of the best buys I ever got. I got the Lowepro like 4 years ago. But I bought the Canon pack like 8 years ago.

Other photographers ignorantly posted questions like "what if a strap breaks, then what will you do?". My thought was "what if your thinktank breaks a strap, then what will you do" !!

Anyway, the Canon bag fully functions and I've taken it into rugged terrain of Redwood National Park's interior, jumping off logs, crawling under tight log spaces, walking, running and bushwhacking. All the zippers and straps are working. No tears no rips.

The only reason I got the Lowepro was the Canon 200EG doesn't hold two bodies and an many lenses as I carry sometimes for portraits.

Yeah, I have to carry my second body separately too. I took an old canvas and leather bag I had, added some thick padding, and carry it in my hand opposite the Canon over my shoulder hand. I can even work 2 lenses into it if needed. In my financial kingdom, necessity is the mother of invention!

Chief_10Beers
Didn't get his vaccinations . . .
487 posts
Gallery: 36 photos
Joined Oct 2011

Dec 09, 2018 07:19 |  #4

snerd wrote in post #18732360 (external link)

I have the 200EG Back Pack, it was recently replace by a LP 450 AW II. I'll still use the 200 EG when I want to carry light. I've had the 200 since 2011 and it's holding up pretty good, no rips, stitching holding up and the zippers are in good shape.............

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
I am John Galt
TVC15
Gear List

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

604 views & 2 likes for this thread
Canon 200DG Deluxe Gadget Bag, reviewed by snerd
FORUMS Gear Reviews Bag Reviews 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.