Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 08 Dec 2018 (Saturday) 23:34
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Need some photoshop guidance / best practices

john ­ crossley
Goldmember
2,408 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Dec 23, 2018 03:19 |  #31

digital paradise wrote in post #18776333 (external link)
Guess I'm just going to be misunderstood. I don't want just the TIFF files exported. I want the TIFF files (not their duplicate CR2 files) and all the CR2 files that that did not go to PS to all be exported in one go.

If out of 100 files I send one file to PS and it comes back. For example it was the 50th file in the bunch. I want 100 jpgs exported. 1-49 are from the CR2's, #50 is the TIFF, 51-100 are the other CR2's. I want them numbered 1 to 100 at export and that TIFF will be a Jpeg numbered 50 in that sequence. Sometimes there are 10 TIFF's out of 100 files.

I tried the filter as suggested. All I got where TIFF's.

No idea where you are getting DUPLICATE CR2 files from. But if you want to export ALL the UN-FLAGGED images (CR2 and TIFF) that are in a folder then just filter them by flag status.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Some days I'm the dog, some days I'm the lamppost.

BigAl007
Cream of the Crop
7,954 posts
Gallery: 542 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 23, 2018 07:51 |  #32

As long as you are working in the Folder, not a collection/smart collection, the returned PSD/TIFF files will be stacked with the CR2/3 files. When you collapse the stack you only see the top image in the stack. As long as you had not already grouped any images into stacks manually if you go to "Photo-Stacking-Collapse All" you will only see the top image in the grid view. A select all will now just select the visible images. If you go back and expand the stacks again you will see that the images within the stacks are not selected.

So this will give you what you need for exporting all images. You can then use any other filters on the images to narrow down your selection if you need to.

Alan

My Flickr (external link)
My new Aviation images blog site (external link)

digital ­ paradise
How do I change this?
14,314 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Dec 23, 2018 10:17 |  #33

john crossley wrote in post #18776448 (external link)
No idea where you are getting DUPLICATE CR2 files from. But if you want to export ALL the UN-FLAGGED images (CR2 and TIFF) that are in a folder then just filter them by flag status.

I’m not getting duplicates because the flagged CR2’s aren’t being exported. I’m not struggling and looking for help. I just posted a method I use. My process is just as fast, it does exactly what I need and it has severed me well for over 7 years.

I really appreciate the alternative method and I’ll check it out. I just don’t want this to look like I’m struggling because I’m not. I just did two mass edits and the flagging method I use along with the export page were the easiest parts. It never fails me.

Image Editing OK

Website (external link) ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

digital ­ paradise
How do I change this?
14,314 posts
Joined Oct 2009
Post edited 2 months ago by digital paradise.

Dec 23, 2018 10:19 |  #34

BigAl007 wrote in post #18776523 (external link)
As long as you are working in the Folder, not a collection/smart collection, the returned PSD/TIFF files will be stacked with the CR2/3 files. When you collapse the stack you only see the top image in the stack. As long as you had not already grouped any images into stacks manually if you go to "Photo-Stacking-Collapse All" you will only see the top image in the grid view. A select all will now just select the visible images. If you go back and expand the stacks again you will see that the images within the stacks are not selected.

So this will give you what you need for exporting all images. You can then use any other filters on the images to narrow down your selection if you need to.

Alan

Thanks Alan

Image Editing OK

digital ­ paradise
How do I change this?
14,314 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Dec 23, 2018 12:01 |  #35

For both methods to work after the TIFFs that come back to PS the CR2's have to be flagged because we don't want export them. I do that immediately but it can be done at the end.

End of the mass edit. 100 files. 10 went to PS and I only want to export the 10 TIFF's and the 90 CR2's that didn't go to PS.

My method

1. Select all flagged photos

2. Invert Selection

3. Open export page

Filter method

1. Gp to Library module

2. You have to open the Attributes if they were closed so that might be an extra step.

3. Click on Flag icon.

4. Open export page.

The advantage to the Filter method is it hides the flagged CR2 files and shows the TIFF is the 2nd file of two. It is a nice feature that sometimes I do or not do manually when the TIFF comes back from PS. It just requires one click on the TIFF file but is not critical to the end results - which are the same using both methods. With my method I don't have leave the Develop module.

The Filter method is very good but I don't see where there are any major time savings. If I had been struggling I would have asked for help long ago. Also these large edits are typically gigs so I don't use Smart Collections, etc. After giving the customer the files they never ask for them again. After about a month I delete the Jpegs. For hobby shooting I work on a handful and usually only export one file at a time so I don't need numbering sequences, etc. I put those into smart collections.

Image Editing OK

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

2,778 views & 0 likes for this thread
Need some photoshop guidance / best practices
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.