Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 26 Jan 2019 (Saturday) 19:11
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Is the Godox X-PRO-C flash trigger too big?

marchboom
58 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jan 26, 2019 19:11 |  #1

I'm considering getting the Godox (Flashpoint) X-PRO-C flash trigger but it looks pretty big. The X1C trigger is much smaller and looks like it would make for a smaller overall package.

For those photographers who have used both, what do you prefer? Are the improvements in the X-PRO-C worth the extra size difference?

Thanks

sponsored links
jlafferty
259 posts
Joined Feb 2017

Jan 26, 2019 19:42 |  #2

It's absolutely worth the size difference. No question.

Current Portfolio (external link)

owenegan
300 posts
Joined Dec 2015

Jan 26, 2019 21:25 |  #3

There are some use cases where the X1C is preferable to the Xpro, but they are few. (BTW, the Xpro isn't as refined as the newer "Flashpoint R2 Pro MarkII", so I'd look at that one first)

No question, it's far easier to see and change settings on the XPro or MarkII, but if, for example, you were going to be changing flash settings never or infrequently on a shoot, the advantage of the Xpro are less obvious.

The X1C is smaller and allows for a speedlight on top. Its interface is clunky, but once you get to know it, it's easy to use.
The Xpro / Pro Mark II) is definitely easier to navigate, but doesn't have a shoe for an on-camera speedlight.

I carry one of each, which gives me backup as well as options.

Owen.

gonzogolf
dumb remark memorialized
29,290 posts
Gallery: 40 photos
Joined Dec 2006
Post edited over 1 year ago by gonzogolf.

Jan 26, 2019 22:58 |  #4

Not too big at all. Once you start shooting you won't notice it's there.

Lotto
Goldmember
2,747 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Jan 27, 2019 02:15 |  #5

The X1T is wilder, the Xpro is taller.

The X1T has the single pin mode and hot shoe, better for mix match different camera brand and trigger system. The Pro has lot more advance features.

When I use just one Godox light, either trigger will do the job. In studio using more than 3 lights, the Pro displays 5 groups on the screen, vs XIT just 3 groups.

Which one to buy today? The Xpro Mark II.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

5D, 24-105L, 70-200L IS, 85mm Art, Godox

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
37,376 posts
Gallery: 111 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002
Post edited 11 months ago by TeamSpeed.

Jan 27, 2019 06:48 |  #6

Godox needs to put that trigger on a pivot, like a couple of others that have come out since. They came out with an attachment to put the ProC upright, but I don't want to daisy chain them like that.

Also I don't think the ProC is really all that much larger than the X1Tc, they aren't that different in size overall.

I keep looking at the ProC II, but I am not sure having a bunch more hard buttons are any better than just getting to know the ProC I. If I didn't have any ProC, then I could definitely see getting the II.

If you are mixing wireless systems, or want a flash on the body, then the X1T is the way to go.

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

jlafferty
259 posts
Joined Feb 2017

Jan 27, 2019 09:10 as a reply to  @ TeamSpeed's post |  #7

Part of the appeal of the ProII for me isn’t the hard buttons, it’s the BT connectivity and phone app. You can make adjustments and record setups using your phone. I’d love to snapshot my ratios for future use and at the moment I’m literally taking 3-4 photos of my set, plus a photo of my XPro trigger’s settings :/

Current Portfolio (external link)

BB70Chevelle
396 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Jan 31, 2019 15:29 |  #8

The size of the xpro doesnt bother me at all on my m43 cameras so you should be fine with any canon body.

Panasonic G9, O12-40 F2.8 Pro, S56 F1.4, Godox V1, Godox XproO, Godox X2T-O, (2) Godox AD200, Godox AD600pro

marchboom
THREAD ­ STARTER
58 posts
Joined Dec 2005
Post edited 11 months ago by marchboom.

Feb 04, 2019 13:03 |  #9

Thanks to all who contributed. Your opinions mean a lot.

Lotto, thanks for posting the pic comparing the 2 models. Really helped.

Looks like I'll be going with the Xpro Mark II.

Lotto
Goldmember
2,747 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Feb 04, 2019 14:37 |  #10

The XPro II is bigger than the classic, but still much lighter and smaller than the on camera speedlight.

http://godox.blog …nsmitter-has-become-huge/ (external link)

5D, 24-105L, 70-200L IS, 85mm Art, Godox

RDKirk
Adorama says I'm "packed."
13,216 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined May 2004

Feb 14, 2019 15:47 |  #11

It's not too big, but it's big enough--just to accommodate the extra buttons--that there ought to be room for metering circuitry a la the Buff CyberCommander. There ought to be a small translucent dome on the front of it.

TANSTAAFL--The Only Unbreakable Rule in Photography

sponsored links

1,006 views & 2 likes for this thread
Is the Godox X-PRO-C flash trigger too big?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.