Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 16 Feb 2019 (Saturday) 14:31
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

RAVPower LP-E6/LP-E6N two batteries + charger

NDAPhoto
340 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2015
Post edited over 1 year ago by NDAPhoto. (3 edits in all)

Feb 16, 2019 14:31 |  #1

Saw this posted on another site and seems like an insane deal, but with the caveat that I have not tried them myself yet. It is a dual charger plus two LP-E6N compatible 2000mAh batteries for $18.59. Use code JUSFGJYK at Amazon checkout. There is also currently a 5% off coupon in the listing if you check the box.

https://www.amazon.com …_r_cp_api_i_oRg​ACbEHTCE27 (external link)

Cautiously optimistic this may be good since I have owned other electronic products by RAVPower or TaoTronics. Only 11 reviews shown and one claims the dual charger will work with original Canon batteries. The other reason I am interested is because it will charge from USB using an external power bank. Always wished for that capability.

I have used SterlingTEK batteries in the past without major issues. So, for $20 this is hard to ignore. Will test thoroughly before using for critical assignments.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)
John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
10,045 posts
Joined May 2003
Post edited over 1 year ago by John from PA.

Feb 16, 2019 14:47 |  #2

NDAPhoto wrote in post #18812337 (external link)
Saw this posted on another site and seems like an insane deal, but with the caveat that I have not tried them myself yet.

Apparently the insane part is the source for power is 5 vdc USB port, not 115 vac as we normally would charge something. Sop plugging this into something like an iPad charge might take a considerable amount of charging time, especially with two batteries.

Just get the Wasabi or STK with a double 115 vac charge and you are ahead of the game. Check this, https://www.amazon.com …ywords=wasabi+l​p-e6&psc=1 (external link), for an extra $3. If portability is your thing, it has a plug for charging off the car accessory outlet.

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
51,096 posts
Gallery: 184 photos
Joined Apr 2003

Feb 16, 2019 14:49 |  #3

In the hopes that the next EOS R model continues to use this battery, and the fact that most bodies I own do as well,. I'll give it a shot!
Thanks.

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
51,096 posts
Gallery: 184 photos
Joined Apr 2003
Post edited over 1 year ago by CyberDyneSystems.

Feb 16, 2019 14:51 |  #4

John from PA wrote in post #18812344 (external link)
Apparently the insane part is the source for power is 5 vdc USB port, not 115 vac as we normally would charge something. Sop plugging this into something like an iPad charge might take a considerable amount of charging time, especially with two batteries.

Just get the Wasabi or STK with a double 115 vac charge and you are ahead of the game.

I have another brand charger that uses USB, offers real time charging status (unlike canon chargers) and takes no longer than an AC unit. The AC unot's take your household 115 and convert it to a low volt DC before using that to charge the battery.

https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1480314

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
43,041 posts
Joined Aug 2005
Post edited over 1 year ago by Wilt. (2 edits in all)

Feb 16, 2019 15:07 as a reply to  @ CyberDyneSystems's post |  #5

Jake, about how much time do you need to allow to charge a rather depleted single battery using your USB charger?

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

NDAPhoto
THREAD ­ STARTER
340 posts
Joined Jul 2015
Post edited over 1 year ago by NDAPhoto. (5 edits in all)

Feb 16, 2019 16:04 |  #6

John from PA wrote in post #18812344 (external link)
Apparently the insane part is the source for power is 5 vdc USB port...
Just get the Wasabi or STK with a double 115 vac charge and you are ahead of the game. Check this, https://www.amazon.com …ywords=wasabi+l​p-e6&psc=1 (external link), for an extra $3. If portability is your thing, it has a plug for charging off the car accessory outlet.

These batteries charge normally from AC. A car adapter may come in handy like all the others in my drawer, but not on a 6-hour flight or in the field for several days. With this charger, it states 4.5 hours to charge BOTH batteries using USB. Do you know why an external powerbank is handy?

FYI, STK = SterlingTEK

equetefue
Goldmember
1,534 posts
Gallery: 182 photos
Joined Jun 2006

Feb 16, 2019 19:53 |  #7

What happens when you chose to use a non Canon branded battery? I see on amazon pictures of cameras displaying a message that the battery is not technically supported, risk, blah blah blah.

Does it void the warranty ?

http://www.Photo-Galleria.com (external link)