Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 07 Oct 2010 (Thursday) 02:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

GKPE 8, Yet more NZ ramblings from some flightless Kiwis.

itsallart
Cream of the Crop
10,840 posts
Gallery: 1069 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Jan 2015

Mar 17, 2019 20:10 |  #9376

kiwichris wrote in post #18830464 (external link)
I have just had an older woman, older than me so must be ancient, get really wild upset when my answer to her "We are surrounded by Muslims", was "So Bloody What?"

I assume she never studied what Christians did in the name of God. I just visited Oklahoma City and saw the bombing memorial . Timothy McVeigh was responsible for taking 168 lives and injuring over 600...he was raised Roman Catholic...sic!
When I saw the memorial, my heart sank! 168 chairs symbolizing the lost lives and a pano of the OKC memorial (Oklahoma City on that day at 9:01 AM and 9:03 AM when the bombs detonated)

That women must have been very uneducated...I feel sorry for her, Chris.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

Renata
Seeing lights and shadows is an art :)
Renata Sharman (external link)Tanami Muse (external link)
500px (external link)
Etsy Store (external link)

sponsored links
kiwichris
I forget how I didded that!
3,580 posts
Gallery: 190 photos
Joined Oct 2008
Post edited over 1 year ago by kiwichris.

Mar 18, 2019 01:34 |  #9377

itsallart wrote in post #18830488 (external link)
I assume she never studied what Christians did in the name of God. I just visited Oklahoma City and saw the bombing memorial . Timothy McVeigh was responsible for taking 168 lives and injuring over 600...he was raised Roman Catholic...sic!
When I saw the memorial, my heart sank! 168 chairs symbolizing the lost lives and a pano of the OKC memorial (Oklahoma City on that day at 9:01 AM and 9:03 AM when the bombs detonated)

That women must have been very uneducated...I feel sorry for her, Chris.
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by itsallart in
./showthread.php?p=188​30488&i=i160505855
forum: The Lounge

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by itsallart in
./showthread.php?p=188​30488&i=i188446216
forum: The Lounge

Nice set. As for the subject... um... she is Christian spends most of her life in the op shop and at church and washing the linens etc. By no means uneducated and also has lived in UK and USA but is a typical fussy strutty blonde whose head is used mainly to stop the shoulders floating away. Nice work there Renata, puts my modest attempts to shame.

Panasonic Lumix G9 and lenses from 7mm wide to 300mm long.
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/chriswaynzpics/ (external link)

joeseph
"smells like turd"
10,452 posts
Gallery: 163 photos
Joined Jan 2004

Mar 18, 2019 04:18 |  #9378

Club Med: Picton

HOSTED PHOTO

some fairly old canon camera stuff, canon lenses, Manfrotto "thingy", 1D MK II (broken), and now an M5
TF posting: here :-)

Choderboy
I Chimp, therefore I am
6,340 posts
Gallery: 128 photos
Joined Jul 2005

Mar 18, 2019 07:49 |  #9379

Amazing to watch both Kiwi PM and the public respond to this horrible event in such a thoughtful and respectful way.

Dave
Image editing OK

joeseph
"smells like turd"
10,452 posts
Gallery: 163 photos
Joined Jan 2004

Mar 18, 2019 12:56 |  #9380

Choderboy wrote in post #18830697 (external link)
Amazing to watch both Kiwi PM and the public respond to this horrible event in such a thoughtful and respectful way.

cheers Dave - great to see some fine Australian eggs being put to good use over your way too....

some fairly old canon camera stuff, canon lenses, Manfrotto "thingy", 1D MK II (broken), and now an M5
TF posting: here :-)

scotttnz
"tick, tick, tick, tick......"
3,923 posts
Gallery: 80 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined May 2005

Mar 18, 2019 14:19 |  #9381

Choderboy wrote in post #18830697 (external link)

There will rightfully be questions asked about how this tragedy was able to happen, but it would be hard to argue that the response has been anything but outstanding. From the police and other first responders, medical staff, the PM and other politicians, down to every day kiwis sending love and money to help those effected. It gives me a little bit of hope for humanity.

Ex CANON 5D owner - defected to m4/3
Bodies: Panasonic G9|GX85 DJI Mavic Pro
Zooms: Panasonic 7-14 f4|12-35 f2.8|35-100 f2.8|100-300 II f4-5.6|14-140 f3.5-5.6
Primes: Panasonic Leica 15 f1.7|25 f1.4|42.5 f1.2 Olympus 60 f2.8 Macro

weka2000
Is that a 300mm in your pocket?
20,905 posts
Gallery: 66 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Sep 2005
Post edited over 1 year ago by weka2000. (2 edits in all)

Mar 18, 2019 15:10 |  #9382

I think people need to take a good hard look inward based on their political/religious views …...every group says every one else is wrong. Christians ….how many dam branches are there and each group says others are wrong and going to hell. Muslims have 2 major groups and look at the infighting there ….entire country's. Brother against brother etc ……….yes my degree is in theology.

