Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 10 Oct 2018 (Wednesday) 10:05
Search threadPrev/next

-= Canon EOS R owners unite! Post photos and discuss.

LoneRider
Goldmember
2,494 posts
Gallery: 488 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 09, 2019 00:07 as a reply to  @ post 18787395 |  #2161

Wow, quite the backyard view!

Wayne...
~I don't suffer from gear ADD, I embrace and enjoy it...~
Canon EOS R, Panasonic G9, GX9, and a bunch of glass...

Gel
Goldmember
1,145 posts
Joined Sep 2009
Post edited over 1 year ago by Gel.

Jan 09, 2019 04:05 |  #2162

I've just blogged a wedding shot with the EOS R:

Cain Manor Wedding shot with the Canon EOS R (external link)

I was also shooting with the 5D4 but 70% off all the images came from the R and as I was shooting it in a 2:3 aspect ratio they are fairly easy to spot.

Chris Giles Photography

MatthewK
Goldmember
4,466 posts
Gallery: 865 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Apr 2009
Post edited over 1 year ago by MatthewK.

Jan 09, 2019 05:42 |  #2163

bbqkid8 wrote in post #18787395 (external link)
No squirrels or deer when I step out through my back door :-(
This is me playing around with the HDR mode.

Love the perspective on this one, wide open landscape with some good detail to explore. Very nice!

It's good to know there's an HDR mode, something that I used a bit w/ my 5D4. Didn't see it in my first run through, so thank you!

Phoenixkh wrote in post #18787441 (external link)
800mm... and very nice..... You must be very pleased. Looks fantastic.

Thank you very much, Kim. Being able to hit 800mm in a zoom w/ AF, and having it perform like this, is a gift. All the more support for my claim that the 100-400 II is Canon's best lens :-)

bbqkid8
302 posts
Gallery: 56 photos
Joined Jul 2008

Jan 09, 2019 05:58 |  #2164

MatthewK wrote in post #18787752 (external link)
Love the perspective on this one, wide open landscape with some good detail to explore. Very nice!

It's good to know there's an HDR mode, something that I used a bit w/ my 5D4. Didn't see it in my first run through, so thank you!

Thank you very much, Kim. Being able to hit 800mm in a zoom w/ AF, and having it perform like this, is a gift. All the more support for my claim that the 100-400 II is Canon's best lens :-)

Thanks. I was never one to dabble with HDR because I always thought it looked unnatural and over processed, but it’s nice to see that it has evolved over the years.

Brian,
Canon EOS R; Canon 500mm f/4 Mark II; Canon 100-400mm f/4-5.6 Mark II; Canon 70-200mm 2.8 Mark II; Canon RF 28-70 f/2; Canon 1.4x Extender Mark III;
https://www.brianbaqui​al.com (external link)
Instagram (external link)

bbqkid8
302 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jan 09, 2019 07:07 |  #2165

Gel wrote in post #18787729 (external link)
I've just blogged a wedding shot witht he EOS R:

I was also shooting with the 5D4 but 70% off all the images came from the R and as I was shooting it in a 2:3 aspect ratio they are fairly easy to spot.

I saw that you had posted this in the EOS R Facebook group. Nice shots!

Brian,
Canon EOS R; Canon 500mm f/4 Mark II; Canon 100-400mm f/4-5.6 Mark II; Canon 70-200mm 2.8 Mark II; Canon RF 28-70 f/2; Canon 1.4x Extender Mark III;

Pondrader
"now I'm no rocket scientist but I do get a shot or two"
16,028 posts
Gallery: 2548 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Aug 2012

Jan 09, 2019 07:29 |  #2166

MakisM1 wrote in post #18787576 (external link)
An interesting interview with "Yoshiyuki Mizoguchi, Group Executive, ICB Products Group, Image Communication Business Operations at Canon Inc. Mizoguchi-san is the top product-planning executive within Canon, Inc. responsible for planning their camera offerings. "

https://www.imaging-resource.com …eos-r-do-they-have-a-plan (external link)

Confirms officially what some have been postulating about the future development of the EOS R system.

This was interesting... It confirm's to me that the R is what we are stuck with for a while.. Canon did say its an addition to your existing gear so its not surprise really that the higher level camera was not sitting in boxes waiting to ship.. " A dream I had " lol .....

So in the mean time we're making the best of it.... Exploring the details and snapping at what ever moves

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Jeff ........, 7D, 70-300L, 100-400LII
flickr (external link)

bbqkid8
302 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jan 09, 2019 07:53 |  #2167

Pondrader wrote in post #18787776 (external link)
This was interesting... It confirm's to me that the R is what we are stuck with for a while.. Canon did say its an addition to your existing gear so its not surprise really that the higher level camera was not sitting in boxes waiting to ship.. " A dream I had " lol .....

So in the mean time we're making the best of it.... Exploring the details and snapping at what ever moves
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Pondrader in
./showthread.php?p=187​87776&i=i136593841
forum: Canon EOS Digital Cameras

It was interesting how the author kept stating that he thinks the high-end EOS R will be out by the end of the year. Any predictions about price point based on the price of the EOS R?

I'll be out later today shooting my first basketball game with the EOS R. It's not a paid job or anything like that, but I'm interested to see how this "non-sports/action" camera will hold up. My only hesitation with going with the EOS R over the 5d4 was the FPS speed coming from the 7d2.

Brian,

randy98mtu
Goldmember
3,812 posts
Gallery: 352 photos
Joined Dec 2007

Jan 09, 2019 09:55 |  #2168

Anyone here try Gurushots? I just started playing around with it. Seems fun for now. Nice way to share, compete and get inspired without it being so much a "social media" site.

