Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 18 Jan 2019 (Friday) 10:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Need business cards with color edge

firme
293 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Jan 18, 2019 10:00 |  #1

Hello everyone,

I have printed standard business cards at local printer for some time, but now I want to "upgrade" my business card prints. Have been wanting to print cards with color edges. I have searched online, just trying to see if there are other companies you guys use that offer better prices as I see they are not cheap. Not expecting dirt cheap, but someone out there might offer better prices than what I found online. I went to Vista Print, but they don't offer that.

I am actually creating a "gift bag" when delivering work this year. Although not original, something new for me. Printing different print materials will eventually add up, which is why looking for good prices on those business cards. Want to see how that goes. Thanks in advanced.

sponsored links
gonzogolf
dumb remark memorialized
29,246 posts
Gallery: 40 photos
Joined Dec 2006

Jan 18, 2019 11:15 |  #2

Can you describe what you mean by color edges? Plenty of places will let you do your design and or I t right to the edge of the cut paper.

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
Combating camera shame since 1977...
9,897 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Joined Jun 2011
Post edited 10 months ago by Left Handed Brisket.

Jan 18, 2019 11:32 |  #3

It's a heavy colored card stock that is laminated with a printable surface. The card stock shows on the edge.

Moo does them.

I haven't bought them, don't like super thick cards because I can only carry a few without it being a pain in the butt.

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Not in gear database: Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 3x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

paintedlotus
377 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined May 2008
Post edited 10 months ago by paintedlotus.

Jan 18, 2019 12:52 |  #4

I've ordered the Luxe cards with a color edge from Moo, and I really like them. This is a crappy pic taken with my phone on my dirty desk under terrible office lighting, but it shows the effect of the color edge.

*edited to add: Taken as a stack, the color edge is visible. Taken individually, you really don't notice it so much. So on one hand, I'm glad I did this experiment to see if I like it; but I'm not sure that I'd order it again, just because it's (IMO) a somewhat unnecessary expense. I only order cards about 50 to 100 at a time though because I like to change out my photos.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Website (external link)

beauty, fashion, model tests, portraits

firme
THREAD ­ STARTER
293 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Jan 18, 2019 13:33 |  #5

Yes, those are the ones I am interested in printing. I am only doing a small quantity. Other sites do something similar but not in the color I want (light blue). I will check Moo for pricing. I do print standard business cards, just as mentioned trying a "gift bag" package when i deliver photo albums. I have a small thank you card, follow me card. Trying to add more items to it as well. Small quantities so not very expensive.

firme
THREAD ­ STARTER
293 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Jan 18, 2019 13:57 |  #6

Paintedlotus,

If you still have some left, can you take a picture of one? I agree a bit pricey as I too and not wanting to do a lot either.

paintedlotus
377 posts
Best ofs: 1
Joined May 2008

Jan 24, 2019 16:01 as a reply to  @ firme's post |  #7

Sure! here you go. It's hard to get a picture of just one; it's more visible in person.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Website (external link)

beauty, fashion, model tests, portraits

mathogre
Goldmember
3,618 posts
Gallery: 108 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Mar 2009
Post edited 10 months ago by mathogre.

Jan 24, 2019 21:09 |  #8

I love Moo Luxe cards. While I've used business cards I've printed myself with Avery business card stock (utilitarian but effective), the Moo Luxe cards are beautiful. I love people's expressions when they see them, along with the accompanying front and back photos.

There was one time I did a shoot at a Mother-Daughter Girl Scout Tea, and included a business card with each package. What was cool with that was each card had a photo of the respective Mom and Daughter. You can do that with Moo! These are business cards none of these people are likely to ever throw away.

These aren't your casual hand-to-anyone business card. These are the ones you give to people when you want to show you really care about your work.

I have no financial interest in Moo. I just love their cards, and have had good service from them over the years.

UPDATE:

Here's one of my card cases from Moo with cards.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Graham
Canon A BIG ONE A Small One An itty bitty one
My Zenfolio Collection (external link)

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
9,377 posts
Joined May 2003

Jan 24, 2019 21:18 |  #9

Consider https://4colorprint.co​m …lored-Edge-Business-Cards (external link). Decent work, downside is minimum 250 for $85.

firme
THREAD ­ STARTER
293 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Jan 25, 2019 20:55 |  #10

Paintedlotus, thanks for the pictures.

John from PA, I did come across that website. I have been looking at sites that offer these cards. Found a couple of sites.

Mathogre, digging the hard cases. That is pretty awesome one can print different pictures. Seems like a nice option to have. I do have some pictures I would like to print as what you showed. First have to check what pricing is to do so and decide how to determine what best pictures to do so as planning on printing for a different purpose.

RDKirk
Adorama says I'm "packed."
13,135 posts
Joined May 2004
Post edited 8 months ago by RDKirk.

Mar 13, 2019 09:37 |  #11

I gotta give props to MOO.

As others have mentioned, I like the luxury cards.

I like that you can submit different photographs in an order.

I like the hard case. I agree that these are not "toss out anywhere" cards. These are cards you present to someone you've 90% sold on your services. I present several different cards and let the prospect choose the one she wants. Or maybe more than one.

Also, this happened to me once with MOO:

I had made a mistake in how I set up the order, which I noticed when I opened the package. Dang. My bad.

The same day the package arrived, I got a call from MOO. They had also noticed the problem, but had failed to stop the shipment before calling me for a correction first. So they had already sent out a corrected shipment.

TANSTAAFL--The Only Unbreakable Rule in Photography

sponsored links

1,089 views & 7 likes for this thread
Need business cards with color edge
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.