Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 10 Oct 2018 (Wednesday) 10:05
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-= Canon EOS R owners unite! Post photos and discuss.

A1original
Goldmember
2,085 posts
Gallery: 97 photos
Joined Jan 2013

Mar 03, 2019 10:47 |  #3271

Wow, just received my R last night and I've been trying to rap my head around all the new stuff. I do like being able to see the resulting picture before I release the shutter. I think I'm going to like this camera.
A lot of new stuff to learn so I haven't got any pictures to post yet. ;-)a

Canon EOS R|Canon RF 24-105L|Canon 6D griped|Canon 7D II griped| Canon 7D griped| and a bunch of Canon L lenses
https//www.flickr.com/photos/​iseiler (external link) Ira “No one here gets out alive”

sponsored links
squashed
Goldmember
4,112 posts
Gallery: 68 photos
Joined Oct 2006

Mar 03, 2019 11:28 |  #3272

Woke up to blue skies this morning. 5 shot pano time.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Done with Numbers. Own the X and the R
http://www.garyyoungph​otography.com (external link)

Pondrader
"now I'm no rocket scientist but I do get a shot or two"
16,028 posts
Gallery: 2548 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Aug 2012

Mar 03, 2019 11:54 |  #3273

A1original wrote in post #18822105 (external link)
Wow, just received my R last night and I've been trying to rap my head around all the new stuff. I do like being able to see the resulting picture before I release the shutter. I think I'm going to like this camera.
A lot of new stuff to learn so I haven't got any pictures to post yet. ;-)a

like all cameras these days it's going to be a love hate thing… There's three ways to do everything in this camera. Setting it up your way is the hardest part.
In the end I do everything with my index finger and my thumb and in close proximity. its fast and accurate. I wish the money was never wasted on a ring adapter.. The ND filters would be a welcome addition to video and stills though. Good luck A1… You've now joined the most hated camera group on the planet….

Jeff ........, 7D, 70-300L, 100-400LII
flickr (external link)

A1original
Goldmember
2,085 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Mar 03, 2019 12:09 |  #3274

Pondrader wrote in post #18822125 (external link)
like all cameras these days it's going to be a love hate thing… There's three ways to do everything in this camera. Setting it up your way is the hardest part.
In the end I do everything with my index finger and my thumb and in close proximity. its fast and accurate. I wish the money was never wasted on a ring adapter.. The ND filters would be a welcome addition to video and stills though. Good luck A1… You've now joined the most hated camera group on the planet….

Boy, I'm slowly finding the set up. So far I like it a lot.
It's going to take a short time to get use to the focus with the thumb, but I'm well on my way to customizing this thing.

HOSTED PHOTO

Canon EOS R|Canon RF 24-105L|Canon 6D griped|Canon 7D II griped| Canon 7D griped| and a bunch of Canon L lenses
https//www.flickr.com/photos/​iseiler (external link) Ira “No one here gets out alive”

DigitalTuned
All these thoughts give me nightmares
4,686 posts
Gallery: 41 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Nov 2010

Mar 03, 2019 12:46 as a reply to  @ post 18822006 |  #3275

I am hoping they can fix this with a FW update. Maybe if many of us complain to them directly. It's probably just a small tweek for all i know. I do aknowledge what recovering shadows will give you some sort of banding but non of my my other cameras show it this way, not even my 550d, usually its more across the entire frame and not like there is something going worng while the camera is recording the image. I am going to take some jpeg shots today to see if this is an issue occurring while in RAW only. I need to rule that's out

Isaac
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
facebook - (external link) - 500px (external link)

Pondrader
"now I'm no rocket scientist but I do get a shot or two"
16,028 posts
Gallery: 2548 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Aug 2012
Post edited 5 months ago by Pondrader.

Mar 03, 2019 12:51 |  #3276

A1original wrote in post #18822132 (external link)
Boy, I'm slowly finding the set up. So far I like it a lot.
It's going to take a short time to get use to the focus with the thumb, but I'm well on my way to customizing this thing.

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by A1original in
./showthread.php?p=188​22132&i=i71048861
forum: Canon EOS Digital Cameras

I tried to BBF with this camera as I have always done but gave it up and have gone back to shutter button AF for the most part.. Its a journey thats for sure.
I would say its like learning to use a camera all over again… those that want it to be just like the Dsl are disappointed… If you make the jump and embrace it you will have a much better time with the mirrorless world. I turned off any preview at all which of course gives you a much smoother experience in the EVF.
I figure I already know what I took .. don't need it getting in my way. The EVF benefit.

HOSTED PHOTO

Jeff ........, 7D, 70-300L, 100-400LII
flickr (external link)

LonelyBoy
Goldmember
1,474 posts
Gallery: 83 photos
Joined Oct 2014

Mar 03, 2019 14:05 |  #3277

DigitalTuned wrote in post #18822152 (external link)
I am hoping they can fix this with a FW update. Maybe if many of us complain to them directly. It's probably just a small tweek for all i know. I do aknowledge what recovering shadows will give you some sort of banding but non of my my other cameras show it this way, not even my 550d, usually its more across the entire frame and not like there is something going worng while the camera is recording the image. I am going to take some jpeg shots today to see if this is an issue occurring while in RAW only. I need to rule that's out

I really think it’s electrical noise from additional readout circuitry to get enough bandwidth for the EVF, and that hoping for a firmware fix is like hoping for a firmware fix to get a Corvette another 10mpg.

https://www.flickr.com​/photos/127590681@N03/ (external link)
I love a like, but feedback (including CC) is even better!

