Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets 
Thread started 25 Jun 2012 (Monday) 18:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Post your CAT pictures here! (2)

ozziepuppy
Goldmember
3,164 posts
Gallery: 197 photos
Joined Aug 2008

Dec 22, 2018 09:58 |  #9406

Mark A. wrote in post #18775693 (external link)
Thank you Jeff.

The saga continues in a good way, having received a handwritten letter from the previous owner, expressing her gratitude that we will care for and love the cat she had to leave behind with some irresponsible others. I do not think that she knew her cat would be in peril, when she had to move to a house that did not accept a second one of her two cats. Her letter revealed, she was heart broken at having to make that decision.

I have compiled a USB drive for her with some 300+ images of Rocky, and boy, there was a period of time where I was fuming about how this cat was out in the cold, wet, snow and the street, and I documented it because I was so upset. Now, the contrast of his past life to his new life, is stark.

Rocky continues to do well in our home and he has a new veterinary appointment next month. I sense that he will run up some significant bills.

.........I'd rather him stretch his arm out of his new, carpet-lined cat house, than stretch it out into a busy street.
QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/2aWR​sY1  (external link) 123_3716_2 (external link) by Mark A. photo (external link), on Flickr

(I know a couple of these images are not in perfect focus, but they depict his previous vs. current life)

Wow, love that last one!

Marci
Constructive criticism always appreciated.
Gear
Pre-2018 Feedback :)

sponsored links
ozziepuppy
Goldmember
3,164 posts
Gallery: 197 photos
Joined Aug 2008

Dec 22, 2018 10:40 |  #9407

My LaPerm Frappi (short for Frappuccino, which was the name given to him by the breeder due to his brown color) wasn't acting "normal" (he was hiding in the closet when he is usually my "velcro cat"), so I took him to the vet. Turned out he had a ruptured anal sac, which had left an infected hole about the size of a dime. He had to stay overnight for surgery on Tuesday. Yesterday he got the drain removed, but he doesn't get the stitches out until January 2. He managed to pull out some of the stitches, so now he has to wear a cone 24/7, which he doesn't like.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Marci
Constructive criticism always appreciated.
Gear
Pre-2018 Feedback :)

meh_meli
Goldmember
1,355 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Oct 2008

Dec 22, 2018 11:27 |  #9408

Itsed65 wrote in post #18775482 (external link)
This week marks 10 years since I brought these little clowns home in a tiny cardboard box from the Humane Society. Happy Anniversary Lenny and Carl! (As a side note, the horrible quality of this photo and the antics of two kittens are what got me to purchase my first "real" digital camera, a Canon 40D, which led to me taking up an interest many more photographic interests. I still however, love taking pictures of my boys!)
QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/2cjr​XPF  (external link)
10 Years Ago (external link) by lennycarl08 (external link), on Flickr

Happy Birthdays Ed.

Kevin Goto
I prefer Pachelbels lesser known work, Canon in L and the 99 cent menu club.

hammer418
Goldmember
2,025 posts
Gallery: 23 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Dec 22, 2018 11:39 |  #9409

ozziepuppy wrote in post #18775982 (external link)
My LaPerm Frappi (short for Frappuccino, which was the name given to him by the breeder due to his brown color) wasn't acting "normal" (he was hiding in the closet when he is usually my "velcro cat"), so I took him to the vet. Turned out he had a ruptured anal sac, which had left an infected hole about the size of a dime. He had to stay overnight for surgery on Tuesday. Yesterday he got the drain removed, but he doesn't get the stitches out until January 2. He managed to pull out some of the stitches, so now he has to wear a cone 24/7, which he doesn't like.

