Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 10 Apr 2019 (Wednesday) 10:12
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Metal Canvas printing

camarogod93
57 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jun 2008

Apr 10, 2019 10:12 |  #1

I don't know if this the right place, but I was wondering if anyone might could point me in the right direction. I've been thinking about a printing a lightning photo I took printed. A friend suggested I have it done on metal. I started looking into it today, and I came across the option for Matte or Glossy. I wasn't aware that was an option on metal :lol:. Just for giggles I'll attach the photo. And if anyone has any suggestions on where I could go to have it printed, that would be helpful!

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

| Canon | T3i | 18-55 | 55-250 | 75-300 | Nifty Fifty | 28mm f/2.8

sponsored links
sjnovakovich
209 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Aug 2007

Apr 10, 2019 10:36 |  #2

Costco does a good job.

Steve Novakovich
www.SteveNovakovich.co​m (external link)

mikeinctown
Goldmember
2,100 posts
Joined May 2012

Apr 10, 2019 10:40 |  #3

If you aren't on the Adoramapix email list you should sign up for an account there. They are always running specials on something and you can get this done on a small scale to test and see what finish you like.

camarogod93
THREAD ­ STARTER
57 posts
Joined Jun 2008
Post edited 4 months ago by camarogod93.

Apr 10, 2019 14:00 |  #4

I'll have to check those two out. No, I'm not on Admoramapix list. I just spoke to a buddy of mine and he said it would make for a good 11x16. I was hoping for a little bitter than that. If I can ever find the original...I had a hard drive die on me and I lost a pile of photos. I think this would be one of them.

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
13,637 posts
Gallery: 146 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008
Post edited 4 months ago by Tom Reichner.

Apr 10, 2019 15:17 |  #5

I'll concur with the Adoramapix suggestion. . They do a really good job and offer several different options, two of which are Glossy and Matte. . They regularly have site-wide sales of 20% or more off, and I wait until these sales before submitting an order.

I, too think that it would/could/should be printed significantly larger than 11" by 16". I think 24" by 36" would be a good starting point.

And yes, for this type of image, I think that metal is the way to go. . I believe that this particular image, having simple bold colors and being very high-contrast in nature, lends itself well to glossier finishes, and would avoid matte for this one.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

camarogod93
THREAD ­ STARTER
57 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Apr 10, 2019 15:24 as a reply to  @ Tom Reichner's post |  #6

Thank you :) I'm all singed up now.

Merlin_AZ
869 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 11, 2019 10:39 |  #7

I would recommend wherever you have it done, make sure they use a white substrate since some lesser quality places use one that's gray and it won't look good.

sponsored links

432 views & 6 likes for this thread
Metal Canvas printing
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.