Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras 
Thread started 09 Jun 2017 (Friday) 10:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sony Lounge Thread MKIII (All Sony cameras welcome)

Eddie
xpfloyd lookalike
13,602 posts
Gallery: 635 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Feb 2011

Apr 26, 2019 00:37 |  #28276

vinmunoz wrote in post #18851599 (external link)
i got confession to make but it's not my fault.

When I bought my 16-35GM I thought I wanna return it and get a second body instead(the A7iii). When I initiated the return at amazon, it prompted me that i cannot return the lens because it may contain hazmat. When i bought it it came bundled with some cleaning stuff including some cleaning solution.

So I opted to chat with amazon customer support. Told the support I wanna return a week old lens but it won't let me, it says it may contain hazmat. then the support went on asking why i'm returning it blah blah blah. told the guy my reason and that i really wanna return it. So he asked me to wait a minute to see what's my option.

Here's what he said:

Support: Vincent your only option is a returnless refund
Me: What does it mean?
Support: $2199 was refunded to the original card you used to purchase, you may trash the lens, donate or keep. Is there anything else i can do?
Me: wait wait wait why? that's not good for the seller. if you want i can just return the lens and trash those cleaning liquid.
Support: The item maybe be hazmat.

at the back of my head I was like... If those are hazmat, why amazon shipped it to me?

then the support continues...
Support: Is there anything else I can help you with? If not please click the end chat button and have a nice day.

It was valentines day February 14, amazon gifted me with a 16-35GM.

I tried my best to return it but I fail.  :p

Crazy, and lucky you!. Had something similar last week (not to the same scale though). Accidentally bought GoPro 4 batteries for my GoPro 7. Realised when they arrived and tried to return. No carrier in the uk will ship them back though due to them being batteries (amazon delivery person delivered them direct to me). Only one company would do it and it was going to cost 3 times the purchase price. Contacted amazon and they told me that if I recycle the batteries and get a receipt they would refund me! I tried a few places but no one could give me a receipt so I ended up with batteries I can’t use and no refund. Really odd though that they wanted me to destroy a perfectly good unopened product to allow them to give a refund

α7R III | Mavic 2 Pro | Osmo Pocket | GoPro Hero 7 Black

sponsored links
Dlee13
Goldmember
4,673 posts
Gallery: 663 photos
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 26, 2019 04:00 |  #28277

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47702992471_3459de8a45_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/2fFm​iHr  (external link) Together in Botanical Gardens (external link) by Daniel Lee (external link)

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/32759706067_8a54d9e340_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/RUS4​hp  (external link) Made of Fire (external link) by Daniel Lee (external link)

Sony Alpha A7III - Sony FE 24mm f/1.4 GM - Sony FE 35mm f/1.8
Samyang AF 85mm f/1.4 - Sony FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro
Canon EOS M5 - Canon EF-M 32mm f/1.4 - Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 - Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM

Website (external link) / flickr (external link) | Twitter (external link)

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
17,190 posts
Gallery: 444 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Sep 2010

Apr 26, 2019 04:52 |  #28278

Dlee13 wrote in post #18851625 (external link)
Personally I would keep a record of that chat if I was you. If they ever come back and try to blame you or accuse you of anything, you have proof it was on them.

In saying all this, you're so damn lucky haha

I got the script on my email and i also screenshot the chat.

haha thanks.

| VINZ - SONY A7RIV/A73//A6000/FDR-X3000 | Sigma105 | FE1635F4 } Tamron 17-28 Tamron 28-75 | FE50F1.8 | SEL30mm F3.5 Macro |
INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

Dlee13
Goldmember
4,673 posts
Gallery: 663 photos
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 26, 2019 05:30 |  #28279

vinmunoz wrote in post #18851720 (external link)
I got the script on my email and i also screenshot the chat.

haha thanks.

That's good you got the backup.

I wonder how many people here are tempted to give it a try :p haha

Sony Alpha A7III - Sony FE 24mm f/1.4 GM - Sony FE 35mm f/1.8
Samyang AF 85mm f/1.4 - Sony FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro
Canon EOS M5 - Canon EF-M 32mm f/1.4 - Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 - Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM

Website (external link) / flickr (external link) | Twitter (external link)

TMaG82
Goldmember
1,142 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2008

Apr 26, 2019 06:43 |  #28280

Dlee13 wrote in post #18851725 (external link)
That's good you got the backup.

I wonder how many people here are tempted to give it a try :p haha

BRB, ordering an a9 and some Clorox, lol.

