Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 07 May 2019 (Tuesday) 23:14
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

terrible experience buying a camera from Amazon

this thread is locked
TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
37,119 posts
Gallery: 111 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002
Post edited 6 months ago by TeamSpeed.

May 14, 2019 07:56 |  #16

equetefue wrote in post #18861168 (external link)
Some people don't get how things work. Oh well

This had to be 3rd party. Amazon does not give a crap about a measly 80d and is willing to return/replace. OP is just upset at the world (Amazon, carrier, etc). Move on and stop making a fool of yourself.

The email is from Amazon customer service, but again yes that doesn't prove that the item was sold by Amazon. Those return links and help pages are always provided no matter who the seller is.

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: 2x Teleconverter
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

sponsored links
moose10101
registered smartass
1,678 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined May 2010

May 14, 2019 08:02 |  #17

Jeff_56 wrote in post #18861143 (external link)
Well it seems a lot of ESP geniuses seem to know what happened better than I do. Tell me, when exactly does my refund come? What are the winning lottery numbers this week? Who will win the NBA finals?

Wait. I guess your ESP must be on the blink. My purchase price was not less than $1000. I got the 18-135 USM lens with the camera and some useless junk too. Shouldn't you have known that?

Want to hear the recorded phone calls I made? Want to see the emails denying me a fast refund? Too bad. You seem to know all this stuff already. You've seen it "in your mind" so why should I show you?

Seriously you people need to check your arrogance at the door. Stop thinking the whole world is stupid except for you.

It was AMAZON THAT SCREWED ME. Period. Wait while we jerk you around for a week. Wait until the camera makes it back. Wait 2 weeks. Wait 3-5 business days on top of that. That's NOT an instant refund. They told me "it was too much money" to give me an instant refund or to do a swap for a new camera (and lens).

But hey all you Psycho Friends know this already. I hate it that you people made this into a pi__ing match. There's one in every crowd. Apparently there are several here.

The fact that there are several should be a red flag for you. In fact, has anyone agreed with you?

POST THE LINK to the item, instead of just insisting a bunch of experienced Amazon buyers are "Psycho".

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
37,119 posts
Gallery: 111 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002
Post edited 6 months ago by TeamSpeed. (2 edits in all)

May 14, 2019 08:16 |  #18

Strangely I only see one person posting with arrogance and bad attitude... Also now that person will be on my "don't do business with" because I don't need the headaches or innuendos or libel. :)

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: 2x Teleconverter
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

Jeff_56
THREAD ­ STARTER
285 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Jan 2013

May 14, 2019 08:29 |  #19
bannedPermanent ban

TeamSpeed wrote in post #18861156 (external link)
They cannot return the money the way you want nor can they send you another high dollar item without seeing the return first. They have to return it to the card you paid with, and then they sent you the links that are the fully automated method of return.

What a genius you are. Not one word of the above is true. I guess I really need you bunch of j__ks to tell me how stupid I am and how emotional boo hoo. I posted this as a warning to others nimrod. It didn't do me one bit of good to post it here.

THEY offered to exchange it for another camera. Then later they changed their mind. THEY offered to give me a total refund without even sending the camera back (so much of their need to see the return first) then they changed their mind much later. I never asked for any of that. I never expected any of that. I plainly asked them if they sure they wanted to do that and could do that. Wanna hear the recording genius?

I don't care if you are a seller there. You don't know squat. BTW they do NOT have to refund to the card you bought from either. Dang you are one ignorant person. They offered to return it to another card because I had no balance on the card I used to pay for it and I wasn't sure that card would allow them to put money in my account without me owing anything. Gee I guess Amazon doesn't know what they can do but YOU do.

You just can't admit you're wrong even though you are. Keep looking for more irrelevant details to pick at. Maybe you'll get lucky and find one that works. Not likely but you can dream. I really should send you the recordings just so you know how stupid you are here. So take your arrogant "I know everything" attitude and... You were NOT there. You did NOT hear what they said. Even when you see the proof you're wrong you look for some other nitpicking garbage. That says something about you.

Croasdail
making stuff up
7,506 posts
Joined Apr 2005
Post edited 6 months ago by Croasdail.

May 14, 2019 08:33 |  #20

There are some red flags here. 10 days to get a credit back on your card is pretty standard. Even for hotel reservations. It's not immediate. And then trying to have the refund sent to another place, will never happen.

And if the return is via UPS pickup, why not just drop the package off at a UPS store? You should be able to download a UPS shipper from Amazon. My son does it all the time. And Kohls stores now does return shipping for Amazon.

