Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 10 Oct 2018 (Wednesday) 10:05
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-= Canon EOS R owners unite! Post photos and discuss.

DigitalTuned
All these thoughts give me nightmares
4,738 posts
Gallery: 41 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Nov 2010
Post edited 8 months ago by DigitalTuned. (3 edits in all)

Feb 06, 2019 16:24 as a reply to  @ post 18806153 |  #2836

Lol.. Yeah I still have all my bodies and still use them.. I think this R may be the last for a while.. On top of that I was given 6 vintage film cameras as well.. I have been using two of them for now and the others are on display with my anime figure collection hahaha.. Too much man..

Isaac
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
facebook - (external link) - 500px (external link)

sponsored links
Dlee13
Goldmember
4,180 posts
Gallery: 613 photos
Joined Apr 2012

Feb 06, 2019 18:15 as a reply to  @ DigitalTuned's post |  #2837

Nothing wrong with a collection of them. I had a friend who had about 15 cameras in a display, most were film but he had quite a few digital too from Canon and Fuji.

Sony Alpha A7III - Sony FE 35mm f/1.8 - Sony FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro
Sony FE 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 16-35mm f4L IS -
Canon EOS M5 - Canon EF-M 32mm f/1.4 - Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 - Canon EF 11-22mm f/4-5.6 STM

Blog (external link) | Flickr (external link) | 500px (external link)

Choderboy
I Chimp, therefore I am
5,969 posts
Gallery: 121 photos
Joined Jul 2005

Feb 06, 2019 19:59 |  #2838

mhickman wrote in post #18805912 (external link)
Just out of curiosity for your workflow. Do you delete photos from the card, or format after getting them on your computer? I have this card as well (I got mine on 1/9) and only format it. The only time I've ever had a card failure was on my 6D when using MagicLantern and it would "format" the card by deleting all contents except for what it needed to keep. This happened about 3 times before I realized that was the issue.

By the way, this never happened on my 6D, which has one card slot, during heavy usage like a wedding or event, and the times it did, I put in a new card and moved on.

I'm not a formatter. Maybe once a year. I don't delete from camera either. Card goes in, then out to a card reader. Copy to PC then delete files from card.
I have never had a 'logical' card failure but I have had 2 physical failures of Lexar SD cards (case splits and card no longer works).

Years ago I would replace cards more often as they became larger and cheaper. I have used the same method of card use since around 2005. My 1D4 cards have been used like that for about 5 years.
7D2 went 2 years with the same cards (2 new cards bought with camera) without issue.

Dave
Image editing OK

LoneRider
Goldmember
2,259 posts
Gallery: 424 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 06, 2019 20:11 |  #2839

Near sunset last night

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Wayne...
~I don't suffer from gear ADD, I embrace and enjoy it...~
Canon EOS R, EOS 80D, Panasonic G9, GX9, and a bunch of glass...

Choderboy
I Chimp, therefore I am
5,969 posts
Gallery: 121 photos
Joined Jul 2005

Feb 06, 2019 20:20 |  #2840

umphotography wrote in post #18805887 (external link)
My point 1000%- glad it was not a card failure....what would you do if it was ??? Your screwed for paid work.

LOL. I thought to myself, if this is a card failure Mike's gunna wear out his keyboard. :-P
If it had of been a card failure it would have been perfect timing, during the first shots of the day and of one of the most common birds there are.

If I was using the R for paid work I would now be feeling a little nervous. Google does not find anyone else reporting Error 2 for the R.

Dave
Image editing OK

mdvaden
Goldmember
3,351 posts
Gallery: 82 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Feb 06, 2019 20:31 |  #2841

This camera enjoyable, I have no plans to sell if I acquire the next version in addition.

HOSTED PHOTO

vadenphotography.com (external link) . . . and . . . Coast Redwoods Main Page (external link)

LoneRider
Goldmember
2,259 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 06, 2019 20:37 |  #2842

Local camera store has a used R for $1900, I am tempted to get it as a back up....

Wayne...

LoneRider
Goldmember
2,259 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 06, 2019 23:45 |  #2843

More Junco’s in the backyard

HOSTED PHOTO
Photo from LoneRider's gallery.

HOSTED PHOTO

Wayne...

DigitalTuned
4,738 posts
Joined Nov 2010
Post edited 8 months ago by DigitalTuned. (2 edits in all)

Feb 07, 2019 12:33 |  #2844

mhickman wrote in post #18806049 (external link)
That is a cool shot! I've been looking to maybe get one. Is it darker when holding it, but not translating to the photo? Like the real moon, though the sky is darker, you can get away with a faster shutter speed, lowering the ISO and maybe upping the flash output for the red background to get it to pop more. I've seen other photos of them where the dark spots are more noticeable, so I'd try that before returning this one.

