Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 04 Feb 2019 (Monday) 00:42
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

B&H Sent me a 15inch MacBook Pro for $97.20!

Choderboy
I Chimp, therefore I am
5,971 posts
Gallery: 121 photos
Joined Jul 2005

Feb 04, 2019 00:42 |  #1

What a bargain! Ordered a Better Beamer and a couple of quick release plates, total US$97.20 with shipping and received a MacBook Pro 15".
When I checked the person who bought the MacBook I see that their US county is my surname. Coincidence?

Dave
Image editing OK

sponsored links
joeseph
"smells like turd"
10,112 posts
Gallery: 140 photos
Joined Jan 2004

Feb 04, 2019 13:09 |  #2

could be worse, they might have sent you two MacBook Pros.... :lol:

some fairly old canon camera stuff, canon lenses, Manfrotto "thingy", 1D MK II converted for IR, and now an M5
TF posting: here :-)

Trvlr323
Goldmember
3,271 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Feb 04, 2019 13:39 |  #3

Didn't know there was a county named 'Lucky SOB'.

Sometimes not taking a photograph can be as problematic as taking one. - Alex Webb

Choderboy
THREAD ­ STARTER
I Chimp, therefore I am
5,971 posts
Joined Jul 2005
Post edited 8 months ago by Choderboy. (3 edits in all)

Feb 04, 2019 13:40 |  #4

Return instructions:
"Once the package has been scanned in by the carrier please let us know ass we can then have your order reshipped to you."

How about you just trust me and immediately send my $97.20 order? Please consider the fact I will now be waiting at home for the carrier.

Also, I do not appreciate you calling me ass. I'm Australian, please use our language: arse!

Dave
Image editing OK

john ­ crossley
Goldmember
2,660 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Feb 04, 2019 13:43 |  #5

Well if B&H had sent me a MacBook Pro in error I don't think I would brag about it on the world wide web.

Football is a very simple game. Twenty-two players chase a ball and Germany always win.

Choderboy
THREAD ­ STARTER
I Chimp, therefore I am
5,971 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Feb 04, 2019 13:51 |  #6

john crossley wrote in post #18804649 (external link)
Well if B&H had sent me a MacBook Pro in error I don't think I would brag about it on the world wide web.

The closest I have to an 'evil side' is having a bit of fun and not including the fact that I had already informed B&H of their error before making this thread. (as I did moments before your post) :-)

Dave
Image editing OK

N2bnfunn
713 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 04, 2019 13:59 |  #7

Now if the Price it right!! Come on down you are the new winner of the MacBook Pro...

Canon EOS R EF 70-200 L 2.8 L 24-70 2.8L II Canon Pixma PRO-1 3 Canon 600EX-RT Speedlites

Choderboy
THREAD ­ STARTER
I Chimp, therefore I am
5,971 posts
Joined Jul 2005
Post edited 8 months ago by Choderboy.

Feb 04, 2019 14:00 |  #8

Email to B&H:

Hi Paul,

Please consider the situation from my perspective. I paid B&H $97.20 for a small order and received a $2499 Laptop. I immediately contacted you on receiving the laptop.
Can you understand how I would expect your response to be that you would immediately re ship my order rather than me to have to contact you once the carrier has scanned the package I am returning?
Also include in your consideration that I am now waiting at home for the carrier.
The risk to B&H is that I keep both the laptop and receive my $97.20 order. I would have thought that was a reasonable risk to take in the interests of being fair to me.

Dave
Image editing OK

Choderboy
THREAD ­ STARTER
I Chimp, therefore I am
5,971 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Feb 04, 2019 14:22 |  #9

Response from B&H

Hello David
I am very sorry, unfortunately we cannot have your order reshipped until we see that this item has been scanned in and is therefore in transit to us.
We will have a Call Tag set up for you and once the carrier picks up and scans this package please let us know and we can then have this order reshipped to you.
Please let us know if you require any further assistance.
Thank you, we appreciate your business.

Dave
Image editing OK

Choderboy
THREAD ­ STARTER
I Chimp, therefore I am
5,971 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Feb 04, 2019 14:27 |  #10

Response I should send:

Hello Paul,
Actually it is you who requires my assistance. Specifically for me to wait at home, as I already mentioned, for the carrier, to collect your MacBook Pro which I did not sign for and is currently about 16000 klms from you and in another country.
This situation now reads as a Nigerian scam except it is real and I am not amused.
I have a new plan. Please send my order and when I receive it, I will return your MacBookPro.

Dave
Image editing OK

Choderboy
THREAD ­ STARTER
I Chimp, therefore I am
5,971 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Feb 04, 2019 14:32 |  #11

Response I have now sent:

Hello Paul,
Actually it is you who requires my assistance. Specifically for me to wait at home, as I already mentioned, for the carrier, to collect your MacBook Pro which I did not sign for and is currently about 16000 klms from you and in another country.This situation now reads as a Nigerian scam except it is real and I am not amused. I have a new plan. Please send my order and when I receive it, I will return your MacBookPro.
I am a member of a Photography forum and I am discussing my dissatisfaction regarding this matter here:
https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=18804677
I apologise for not remembering his name but there is a B&H representative who posts on that forum so please let him know and request he could respond in that thread I have linked.

Dave
Image editing OK

Trvlr323
Goldmember
3,271 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Feb 04, 2019 14:43 as a reply to  @ Choderboy's post |  #12

Dave - I think you have fallen upon one of the rare individuals who work for B&H who are of the belief that the best way to protect the interest of the company is to do so at the expense of protecting the interests of the client. I suspect if you request this matter be escalated to a supervisor (who are usually less prone to linear thinking) you'll get a more favourable response.

Sometimes not taking a photograph can be as problematic as taking one. - Alex Webb

Choderboy
THREAD ­ STARTER
I Chimp, therefore I am
5,971 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Feb 04, 2019 14:47 |  #13

nqjudo wrote in post #18804696 (external link)
Dave - I think you have fallen upon one of the rare individuals who work for B&H who are of the belief that the best way to protect the interest of the company is to do so at the expense of protecting the interests of the client. I suspect if you request this matter be escalated to a supervisor (who are usually less prone to linear thinking) you'll get a more favourable response.

You read my mind. My exact thought was "I believe this has now been escalated"

FFS! (For Fairness's Sake)

Dave
Image editing OK

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
36,997 posts
Gallery: 111 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002

Feb 04, 2019 14:49 |  #14

https://photography-on-the.net/forum/member.p​hp?m=17695

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: 2x Teleconverter
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
41,787 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Post edited 8 months ago by Wilt. (5 edits in all)

Feb 04, 2019 15:02 |  #15

You could advise them that you would really cause consternation at B&H by hanging on to their mistaken shipment, and immediately ordering the Better Beamer from their competitor (so that it is shipped immediately), and cancel your order for the Better Beamer from B&H after advising the credit card company about the 'dispute' which you have tried to directly and unsuccessfully resolve with B&H, since B&H is so uncooperative in handling this issue! And then see how they scramble to make things right, when it is clear to them that you are holding $2500 in their goods (which was never ordered by you) and have 'disputed' the $100 charged by B&H to your card for goods not yet shipped.

Not your fault, but you get to suffer for the error!

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

sponsored links

3,341 views & 62 likes for this thread
B&H Sent me a 15inch MacBook Pro for $97.20!
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.