Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 16 Dec 2018 (Sunday) 21:39
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Lightroom CC Edit in...Photoshop CC is launching a Trial 2019 version rather than my base 2017

kezug
721 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Mar 2010

Dec 16, 2018 21:39 |  #1

I have Lr CC 2015 and Ps CC 2017 (as I see when I launch them each separately and going into Help About). However, I am having trouble if I ONLY have Lr running and I choose edit a photo by right clicking and choosing Edit In...Photoshop CC 2019 it attempts to launch Ps but then it asks me to sign in for a 7 day trial version.

I did download what I thought were valid updates to my subscribed software versions for Lr and Ps (as I kept getting windows alerting me to available updates) but something is not working as I describe above.

IF I launch Lr and Ps individually, then go into Lr and right click a photo to choose Edit in...Photoshope CC 2019, it will bring up Ps with my photo as always. But if I ONLY have Lr running and I do the same, it wants me to sign in to Ps 7 day trial.

This never happened prior to downloading these "updates"!

I am not even sure where to begin to get this "trial" removed and I do not want to load my Ps that I have installed.

Any ideas what can be done to fix this?

Camera's: 70D, G12 | Len's: 18-135mm IS STM, 55-250mm IS STM, 50mm f/1.8 II | Photos:flickr (external link)

sponsored links
kezug
THREAD ­ STARTER
721 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Dec 16, 2018 22:01 |  #2

I finally figured out what happened.

I somehow signed into the software with my secondary email account rather that the email account I used upon purchase of the software.

This is what I did to fix this (incase someone ends up in similar situation).

I logged onto Adobe web site and went into my profile. I noticed within here that my primary email address was not validated. I clicked the "validate" link and then followed the instructions per the email I received.

I then opened up Lr and signed out, then exited and relaunched where I signed in with my accurate email account I used to purchase the software.
Once I did that, every thing was back to normal.

Camera's: 70D, G12 | Len's: 18-135mm IS STM, 55-250mm IS STM, 50mm f/1.8 II | Photos:flickr (external link)

digital ­ paradise
How do I change this?
14,314 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Dec 17, 2018 09:28 |  #3

I wondering why you are still using Lr CC 2015? If you on subscription you are eligible to upgrade to LR Classic CC which is at version 8 now. Are you not using PS CC 2019 regularly as well? Both have a lot of updates.

Image Editing OK

Website (external link) ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

kezug
THREAD ­ STARTER
721 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Dec 17, 2018 20:24 |  #4

digital paradise wrote in post #18772537 (external link)
I wondering why you are still using Lr CC 2015? If you on subscription you are eligible to upgrade to LR Classic CC which is at version 8 now. Are you not using PS CC 2019 regularly as well? Both have a lot of updates.

I purchased this software last year from Adobe.

When I go into Lr and do Help About I see Lr (logo) Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC 2015.14 Release Camera Raw 10.1
For Ps, Help About, I see, Ps (logo) Adobe Photoshop CC 2017.1.1

When I review my Order from Adobe, the invoice has this line item (purchased this Monthly membership on Aug 2017)
- Phtoshp Lightrm Bndl ALL MLP DSP Ret Inv 01 mnth MUN 1 YR NEW

I am puzzled now why Lr says 2015????

kezug
THREAD ­ STARTER
721 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Dec 17, 2018 20:35 |  #5

Ok, I have no clue as to why my initial purchased Lr was from 2015 version. But I just found the "update" button and I now have a newer version of Lr. They appear to be the same named software but one is clearly the 2015 version and the updated one is called Lr Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC (same as prior) but the version is 2.1.1 and below that sas 20181211-###-####e4 Build

Gosh, this looks much different. I am stumped as to how I missed this. Even when doing tutorials, it was similar looking to my 2015 version. Ugh! I need to figure out how to port over my catalog (if that is even possible!)

digital ­ paradise
How do I change this?
14,314 posts
Joined Oct 2009
Post edited 2 months ago by digital paradise.

Dec 17, 2018 21:26 |  #6

If you upgrade to LR Classic CC it creates a new catalogue and merges your old one into it. All your edits will be there. There should be 2 catalogues in the LR folder but Classic will open the new one.

Image Editing OK

tzalman
Fatal attraction.
13,452 posts
Joined Apr 2005
Post edited 2 months ago by tzalman.

Dec 18, 2018 11:06 |  #7

There are two versions of Lightroom that are both available to Photographer's Package subscriber's: one is now called LR Classic CC and is probably the app that you want, the other is LR CC (what you downloaded). Classic is the direct evolution from earlier versions - versions 1 to 5 and 6/2015 - and after having progressed from 7.0 to 7.5 is currently 8.1. It is desktop based in that you continue to store your photo files locally on either internal or external drives, just like before, although you can send lower resolution copies to storage in the cloud space included in the deal.

LR CC is now at 2.1 and is the cloud based version. It is basically the Mac or Windows versions of LR Mobile for iOS or Android and synchs with it. You must store your photo files in the cloud, although you can keep backup copies locally.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Elie / אלי

digital ­ paradise
How do I change this?
14,314 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Dec 18, 2018 15:48 |  #8

Good idea to point that out.

Image Editing OK

kezug
THREAD ­ STARTER
721 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Dec 18, 2018 20:54 |  #9

tzalman wrote in post #18773286 (external link)
There are two versions of Lightroom that are both available to Photographer's Package subscriber's: one is now called LR Classic CC and is probably the app that you want, the other is LR CC (what you downloaded). Classic is the direct evolution from earlier versions - versions 1 to 5 and 6/2015 - and after having progressed from 7.0 to 7.5 is currently 8.1. It is desktop based in that you continue to store your photo files locally on either internal or external drives, just like before, although you can send lower resolution copies to storage in the cloud space included in the deal.

LR CC is now at 2.1 and is the cloud based version. It is basically the Mac or Windows versions of LR Mobile for iOS or Android and synchs with it. You must store your photo files in the cloud, although you can keep backup copies locally.

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by tzalman in
./showthread.php?p=187​73286&i=i111217928
forum: RAW, Post Processing & Printing

digital paradise wrote in post #18773518 (external link)
Good idea to point that out.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I really did not pick up on this difference between the 2 lightrooms. I now have the latest version of LR that I am familiar with..now called LR Classic CC.

Odd naming convention! But thank you both!

digital ­ paradise
How do I change this?
14,314 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Dec 18, 2018 21:29 |  #10

My fault as I should have added that right at the start. I assumed this time around.

Image Editing OK

kezug
THREAD ­ STARTER
721 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Dec 19, 2018 06:53 |  #11

digital paradise wrote in post #18773765 (external link)
My fault as I should have added that right at the start. I assumed this time around.

All is well and I still thank you for responding and helping in all of this. This is what I love about this forum (the photography and the people involved!).

digital ­ paradise
How do I change this?
14,314 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Dec 19, 2018 09:07 |  #12

A good developer. If you are comparing the latest version of C1 to LR6 then you aren’t getting the full picture. LR8 has a slew of improvements including new colour profiles. You might want to try it out if comparing. Not at my computer but in a while I’ll post a link that shows the changes in the last year.

Image Editing OK

sponsored links

1,108 views & 1 like for this thread
Lightroom CC Edit in...Photoshop CC is launching a Trial 2019 version rather than my base 2017
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.