Detroitable
34 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jan 2019

Mar 03, 2019 14:48 |  #3278

Couple pics of my mom today.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

A1original
Goldmember
2,085 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Mar 03, 2019 15:32 |  #3279

Pondrader wrote in post #18822155 (external link)
I tried to BBF with this camera as I have always done but gave it up and have gone back to shutter button AF for the most part.. Its a journey thats for sure.
I would say its like learning to use a camera all over again… those that want it to be just like the Dsl are disappointed… If you make the jump and embrace it you will have a much better time with the mirrorless world. I turned off any preview at all which of course gives you a much smoother experience in the EVF.
I figure I already know what I took .. don't need it getting in my way. The EVF benefit.
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Pondrader in
./showthread.php?p=188​22155&i=i157015275

Jeff, I haven't tried BBF on this body. In the first place, the button feels like it is in an awkward position and with my thumb on the screen for focus points my index finger just lays natural on the shutter button.
I have NO problem trying something new and came into this body with an open mind. So far I really like it and I never even had a chance to try it out before I jumped in. And that came from yours, and others on this forum, comments and experiences with the camera.
Hope to see a lot more pictures. ;-)a

ozziepuppy
Goldmember
3,275 posts
Gallery: 199 photos
Joined Aug 2008

Mar 03, 2019 16:12 |  #3280

I have not seen any lens hoods for the RF lenses. Just wondering if they are available or not.

Marci
Constructive criticism always appreciated.
Gear
Pre-2018 Feedback :)

LoneRider
Goldmember
2,174 posts
Gallery: 411 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 03, 2019 16:28 as a reply to  @ ozziepuppy's post |  #3281

The L glass comes with hoods. The 35mm f1.8 has one but, like usual canon charges an arm and half leg for it.

I am using a metal lens hood on my RF 35mm I picked up from Amazon for $7:

https://www.amazon.com …_asin_title?ie=​UTF8&psc=1 (external link)

Wayne...
~I don't suffer from gear ADD, I embrace and enjoy it...~
Cano EOS R, EOS 80D, Panasonic G9, GX9, and a bunch of glass...

bbqkid8
298 posts
Gallery: 52 photos
Joined Jul 2008

Mar 03, 2019 16:42 |  #3282

LoneRider wrote in post #18822281 (external link)
The L glass comes with hoods. The 35mm f1.8 has one but, like usual canon charges an arm and half leg for it.

I am using a metal lens hood on my RF 35mm I picked up from Amazon for $7:

https://www.amazon.com …_asin_title?ie=​UTF8&psc=1 (external link)

Yep. My RF 28-70 came with its own hood.

Brian,
Canon EOS R; Canon 500mm f/4 Mark II; Canon 100-400mm f/4-5.6 Mark II; Canon 70-200mm 2.8 Mark II; Canon RF 28-70 f/2; Canon 1.4x Extender Mark III;
https://www.brianbaqui​al.com (external link)
Instagram (external link)

DigitalTuned
All these thoughts give me nightmares
4,686 posts
Gallery: 41 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Nov 2010
Post edited 5 months ago by DigitalTuned.

Mar 03, 2019 17:15 |  #3283

Some shots at the cold beach.. Sorry for the edit.. i am experimenting with color grading

IMAGE: http://i63.tinypic.com/sxobc5.jpg

IMAGE: http://i65.tinypic.com/2v30tux.jpg

IMAGE: http://i66.tinypic.com/2djdm9v.jpg

Isaac
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
facebook - (external link) - 500px (external link)

ElTigreBlanco
564 posts
Gallery: 25 photos
Joined Apr 2009

Mar 03, 2019 20:03 |  #3284

Here's one from our road trip, the redwoods are crazy! I used the app to trigger, a Lumecube Air to brighten up our faces, and edited the jpeg from LR mobile.

HOSTED PHOTO

I like to shoot things...sometimes with a camera!

mdvaden
Goldmember
3,143 posts
Gallery: 68 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Mar 04, 2019 01:29 |  #3285

ElTigreBlanco wrote in post #18822388 (external link)
Here's one from our road trip, the redwoods are crazy! I used the app to trigger, a Lumecube Air to brighten up our faces, and edited the jpeg from LR mobile.
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by ElTigreBlanco in
./showthread.php?p=188​22388&i=i222320663

Just did wedding photos in the redwoods today for a couple from back east. The bride happens to be a Certified Arborist, as well as as myself. This is the "Church Tree" coast redwood with a 21 foot wide room inside, which has a 43 foot tall vaulted ceiling. I used a silver umbrella and light to use the charcoal's reflective surface as a massive softbox.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

vadenphotography.com (external link) . . . and . . . Coast Redwoods Main Page (external link)

sponsored links

628,426 views & 11,107 likes for this thread
-= Canon EOS R owners unite! Post photos and discuss.
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.