Canon EOS M6 Mark II - EOS R
Donate for Forum Costs

mdvaden
Goldmember
3,448 posts
Gallery: 94 photos
Joined Mar 2009
Post edited over 1 year ago by mdvaden. (4 edits in all)

Jan 09, 2019 09:57 |  #2169

Gel wrote in post #18787729 (external link)
I've just blogged a wedding shot with the EOS R:

Did you choose to backup JPGs via WiFi to your phone for that wedding, or just go with camera cards only from both cameras?

As far as the quality, composition and variety, they all look excellent. Two of the most interesting expressions are the man with the drink glass, and what appears to be a bridesmaid in one other where they are lifting the bride. There's enough detail to offer food for thought for others too like the makeup person who also becomes part of photo sets including her hands.

vadenphotography.com (external link) . . . and . . . Coast Redwoods Main Page (external link)

Pondrader
"now I'm no rocket scientist but I do get a shot or two"
16,028 posts
Gallery: 2548 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Aug 2012

Jan 09, 2019 11:28 |  #2170

I can't for the life of me figure out why folks put so much emphases on such a sad day... huge waist of money if your asking me lol

Loosing images of wildlife or landscape... now theres a tragedy.... I've been married to the best girl on the planet for 35 years... guess how many times I've knocked the dust off that box and gazed dreamily at those super expensive images  :p:-D:oops: NEVER... The ones we cherish are all the family crap ones we've taken since that day.

When people reference wedding pics as a tragedy I think to myself.... " HEY POTS LEGAL NOW AH" But that just me.... :p

Not a Squirrel

HOSTED PHOTO

Jeff ........, 7D, 70-300L, 100-400LII
flickr (external link)

mdvaden
Goldmember
3,448 posts
Gallery: 94 photos
Joined Mar 2009
Post edited over 1 year ago by mdvaden.

Jan 09, 2019 11:47 |  #2171

randy98mtu wrote in post #18787841 (external link)
Anyone here try Gurushots? I just started playing around with it. Seems fun for now. Nice way to share, compete and get inspired without it being so much a "social media" site.

I tinkered with it for several weeks. Mainly to guage what others see in my images, and it was good to make me realize to keep a few extra photos for variety.

But the site did a change over the course of a couple weeks. In the beginning, for some reason I gained more rewards faster and was one "Guru Award" shy of reaching the level beneath Guru in about 3 weeks of tinkering. But I noticed that at that point, it literally required an investment of money to continue whereas previous I didn't spend a dime. So there's no question the website is designed to make money from a good number of people who want to continue in the long run.

As for this EOS R topic, I find little to no relation. But for fun and inspiration, I think 500px has it beat by miles. Mainly because folks will throw whatever sticks at the wall sometimes on Gurushots. But on 500px, a greater proportion looks like a more selective thought process before sharing.

vadenphotography.com (external link) . . . and . . . Coast Redwoods Main Page (external link)

Gel
Goldmember
1,145 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Jan 09, 2019 13:03 |  #2172

mdvaden wrote in post #18787844 (external link)
Did you choose to backup JPGs via WiFi to your phone for that wedding, or just go with camera cards only from both cameras?

As far as the quality, composition and variety, they all look excellent. Two of the most interesting expressions are the man with the drink glass, and what appears to be a bridesmaid in one other where they are lifting the bride. There's enough detail to offer food for thought for others too like the makeup person who also becomes part of photo sets including her hands.

Thanks mdvaden

On this occassion I trusted the split between two bodies. I tried to do instant backup to my phone but I can't seem to get it to work. Ideally I would always do that as the phone is always in my pocket.

It's just getting it to do it. I'm currently considering getting a second R as 75% of all my photos are now taken with it and would like to split the load better.

Chris Giles Photography

squashed
Goldmember
4,199 posts
Gallery: 75 photos
Joined Oct 2006

Jan 09, 2019 14:47 |  #2173

Another Random landscape shot with the 16-35III . Thrilled with the focus with the ring adapter. Not used to having an adapter that actually works good.

HOSTED PHOTO

Done with Numbers. Own the X and the R
http://www.garyyoungph​otography.com (external link)

WilsonFlyer
809 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Mar 2011
Post edited over 1 year ago by WilsonFlyer. (2 edits in all)

Jan 09, 2019 16:24 as a reply to  @ squashed's post |  #2174

Canon NAILED that adapter (and they could and they knew they had to) and there's very little credit given for it. All my EFs and EF-Ss work as well or BETTER on the R than they do on any of my other Canon bodies.

I'm sure I'll buy some RF lenses over time as I commit further to the platform (and I am 100% committed to this platform), but right now, I have very little motivation or real incentive to start replacing anything I have. It's worth noting, I believe, that all of my glass is G1. I don't own any G2s or G3s aside from my two extenders.

Trvlr323
Goldmember
3,290 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Jan 09, 2019 16:29 |  #2175

WilsonFlyer wrote in post #18788088 (external link)
Canon NAILED that adapter (and they could and they knew they had to) and there's very little credit given for it. All my EFs and EF-Ss work as well or BETTER on the R than they do on any of my other Canon bodies.

I'm sure I'll buy some RF lenses over time as I commit further to the platform (and I am 100% committed to this platform), but right now, I have very little motivation or real incentive to start replacing anything I have. It's worth noting, I believe, that all of my glass is G1. I don't own any G2s or G3s aside from my two extenders.

They did better than that. The adapter just makes the connection. It’s actually the body that speaks both RF and EF. It has to be the best legacy support ever put into a camera.

Sometimes not taking a photograph can be as problematic as taking one. - Alex Webb

1,263,164 views & 20,212 likes for this thread
-= Canon EOS R owners unite! Post photos and discuss.
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.