Current Gear: Sony a6400, Sony 18-105 f/4, Sony 20mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, Sigma 56mm f/1.4
HEX Brand Ranger Clamshell Backpack, Ranger Sling

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
17,190 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Apr 26, 2019 06:47 |  #28281

GAS ALERT. lol

i want the Laowa 12mm F2.8 Zero-D

| VINZ - SONY A7RIV/A73//A6000/FDR-X3000 | Sigma105 | FE1635F4 } Tamron 17-28 Tamron 28-75 | FE50F1.8 | SEL30mm F3.5 Macro |
INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

Eddie
xpfloyd lookalike
13,602 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Apr 26, 2019 07:13 |  #28282

vinmunoz wrote in post #18851742 (external link)
GAS ALERT. lol

I thought you had that previously?

TRhoads
Cream of the Crop
8,257 posts
Gallery: 568 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Jun 2009

Apr 26, 2019 07:16 |  #28283

vinmunoz wrote in post #18851599 (external link)
i got confession to make but it's not my fault.

When I bought my 16-35GM I thought I wanna return it and get a second body instead(the A7iii). When I initiated the return at amazon, it prompted me that i cannot return the lens because it may contain hazmat. When i bought it it came bundled with some cleaning stuff including some cleaning solution.

So I opted to chat with amazon customer support. Told the support I wanna return a week old lens but it won't let me, it says it may contain hazmat. then the support went on asking why i'm returning it blah blah blah. told the guy my reason and that i really wanna return it. So he asked me to wait a minute to see what's my option.

Here's what he said:

Support: Vincent your only option is a returnless refund
Me: What does it mean?
Support: $2199 was refunded to the original card you used to purchase, you may trash the lens, donate or keep. Is there anything else i can do?
Me: wait wait wait why? that's not good for the seller. if you want i can just return the lens and trash those cleaning liquid.
Support: The item maybe be hazmat.

at the back of my head I was like... If those are hazmat, why amazon shipped it to me?

then the support continues...
Support: Is there anything else I can help you with? If not please click the end chat button and have a nice day.

It was valentines day February 14, amazon gifted me with a 16-35GM.

I tried my best to return it but I fail.  :p

that has to be the strangest thing I have ever heard of...lucky you...

mystik610 wrote in post #18851603 (external link)
OMG that has to be the worst case of bureaucratic policy breakdown I've ever seen lol.

That's on amazon though...not you. Their systems probably make it impossible for them to process the return. Enjoy your lens you lucky dog...no judgement from me :-)

If it makes you feel better, Amazon is slowly turning into an evil job killing corporation with tentacles spread more areas than any single company probably should

yeah, Amazon is starting to take over the world...I shouldn't use them as much as I do...it is having an affect on UPS, and my wife works for UPS...but sometimes...you need stuff..I needed a new tether cable, cause I can't figure out where I packed mine for the renovation...and B&H and Adorama are both closed for Passover...so Amazon had it for the same price and could have it to me the next day for no shipping costs to me...you can't beat that...

navydoc wrote in post #18851608 (external link)
Sure thing.

The TV is the Samsung QN55Q7FN FLAT 55” QLED 4K UHD 7 Series Smart TV 2018 (external link). It's even cheaper now than when I bought it on March 25th.

I also bought a WALI Samsung Micro Gap TV Wall Mount Bracket (external link). This allows the TV to be mounted flush on a wall with virtually no gap behind it. The TV can be made to angle down some if desired.

Then I bought the Samsung HW-N850 Soundbar with Dolby Atmos (external link). This soundbar and wirelessly connected subwoofer is 5.1.2 channels with 2 upward and 2 side-firing speakers. Because of the size on my bar area and lack of space on the opposite wall from the TV, I did not get the Samsung HW-N950 Soundbar with Dolby Atmos (external link). This one has the two rear speakers that also connect to the soundbar wirelessly and gives this setup 7.1.4 channels. Both soundbars are cheaper than they were when I bought mine on April 19. To be honest, if I had the room and place to put rear speakers, I would have gone for the N950.

Finally, I also got the Apple TV 4K (32GB, Latest Model) (external link) on April 20th. At first, I wasn't sure if I would like using the Apple device and it took me a while to figure out how to connect to an existing iTunes account I had...but had let the payment method lapse. I discovered there are separate payment methods depending on what the usage is. Now, I'm very happy with it.

I also still have the Fire TV 4K device connected too. On the One Connect device, I have a blu-ray player, the Fire TV device and the soundbar is connected to the hdmi ARC connector to pass through audio. On the soundbar itself is where I have the Apple 4K device plugged into.

I have three streaming services that I use, Netflicks 4K, Amazon Prime, and a Playstation Vue subscription. Most of the time I use the Apple device and am gradually "rewiring my brain" to using it as it works somewhat differently than what I'm used to.

Most of the remotes are 'smart' and can perform most of the same functions as what comes with the unit and I only need two remotes for most of my needs now. A 3rd, for the blu-ray player, is also good to keep handy but I don't use it often. I did watch "Chicago" on blu-ray today and I have not seen...or heard it look or sound so great before.

Sorry to be so long winded...I got carried away. I wish more titles had the Dolby Atmos audio tracks but like 4K, hopefully, more will be released and older movies re-released with that capability in the future.

