Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 12 Nov 2018 (Monday) 15:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

On1 Photo RAW 2019 release

N2bnfunn
713 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 09, 2019 16:37 |  #16

Thanks I just got it.. looks good need to learn it now!

Canon EOS R EF 70-200 L 2.8 L 24-70 2.8L II Canon Pixma PRO-1 3 Canon 600EX-RT Speedlites

sponsored links
MCAsan
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,832 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jan 09, 2019 19:07 |  #17

There are tutorial videos at On1 and on Youtube.

N2bnfunn
713 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 10, 2019 13:36 |  #18

Don't know if this will replace PS but it does look good. I am not a LR user I hate that program I think this help take the place of LR for me.

Canon EOS R EF 70-200 L 2.8 L 24-70 2.8L II Canon Pixma PRO-1 3 Canon 600EX-RT Speedlites

N2bnfunn
713 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 10, 2019 15:40 as a reply to  @ MCAsan's post |  #19

Dude an update I try using this software most of today.. I do not like it... It is slower then PS and most then things when you compare it against PS it DOES NOT DO AS WELL of a job as PS.

Therefore I am have give this software thumbs down..(aka the finger)

MCAsan
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,832 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jan 10, 2019 16:43 |  #20

If you want a Ps replacement....Affinit​y Photo, Piixelmator or Pixelmator Pro.

ra40
852 posts
Gallery: 341 photos
Joined Jan 2013

Jan 10, 2019 18:48 |  #21

My main use has been like LR for RAW conversion and basic tweaks. The masks in here are reasonably good and that allows me to do some tasks that LR didn't. Both have strengths and areas to improve. LR is quicker in most respects so my editing time is longer for even basic stuffs. The export and print modules in LR are much better.

The focus stacking is clunky, I have yet to get a clean one. That is where the align and layers is nice opposed to my exporting a PSD or TIFF to work on in the editor. Going to take some dedicated time to get a good feel of this as with any different software. It is worth it for certain tasks that LR doesn't have built in and at $69 was nice.

MCAsan
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,832 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jan 14, 2019 08:02 |  #22

I am after On1 to support DCPs so we can reuse the DCPs from Adobe and ones we create ourselves with Color Checker or other tools. None of us need more generic camera profiles.

N2bnfunn
713 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 14, 2019 17:21 as a reply to  @ N2bnfunn's post |  #23

Update to my post I might have jumped the gun on this software. I did find this out that is you use PS has your engine and use On1 Photo as a plugin, it seems to work a lot much.
It is not as good as PS but I would give it like a 7.5 out of 10

sponsored links

3,167 views & 3 likes for this thread
On1 Photo RAW 2019 release
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.