Then there is the Jews ………. Now the one thing they all have in common is they all state they came from same "father" and the other thing they all claim is "we come in peace"

The answer is simple RESPECT & ACCEPTANCE …...look I don't have to agree with your views/beliefs/politica​l agenda …….. but you have the same rights as me, no one is better than any one else.
I respect your views and accept them because its your right but I expect you accept and respect my views.

Nothing will change because people and their arrogance and superiority views wont change …….. everyone has been wronged by someone else, everyone is a victim and perpetrator no one is innocent.

https://500px.com/tony​searle/galleries (external link)

itsallart
Cream of the Crop
10,840 posts
Gallery: 1069 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Jan 2015

Mar 18, 2019 15:14 |  #9383

weka2000 wrote in post #18830923 (external link)
I think people need to take a good hard look inward based on their political/religious views …...every group says every one else is wrong. Christians ….how many dam branches are there and each group says others are wrong and going to hell. Muslims have 2 major groups and look at the infighting there ….entire country's. Brother against brother etc ……….yes my degree is in theology.

Then there is the Jews ………. Now the one thing they all have in common is they all state they came from same "father" and the other thing they all claim is "we come in peace"

The answer is simple RESPECT & ACCEPTANCE …...look I don't have to agree with your views/beliefs/politica​l agenda …….. but you have the same rights as me, no one is better than any one else.
I respect your views and accept them because its your right but I expect you accept and respect my views.

Nothing will change because people and their arrogance and superiority views wont change …….. everyone has been wronged by someone else, everyone is a victim and perpetrator no one is innocent.

Respect and acceptance, indeed.

Renata
Seeing lights and shadows is an art :)
Renata Sharman (external link)Tanami Muse (external link)
500px (external link)
Etsy Store (external link)

scotttnz
3,923 posts
Joined May 2005

Mar 18, 2019 15:41 |  #9384

weka2000 wrote in post #18830923 (external link)

I guess I have a little more hope for change. I hope that the tragedy will cause all kiwis to examine themselves and their own attitudes to others, and I hope that leads to more respect and acceptance for everyone. I know I have spent some time looking in the mirror since Friday.

Zooms: Panasonic 7-14 f4|12-35 f2.8|35-100 f2.8|100-300 II f4-5.6|14-140 f3.5-5.6

weka2000
20,905 posts
Joined Sep 2005
Post edited over 1 year ago by weka2000.

Mar 18, 2019 16:06 |  #9385

We are all a product of our up bringing …..our parents views affect us ……. schooling effects us, were we the bully or the one bullied?

300 yrs ago one nation changes the entire world, esp the south pacific. They brought what they considered "civilisation" to the indigenous peoples and we wonder why the off spring of the indigenous peoples have their views. Mean while another nation is formed from the outcasts and in short time have a war to seek independence from the mother land and would latter go on to be one of the biggest importer of slaves in the world.

In the 1914 we have start of a war and then again in 1939 ………. in both cases 1 man and his views ropes the entire world in to a blood bath, how many wars do we have at the moment because of peoples superiority views of themselves and what they believe.

People then react and they become extremists they gain a following …… "birds of a feather flock together" Cause and effect.

Don't know about you "older" guys but the young people don't get it, so quick to pick a side with out answering the fundamental question ………… "why" why are we right and the other side wrong, why are our views and beliefs better. Isn't this why every 3 years we have elections we may not agree with who gets in but we had a say ...no blood spilt.

50 innocent people died they were doing what the were doing, causing no one else any issue ……… why cant people just accept that not everyone is the same as them, why do they have to make it an issue …..that's how wars start.

weka hops of his soap box …….

scotttnz
3,923 posts
Joined May 2005

Mar 18, 2019 16:31 |  #9386

weka2000 wrote in post #18830955 (external link)
Don't know about you "older" guys but the young people don't get it, so quick to pick a side with out answering the fundamental question ………… "why" why are we right and the other side wrong, why are our views and beliefs better. Isn't this why every 3 years we have elections we may not agree with who gets in but we had a say ...no blood spilt.

50 innocent people died they were doing what the were doing, causing no one else any issue ……… why cant people just accept that not everyone is the same as them, why do they have to make it an issue …..that's how wars start.