EDIT: Oh, on the number of remotes. My TV has one, the soundbar has one, the blu-ray player has one, the Fire TV 4k has one, and of course, the Apple TV 4K has one...whew. :-)

EDIT II: I also have an external hard drive plugged into the One Connect box that has several movies for viewing. I've only tried MP4 files but they play perfectly. I'll have to see if MKV files also play on the TV.

sweet, thanks...got stuff to read today now.

vinmunoz wrote in post #18851742 (external link)
GAS ALERT. lol

well...you got that extra cash laying around...surely you didn't tell the boss how that all went down...;-)a

Gear List & Feedback | SmugMug Page (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Instagram (external link)|YouTube (external link)

Eddie
xpfloyd lookalike
13,602 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Apr 26, 2019 08:29 |  #28284

I was away in the camper for 4 days again last weekend so made another video. All shot with the GoPro Hero 7. I was planning on using the drone but realised it was a military no fly zone when I got there.

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
17,190 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Apr 26, 2019 08:41 as a reply to  @ TRhoads's post |  #28285

TRhoads wrote:
well...you got that extra cash laying around...surely you didn't tell the boss how that all went down...;-)a

she knows. she even asked me to never sell the 16-35GM because it's a lucky lens. :)

TRhoads
Cream of the Crop
8,257 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Apr 26, 2019 08:41 |  #28286

So Wednesday I got to Savannah and had some time to kill...I could either go to the hotel and work or set off on an adventure...I chose the adventure...I shot a lot of footage on the Osmo, and hope to compile that into some sort of video for the whole thing...for now, a still frame. I had not gotten out to do much traditional LE shooting in a while, man I miss it. For not being a sunset spot, I was not disappointed, and I had the whole place to myself, which was pretty cool. But I still have the skeeter bites for it...some of them went through my clothes and my arms itch like mad today.

Hunting Island Sunset

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Gear List & Feedback | SmugMug Page (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Instagram (external link)|YouTube (external link)

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
14,109 posts
Gallery: 209 photos
Joined Oct 2009

Apr 26, 2019 09:14 |  #28287

xpfloyd wrote in post #18851781 (external link)
I was away in the camper for 4 days again last weekend so made another video. All shot with the GoPro Hero 7. I was planning on using the drone but realised it was a military no fly zone when I got there.

Loved it. I'm guessing the GPH7 was on Linear FOV? The stills were spot on focus-wise too. Were you using the new auto eye AF?

Nice way to start the camper trip with shots inside your van of Calum and the other kids. I'm glad you included ambient audio of everyone having a good time too.

Don't forget to have someone video yourself occasionally too. Your kids will love having moving records of both parents someday.

Not necessarily for public consumption but you might take video of a typical day at home once in a while. Maybe when you get home from work or at the dinner table. Set the camera up somewhere at dinner time, fire it up and then forget it's even there for a candid view of your family around the table catching up on the days events. Edit for brevity and content of course. I'd love to have something like that from my childhood. Sometimes videos of the ordinary things in life are good to record as well as special family events and holidays.

Gene - My Photo Gallery || (external link) My USS Oriskany website (external link) || My Flickr (external link)
Take nothing but photos - leave nothing but footprints - break nothing but silence - kill nothing but time.

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
14,109 posts
Gallery: 209 photos
Joined Oct 2009

Apr 26, 2019 09:23 |  #28288

TRhoads wrote in post #18851784 (external link)
...For not being a sunset spot, I was not disappointed...

Beautiful. I'm glad I wasn't there though, mosquitos find me irresistible. :rolleyes: Oddly enough, I always thought the sun set everywhere. :lol:

Gene - My Photo Gallery || (external link) My USS Oriskany website (external link) || My Flickr (external link)
Take nothing but photos - leave nothing but footprints - break nothing but silence - kill nothing but time.

LeeRatters
Cream of the Crop
5,589 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Aug 2009

Apr 26, 2019 09:34 |  #28289

xpfloyd wrote in post #18851781 (external link)

At my brothers wedding today! Glad to see you've done another Eddie. Look forward to watching it tomorrow.

Any updates on the 24/1.4??

>> Flickr << (external link)

>> Instagram<< (external link)

TRhoads
Cream of the Crop
8,257 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Apr 26, 2019 09:41 |  #28290

navydoc wrote in post #18851802 (external link)
Beautiful. I'm glad I wasn't there though, mosquitos find me irresistible. :rolleyes: Oddly enough, I always thought the sun set everywhere. :lol:

thanks Gene...yes, I am a feast for skeeters...probably 50 bites on me right now...and yeah, I think the sun sets everywhere, I think the thought is that the good color is not usually to the east and there is a large stand of trees to the west that blocks the late golden light...I am glad I went anyway...

sponsored links

6,786,183 views & 94,582 likes for this thread
Sony Lounge Thread MKIII (All Sony cameras welcome)
FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.