And again yes, there is a huge difference between an Amazon Partner Vendor, and buying direct from Amazon themselves. Yes, Amazon is acting as the mediator for this transaction, and a body of mine is an Amazon Partner Vendor, and he claims they are very tough on them about issue of returns and such. Amazon has very tough standards their partners must adhere to. But it doesn't always work, and yes, Amazon has some ownership of that situation.

And it is possible you are the victim of a series of bad luck.... but the request to have the refund not go back to the same card you bought the item from, I know from working with Amazon, that is going to setup all kind of fraud alerts and red flags for them. There is no way they are going to send money or a replacement product to anywhere before they get their product back under those circumstances. And they absolutely will not send funds to a third party to this transaction.

I seriously doubts that buying from BH (or anywhere else other than local) would have turned any different. They are going to want their product back. They are going to have to live by the credit card rules as far a cancelling the charges back out. And neither controls whether UPS stops by your house or not. Sorry you had a bad experience... None of the people you are mad at and accusing of lying though are the ones who started this series of bad events for you..... that would be Canon for supplying a bad camera to start with. And in the end, this is why buying local is always the safest option.

Your attitude really doesn't give your story a lot of credibility. Sometimes stuff does happen. It's happened to us all. But the fact that you claim everyone is a "bunch of J__ks" kind of tells a lot about how you deal with things. It's always someone else lying or misrepresenting. And you recorded the conversations? Did you notify them you did such? You know legally you have to... right? And Yes, backs and store always do refunds in the form of the payment. Not sure why you are calling other people ignorant. It is usually in the return policy of the company. For example here is BH Photos.

"Once we receive and inspect your item(s), we will credit your account. Please allow 5-7 days for a credit to appear on your account. In most cases, we will issue your refund in the same way you made the original purchase. If payment was made by check, the refund check will be issued no sooner than 10 business days after the date of purchase. Please note: we can only refund the original purchase price. Shipping and handling fees are nonrefundable."

Bestbuy's Policies

With a few exceptions, we will reimburse you for returned items in the same way you paid for them. If you prefer, you can make an exchange for the same item.

For returns by mail, once we receive your return, we will process it within 2–3 business days. Depending on your bank's processing time, it may take up to 7 days after we process the return to reflect on your account.

Notice the similarities to Amazon's policies. Stop the insults.... its not helping.

Mark
Its by knowing and mastering all the rules that you learn which ones you can break.

Jeff_56
THREAD ­ STARTER
285 posts
Joined Jan 2013

May 14, 2019 08:33 |  #21
bannedPermanent ban

equetefue wrote in post #18861168 (external link)
Some people don't get how things work. Oh well

This had to be 3rd party. Amazon does not give a crap about a measly 80d and is willing to return/replace. OP is just upset at the world (Amazon, carrier, etc). Move on and stop making a fool of yourself.

Gee they sure acted like they cared. Do you have a clue how many items they get returned? Jerk enough people around and the profit margin goes up. And you think "I" am making a "fool of myself". You're dead wrong and you're too stubborn to admit it. Did you even see the email I posted? It says Amazon on it. It came from them. They made the decision to not do what they offered to do in the first place.
Are you willfully blind or just really, really stupid? Do you not understand how ridiculous you sound claiming YOU know better than what you see in the email? That's pretty funny actually. The unbelievable arrogance of some people...

Jeff_56
THREAD ­ STARTER
285 posts
Joined Jan 2013
Post edited 6 months ago by Jeff_56.

May 14, 2019 08:37 |  #22
bannedPermanent ban

TeamSpeed wrote in post #18861181 (external link)
Strangely I only see one person posting with arrogance and bad attitude... Also now that person will be on my "don't do business with" because I don't need the headaches or innuendos or libel. :)

I see several people who think they know what they can't possibly know. That's monumental arrogance pal. A pack of trolls is what I see here. BTW truth is a defense against libel. And if there's any libel going on it's you libeling me.

Jeff_56
THREAD ­ STARTER
285 posts
Joined Jan 2013

May 14, 2019 08:39 |  #23
bannedPermanent ban

TeamSpeed wrote in post #18861171 (external link)
The email is from Amazon customer service, but again yes that doesn't prove that the item was sold by Amazon. Those return links and help pages are always provided no matter who the seller is.

That has NOTHING to do with what Amazon did. THEY said they would trade it for another camera. THEY said they would refund my money without me even sending the camera back. They lied both times. You are so stuck on this point it's ridiculous. Brag some more about how you sell there and how you know what really must be going on. I'll let you go long enough then I'll post the actual phone calls so you can see what an idiot you are.

Jeff_56
THREAD ­ STARTER
285 posts
Joined Jan 2013

May 14, 2019 08:40 |  #24
bannedPermanent ban

moose10101 wrote in post #18861173 (external link)
The fact that there are several should be a red flag for you. In fact, has anyone agreed with you?