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by ozziepuppy in
./showthread.php?p=187​75982&i=i164449664
forum: Pets

I think that I would have named him 'Cinnamon' ...... but nonetheless, he has a wonderful colored coat !
Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your "velcro". :-)

itsallart
Cream of the Crop
8,427 posts
Gallery: 705 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Jan 2015

Dec 22, 2018 12:24 as a reply to  @ ozziepuppy's post |  #9410

Speedy recovery wishes.
Oh, the cone of shame :)

Renata
Seeing lights and shadows is an art :)
Renata Sharman (external link)Tanami Muse (external link)
500px (external link)
Etsy Store (external link)

kelstar
Goldmember
1,350 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Jun 2006

Dec 22, 2018 14:34 |  #9411

thumbnail

Wishing him a speedy recovery.

flickr (external link)

jeffcranwell
625 posts
Gallery: 114 photos
Joined Oct 2008

Dec 22, 2018 14:49 |  #9412

IMAGE: https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7834/45510353575_f2675d0fe6_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/2ckA​syx  (external link) CC9J4445-Edit (external link) by Jeff Cranwell (external link), on Flickr

Eos 1D Mark IV Canon EF 24-105mm F/4L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS MKII USM Canon EF 16-35mm F/4L IS USM Canon EF 100mm Macro F/2.8L IS USM

windpig
Chopped liver
14,776 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Dec 2008

Dec 22, 2018 17:20 |  #9413

jeffcranwell wrote in post #18776124 (external link)
QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/2ckA​syx  (external link) CC9J4445-Edit (external link) by Jeff Cranwell (external link), on Flickr

What a stunning beautiful, cute kitten.

Would you like to buy a vowel?
Go ahead, spin the wheel.
flickr (external link)
I'm accross the canal just south of Ballard, the town Seattle usurped in 1907.

just ­ whistle
543 posts
Gallery: 74 photos
Joined Jan 2015

Dec 22, 2018 18:48 |  #9414

thumbnail

Awww, feel better soon. My angel, Fizzy, had issues although never required surgery. Poor kitty!

Lesley

LoneRider
Goldmember
1,825 posts
Gallery: 287 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 22, 2018 22:55 |  #9415

Working two jobs, one an overnight graveyard shift, I rarely get more than 5-6 hours of sleep a day and usually no more than 3 hours at a time.

Meanwhile, this freeloader manages about 14-16 hours a day, must be nice!

HOSTED PHOTO
Photo from LoneRider's gallery.

Wayne...
~I don't suffer from gear ADD, I embrace and enjoy it...~
Cano EOS R, EOS 80D, Panasonic G9, GX9, and a bunch of glass...

LoneRider
Goldmember
1,825 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 22, 2018 23:10 |  #9416

And a BW conversion...

HOSTED PHOTO
Photo from LoneRider's gallery.

Wayne...

itsallart
Cream of the Crop
8,427 posts
Gallery: 705 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Jan 2015

Dec 23, 2018 00:06 |  #9417

LoneRider wrote in post #18776389 (external link)
Working two jobs, one an overnight graveyard shift, I rarely get more than 5-6 hours of sleep a day and usually no more than 3 hours at a time.

Meanwhile, this freeloader manages about 14-16 hours a day, must be nice!

Sorry to hear about working so hard. Hope you get a break and catch up on sleep.

I love the color version with its complementary colors.

Renata
Seeing lights and shadows is an art :)
Renata Sharman (external link)Tanami Muse (external link)
500px (external link)
Etsy Store (external link)

jeffcranwell
625 posts
Gallery: 114 photos
Joined Oct 2008

Dec 23, 2018 03:04 as a reply to  @ windpig's post |  #9418

Many Thanks windpig :-)

Eos 1D Mark IV Canon EF 24-105mm F/4L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS MKII USM Canon EF 16-35mm F/4L IS USM Canon EF 100mm Macro F/2.8L IS USM

pcs
I suddenly feel very old
1,279 posts
Gallery: 994 photos
Joined Apr 2010

Dec 23, 2018 04:41 |  #9419

thumbnail

Does he rhink he's a dog? Usually we see this in dogs:-|?
Don't worry it will soon heal, as soon as the abces is opened the worst is over.

LoneRider
Goldmember
1,825 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 23, 2018 06:41 as a reply to  @ itsallart's post |  #9420

Thanks, I usually catch up on the weekends. Actually on vacation for the holidays, so doing well.

Wayne...

sponsored links

1,682,577 views & 30,661 likes for this thread
Post your CAT pictures here! (2)
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.