Well said Tony. No need to get down from that soap box.

kiwichris
I forget how I didded that!
3,580 posts
Gallery: 190 photos
Joined Oct 2008

Mar 18, 2019 20:48 |  #9387

weka2000 wrote in post #18830955 (external link)
We are all a product of our up bringing …..our parents views affect us ……. schooling effects us, were we the bully or the one bullied?

300 yrs ago one nation changes the entire world, esp the south pacific. They brought what they considered "civilisation" to the indigenous peoples and we wonder why the off spring of the indigenous peoples have their views. Mean while another nation is formed from the outcasts and in short time have a war to seek independence from the mother land and would latter go on to be one of the biggest importer of slaves in the world.

In the 1914 we have start of a war and then again in 1939 ………. in both cases 1 man and his views ropes the entire world in to a blood bath, how many wars do we have at the moment because of peoples superiority views of themselves and what they believe.

People then react and they become extremists they gain a following …… "birds of a feather flock together" Cause and effect.

It is by no means only the young.

Panasonic Lumix G9 and lenses from 7mm wide to 300mm long.
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/chriswaynzpics/ (external link)

weka2000
20,905 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Mar 18, 2019 23:33 |  #9388

there is still so much beauty in this world if you only open your eyes. Bee someone who sees past the dark.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

virginie24jb
901 posts
Gallery: 22 photos
Joined Dec 2013
Post edited over 1 year ago by virginie24jb.

Mar 21, 2019 23:36 |  #9389

Hi everyone!

I’m sticking my nose in your discussion... :oops:

I arrived in New Zealand at the beginning of the month with a one year Working Holiday Visa and I’m looking forward to experience shooting the night sky in the Southern Hemisphere for a change.
I’m already having a blast visiting and shooting during the day.
I’m currently in the Coromandel Peninsula, headed to Cathedral Cove area for the next two days.

I was wondering if anyone was in the area?
Not feeling overly confident about going out in the dark in new places in the middle of the night, on my own... Plus, it would be nice to have company and someone who knows this night sky. ;-)a Or just for a regular sunrise/sunsest shoot (while the moon is up :-().

If you are in any other area in NZ and are looking to go out for a shoot, let me know as I’m planning on traveling all around over the next few months.

I’m also all ears if you have advice on best places, best times to shoot, etc.

Cheers (that’s what you say right? :lol: )
Virginie

http://www.virginie-bitterlin.com (external link)
http://www.visiting-washington.com (external link)
500∞ (external link) - Flickr (external link)
Canon 6D, Canon T4i/650D, Canon 24-105, 18-135 IS STM, 50 f/1.8, Canon 70-200 f/4, Samyang 14mm f/2.8, Samyang 24mm f/1.4

roseyposey
Goldmember
4,887 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Joined Oct 2011

Mar 21, 2019 23:54 |  #9390

virginie24jb wrote in post #18832872 (external link)
Hi everyone!

I’m sticking my nose in your discussion... :oops:

I arrived in New Zealand at the beginning of the month with a one year Working Holiday Visa and I’m looking forward to experience shooting the night sky in the Southern Hemisphere for a change.
I’m already having a blast visiting and shooting during the day.
I’m currently in the Coromandel Peninsula, headed to Cathedral Cove area for the next two days.

I was wondering if anyone was in the area?
Not feeling overly confident about going out in the dark in new places in the middle of the night, on my own... Plus, it would be nice to have company and someone who knows this night sky. ;-)a Or just for a regular sunrise/sunsest shoot (while the moon is up :-().

If you are in any other area in NZ and are looking to go out for a shoot, let me know as I’m planning on traveling all around over the next few months.

I’m also all ears if you have advice on best places, best times to shoot, etc.

Cheers (that’s what you say right? :lol: )
Virginie

I'm in Hastings if you are down this way, and like you not keen to go out alone for night shooting. I must say, I don't know the night sky, can recognise the Pot, and that's about it ... sad I know. If you come this way, maybe we could have coffee or something to meet first.

I hope you enjoy our country, and look forward to your shots. Coromandel Peninsula is beautiful.

Panasonic G9: Lenses covering 8 - 300mm
Canon M5: A variety of Canon, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina, prime and zoom lenses, Samyang fisheye, 2 lovely Minolta MD, just for fun a Helios 44-2 58m - and adapters.
Rose
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/rose_mcgillicud​dy/ (external link)
"Dance among the moonbeams, feel the magic in the air."

sponsored links

2,059,993 views & 1,438 likes for this thread
GKPE 8, Yet more NZ ramblings from some flightless Kiwis.
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.