POST THE LINK to the item, instead of just insisting a bunch of experienced Amazon buyers are "Psycho".

What does that have to do with anything? Talk about desperation.

Jeff_56
THREAD ­ STARTER
285 posts
Joined Jan 2013

May 14, 2019 08:44 |  #25
bannedPermanent ban

Croasdail wrote in post #18861188 (external link)
There are some red flags here. 10 days to get a credit back on your card is pretty standard. Even for hotel reservations. It's not immediate. And then trying to have the refund sent to another place, will never happen.

And if the return is via UPS pickup, why not just drop the package off at a UPS store? You should be able to download a UPS shipper from Amazon. My son does it all the time. And Kohls stores now does return shipping for Amazon.

And again yes, there is a huge difference between an Amazon Partner Vendor, and buying direct from Amazon themselves. Yes, Amazon is acting as the mediator for this transaction, and a body of mine is an Amazon Partner Vendor, and he claims they are very tough on them about issue of returns and such. Amazon has very tough standards their partners must adhere to. But it doesn't always work, and yes, Amazon has some ownership of that situation.

And it is possible you are the victim of a series of bad luck.... but the request to have the refund not go back to the same card you bought the item from, I know from working with Amazon, that is going to setup all kind of fraud alerts and red flags for them. There is no way they are going to send money or a replacement product to anywhere before they get their product back under those circumstances. And they absolutely will not send funds to a third party to this transaction.

I seriously doubts that buying from BH (or anywhere else other than local) would have turned any different. They are going to want their product back. They are going to have to live by the credit card rules as far a cancelling the charges back out. And neither controls whether UPS stops by your house or not. Sorry you had a bad experience... None of the people you are mad at and accusing of lying though are the ones who started this series of bad events for you..... that would be Canon for supplying a bad camera to start with. And in the end, this is why buying local is always the safest option.

They weren't talking 10 days. They had it up to nearly a month.

Partner vendor or not it was AMAZON that offered to do things then changed their mind. And Amazon agreed to refund to another card hot shot. Once again you THINK you know stuff you don't know. They didn't have a problem with it. And I've been dealing with Amazon since 2003. If they think I've just been buying from them 16 years to set them up for a big score they're as dumb as you.

I never expected not to send their product back. Who said that? Just make up some more crap hoping you don't come out of this looking like a complete idiot. Too late.

Jeff_56
THREAD ­ STARTER
285 posts
Joined Jan 2013

May 14, 2019 08:51 |  #26
bannedPermanent ban

I just love it when a PACK of trolls tell me I'm too stupid to breathe. Clean the crap out of your eyes and read what I said. I didn't get it wrong. You just think you're smarter than everyone. That makes you the idjits. Being part of a group doesn't make you right. You are not right. I described what happened exactly. But now you're locked in to a "we're smarter than you" routine and you look really, really bad when it turns out you were not so smart. So you will cling to any straw trying to prove you know what you can't possibly know. Keep it up and I'll post the recordings of exactly what happened. You can't win this because you're stupidly wrong.

Croasdail
making stuff up
7,506 posts
Joined Apr 2005
Post edited 6 months ago by Croasdail. (2 edits in all)

May 14, 2019 08:57 as a reply to  @ Jeff_56's post |  #27

Jeff..... take a deep breath.

Where in there did I ever say anything about not sending the product back? This could be part of the problem. Never said it. No where. I simply gave you some other options on how to get it back to them.

For 10 years I've worked with banks on AML (anti money laundering) and bank fraud. Buying something, then having the money sent to another source is a common way of trying to move money without a paper trail. It will send up red flags, particularly on larger transactions. I'm pretty dang sure I am not the one here who is ignorant on this stuff. The email you posted tends to support this being the very case. On small transactions they will not bother, unless they are of high frequency. Anything over a certain threshold, as part of their contract with the credit card servicing company, they must report these transactions. Amazon did have a problem with it per your note.

And again, if YOU read carefully, I agreed with you on Amazon owning this whether or not it was a partner transaction. There seems to be a pattern here with this.

I've been dealing with Amazon as they have been a customer of mine since 1997. Neither I nor Amazon is acting dumb here... you need to slow down. If you have been dealing with Amazon like you have been communicating with people here... it is no wonder you are having the issues you are having.

Mark
Its by knowing and mastering all the rules that you learn which ones you can break.

Jeff_56
THREAD ­ STARTER
285 posts
Joined Jan 2013

May 14, 2019 09:08 |  #28
bannedPermanent ban

Croasdail wrote in post #18861216 (external link)
Jeff..... take a deep breath.

Where in there did I ever say anything about not sending the product back? This could be part of the problem. Never said it. No where. I simply gave you some other options on how to get it back to them.