Dlee13 wrote in post #18806153 (external link)
Sounds good and I look forward to seeing what the new moon looks like! I agree that this cooler tone suits the moon more and seeing the blood red color would have been interesting too.

I have to say I found it funny when I seen you got this body as I remember when I had the 550D which feels like a lifetime ago and I've had 3 bodies since but you are still using the same ones up until now with the EOS R. It's impressive, I wish I wasn't consumed with GAS like you as I could save a lot of money haha

Here is the new one.. Its a bit smaller but you can see what i mean about the dark spots.. I recommend this one product link in here

https://www.amazon.com …00__o00_s00?ie=​UTF8&psc=1 (external link)

New looks to be a true 3d printed moon notice the print lines going across and mostly notable in the dark spots

IMAGE: http://i67.tinypic.com/erlmig.jpg

Old one seems to made by a mold (no print lines)
IMAGE: http://i68.tinypic.com/162a5g9.jpg

Ill try to take a shot with the R tonight

Isaac
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln

LoneRider
Goldmember
2,259 posts
Joined Dec 2010
Post edited 8 months ago by LoneRider. (3 edits in all)

Feb 07, 2019 17:22 |  #2845

Backyard Bird Day...

My first Humming Bird ever!

HOSTED PHOTO

Meanwhile Red Wing Blackbirds (originally misidentified as Starling) are out in force

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Dark Eyed Junco

HOSTED PHOTO

And a Dove

HOSTED PHOTO

Wayne...

randy98mtu
Goldmember
3,682 posts
Gallery: 340 photos
Joined Dec 2007

Feb 07, 2019 18:58 |  #2846

I'm about to take the R on my first vacation. Vacation photography is one of my favorite times for photography. Nothing terribly exciting location wise on this trip - we've been to all these ports in the Caribbean before. I'm thinking 16-35, 24-105 and 100-400 and either the RF 35 or the M6+22mm. I can't see bringing the 28-70 over the 24-105 or a 70-200 over the 100-400. Can't wait for the trip!!!

Canon EOS M6 Mark II - EOS R
Donate for Forum Costs

bbqkid8
298 posts
Gallery: 52 photos
Joined Jul 2008

Feb 07, 2019 19:44 |  #2847

randy98mtu wrote in post #18806818 (external link)
I'm about to take the R on my first vacation. Vacation photography is one of my favorite times for photography. Nothing terribly exciting location wise on this trip - we've been to all these ports in the Caribbean before. I'm thinking 16-35, 24-105 and 100-400 and either the RF 35 or the M6+22mm. I can't see bringing the 28-70 over the 24-105 or a 70-200 over the 100-400. Can't wait for the trip!!!

Enjoy! Can’t wait to see the pics.

Brian,
Canon EOS R; Canon 500mm f/4 Mark II; Canon 100-400mm f/4-5.6 Mark II; Canon 70-200mm 2.8 Mark II; Canon RF 28-70 f/2; Canon 1.4x Extender Mark III;
https://www.brianbaqui​al.com (external link)
Instagram (external link)

LoneRider
Goldmember
2,259 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 07, 2019 21:23 |  #2848

randy98mtu wrote in post #18806818 (external link)

We are going to Hawaii in a couple months, looking forward to taking the R as well. I’m thinking I might have the Tamron 15-30mm f2.8 by then. If not, it will be the EF 11-24 F4L, the RF 24-105mm, and probably the 100-400mm and a TC. Will see how well it does Milky Way...

Wayne...

DigitalTuned
4,738 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Feb 08, 2019 01:31 |  #2849

Ok so i am very happy with the new moon.. I had my wife play with it as i took shots i will be using this in future shoots

IMAGE: http://i65.tinypic.com/30napdy.jpg

IMAGE: http://i65.tinypic.com/2mcilh5.jpg

IMAGE: http://i65.tinypic.com/166c8b9.jpg

IMAGE: http://i65.tinypic.com/359y1l0.jpg

IMAGE: http://i64.tinypic.com/2hxliqh.jpg

IMAGE: http://i67.tinypic.com/2lw88yq.jpg

Isaac
Abraham Lincoln

DigitalTuned
4,738 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Feb 08, 2019 15:41 |  #2850

I just had a noob moment.. I just found out you can change the ISO (and other things) right off the M.Fn button above the shutter release lmao. All these settings are just a click away and not a touch and swipe away. The more I use this camera the more I feel its more mapped out like the 550d. The 550d has a dedicated ISO button almost in the same area. This makes the touch bar in the back of the R much more useless for me. Idk what to set the touch bar with that is useful for me.. Damn it

Isaac
Abraham Lincoln

sponsored links

768,309 views & 12,881 likes for this thread
-= Canon EOS R owners unite! Post photos and discuss.
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.