Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 24 Feb 2019 (Sunday) 19:56
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-= Canon EOS RP shooters unite! Post photos and discuss.

kd_reno
Goldmember
1,212 posts
Gallery: 41 photos
Joined Oct 2009

Mar 23, 2019 22:31 |  #76

Playing around with some Nik filters.

IMAGE: https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7828/33576848168_6c3a072bbf_b.jpg
Cactus (external link) by Ken Drozd (external link) on Flickr

Ken
More stuff than I know how to use

sponsored links
M424canon
195 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Oct 2009

Mar 25, 2019 08:25 |  #77

Has anyone tried EF-S lenses on the Canon RP? What were the results?

ozziepuppy
Goldmember
3,286 posts
Gallery: 203 photos
Joined Aug 2008

Mar 25, 2019 08:38 |  #78

M424canon wrote in post #18834725 (external link)
Has anyone tried EF-S lenses on the Canon RP? What were the results?

Yes, the EF-S 24 pancake. Seems to work perfectly. Just FYI, it does reduce the megapixel count, which is to be expected with the EF-S lenses on a full-frame mount.

Marci
Constructive criticism always appreciated.
Gear
Pre-2018 Feedback :)

Name ­ Pending...
398 posts
Joined May 2009

Mar 25, 2019 22:44 |  #79

IMAGE: https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7913/46553692235_868de96589_c.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/2dVM​QN8  (external link) Lighthouse Park- West Vancouver (external link) by Mark Bowers (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7850/47416066672_e5799d1f39_c.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/2feZ​JEU  (external link) Lighthouse Park- West Vancouver (external link) by Mark Bowers (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7820/46553689165_75f899a18a_c.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/2dVM​PTc  (external link) Shannon Falls- Squamish, BC (external link) by Mark Bowers (external link), on Flickr

My flickr page (external link)

guyzer09
Goldmember
1,207 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 26, 2019 02:29 |  #80

So I went to my local camera store today to just physically hold an RP in my hands..... maybe a bad or good idea because not I am apart of the RP club lol. Still cant believe how small and light this thing is. I'm coming from a 5dc so this camera is way faster than what I am used to. As soon as I can figure out how to process these cr3 files I will post some pics. Oh and one cool thing about buying local rather than a big name store is these guys didn't have a regular ef-rf adapter so they let me borrow the adapter with the extra control ring behind it until mine comes in. Also said if I fell in love with this one we can work out the difference in price. So I find it frustrating at times because I have it set as my ISO and the way I hold my camera is by the lens and often find myself turning the ring on accident. Its my first day so I will see how it works for me. Anyone else have this problem?

Capturing life's moments one one click at a time..
Full GEAR List

motofotog
299 posts
Gallery: 32 photos
Joined Oct 2010

Mar 26, 2019 02:49 as a reply to  @ post 18833666 |  #81

Nice to see birds in action pictures from RP.
What's your thoughts on the AF speed for BIF pics?
I know in your previous post you have mentioned screen black out while shooting burst mode.

guyzer09
Goldmember
1,207 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 26, 2019 02:52 |  #82

Been a long time since I have used DPP. Its come a long ways!

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Full GEAR List

ronin022
21 posts
Joined Apr 2013
Post edited 6 months ago by ronin022.

Mar 26, 2019 03:27 |  #83

Got the RP a few weeks ago and still playing around with the settings. Used my 85mm 1.8 with these two photo. One was converted to back and white the other color jpeg. Really like the auto focus compared to my 6D and like the compactness of the body. But ended up using the grip as it feels better with it on.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

ozziepuppy
Goldmember
3,286 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Mar 26, 2019 08:41 |  #84

motofotog wrote in post #18835208 (external link)
Nice to see birds in action pictures from RP.
What's your thoughts on the AF speed for BIF pics?
I know in your previous post you have mentioned screen black out while shooting burst mode.

The AF speed is somewhat slow for BIF. If that is your PRIMARY interest, you might want to consider a camera with a faster burst rate.

However, if you really want the particular combination of features this camera offers (e.g., small size, full frame, DIGIC 8 processor, focus bracketing [the only Canon camera that has this feature at the moment], focus peaking, good AF, ability to use current lenses [EF & EF-S] in addition to the new RF lenses, the ability to use a control ring with drop-in filters, no need to micro adjust lenses, etc.), know that you can still also get BIF even with the slow burst rate and blacking out, but your keeper rate may not be as high as with a camera that is specifically geared more toward sports and wildlife shooters.

JMHO :-)

Marci
Gear

ozziepuppy
Goldmember
3,286 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Mar 26, 2019 08:48 |  #85

guyzer09 wrote in post #18835201 (external link)
So I went to my local camera store today to just physically hold an RP in my hands..... maybe a bad or good idea because not I am apart of the RP club lol. Still cant believe how small and light this thing is. I'm coming from a 5dc so this camera is way faster than what I am used to. As soon as I can figure out how to process these cr3 files I will post some pics. Oh and one cool thing about buying local rather than a big name store is these guys didn't have a regular ef-rf adapter so they let me borrow the adapter with the extra control ring behind it until mine comes in. Also said if I fell in love with this one we can work out the difference in price. So I find it frustrating at times because I have it set as my ISO and the way I hold my camera is by the lens and often find myself turning the ring on accident. Its my first day so I will see how it works for me. Anyone else have this problem?

Congratulations on your new camera! In order to process the CR3 files, you need to download the latest version of Digital Photo Professional 4 from the Canon website. I can't speak to the control ring issue, because I just have the "plain" adapter that came with the camera, and I don't have any RF lenses. At some point I would like to get one of the other adapters (&/or an RF lens or two), but that will be at some point in the future. It may be that you can make the tension on the ring a little tighter so you don't turn the ring by accident, like you can do on some lenses; perhaps someone who has that adapter can answer that question.

Marci
Gear

lawlz_xD
304 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Mar 28, 2019 08:01 |  #86

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

lawlz_xD
304 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Mar 28, 2019 08:02 |  #87

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

lawlz_xD
304 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Mar 28, 2019 08:03 |  #88

HOSTED PHOTO

guyzer09
Goldmember
1,207 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 30, 2019 08:58 |  #89

playing around with the Bluetooth connectivity through my iPhone. Self portraits made easy!

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Full GEAR List

ronin022
21 posts
Joined Apr 2013

Mar 30, 2019 16:59 |  #90

RP in L.A.

HOSTED PHOTO

sponsored links

34,165 views & 452 likes for this thread
-= Canon EOS RP shooters unite! Post photos and discuss.
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.