For 10 years I've worked with banks on AML (anti money laundering) and bank fraud. Buying something, then having the money sent to another source is a common way of trying to move money without a paper trail. It will send up red flags, particularly on larger transactions. I'm pretty dang sure I am not the one here who is ignorant on this stuff. The email you posted tends to support this being the very case. On small transactions they will not bother, unless they are of high frequency. Anything over a certain threshold, as part of their contract with the credit card servicing company, they must report these transactions. Amazon did have a problem with it per your note.

And again, if YOU read carefully, I agreed with you on Amazon owning this whether or not it was a partner transaction. There seems to be a pattern here with this.

I've been dealing with Amazon as they have been a customer of mine since 1997. Neither I nor Amazon is acting dumb here... you need to slow down. If you have been dealing with Amazon like you have been communicating with people here... it is no wonder you are having the issues you are having.

The pattern is with the pack of trolls here. You said, "There is no way they are going to send money or a replacement product to anywhere before they get their product back under those circumstances." Sure sounds to me like you said something about sending the product back. You don't even know what you said.

They offered to send me the money without me ever sending the camera back. I plainly asked them several times if they were sure they wanted to do that and could do that. They insisted they could. They waited over a day before telling me they couldn't. That was the email I posted.

I don't care if you say they are a "customer of mine". It doesn't change what happened. And all the people here who think they know DON'T know. You make ASSumptions about things which I plainly said I could prove. You don't seem to notice.

Yes it ticks me off when I get piled on by a pack of trolls all telling me how stupid I am and how wrong I got it. That sucks. You don't know no matter how many times you tell me what you think. You do not KNOW. I know. I was there. You weren't. And again they offered to pay the refund to another card. Wanna hear the recording?????????????​??

Croasdail
making stuff up
7,506 posts
Joined Apr 2005
Post edited 6 months ago by Croasdail. (6 edits in all)

May 14, 2019 09:35 as a reply to  @ Jeff_56's post |  #29

Jeff... I worked for their erp vendor, I helped set up that system at Amazon. Just chill.

I can't speak to what you claim their customer service people said, you are right, but I know their systems and what they can and can't do.

Go ahead, post the recordings, if that will make you feel better. What people are pointing out is that all the things you are saying they said are not standard business practices, hence the questions. And it seems that Amazon has indeed ended up ultimately acting in accordance with those standards at each step.

It is you who is getting hyper emotional about this. No one else really cares that much. It is obvious that you got assigned to someone who probably isn't the most well trained in these matters.... and had to go their their management to get things approved.... which ultimately weren't.

If you decide to buy from B&H, I think thats great. Thats who I use. I don't buy photo stuff from Amazon anyway. And I've had my experiences with Amazon too. A couple of years back we were getting ready for a big winter storm and I went to the local storms to get de-icer. All were sold out. SO I ordered some from Amazon with the promise I would get it before the storm arrived. And of course it didn't. It arrived after the storm. Getting to talk to someone at Amazon is a challenge in of its self. I get it.

But your defensiveness, attacking everyone, calling people names..... claiming no one knows anything, and then being surprised that people don't have your back, doesn't make sense. Seems you are the type with very high expectations of others. Life happens dude, sometimes you just need to roll with it. You'll get your credit on your purchase back.

Play the recording if that makes you feel better. Not sure it's going to sway people much any direction at this point. Insults have been launch with enthusiasm. Nobody is trying to troll you... it's just your experience doesn't match most other people experiences, so they have questions. If that offends you... not sure what anyone can do about it.

Mark

Jeff_56
THREAD ­ STARTER
285 posts
Joined Jan 2013

May 14, 2019 11:50 |  #30
bannedPermanent ban

Croasdail wrote in post #18861251 (external link)
Jeff... I worked for their erp vendor, I helped set up that system at Amazon. Just chill.

I can't speak to what you claim their customer service people said, you are right, but I know their systems and what they can and can't do.

Go ahead, post the recordings, if that will make you feel better. What people are pointing out is that all the things you are saying they said are not standard business practices, hence the questions. And it seems that Amazon has indeed ended up ultimately acting in accordance with those standards at each step.

It is you who is getting hyper emotional about this. No one else really cares that much. It is obvious that you got assigned to someone who probably isn't the most well trained in these matters.... and had to go their their management to get things approved.... which ultimately weren't.

If you decide to buy from B&H, I think thats great. Thats who I use. I don't buy photo stuff from Amazon anyway. And I've had my experiences with Amazon too. A couple of years back we were getting ready for a big winter storm and I went to the local storms to get de-icer. All were sold out. SO I ordered some from Amazon with the promise I would get it before the storm arrived. And of course it didn't. It arrived after the storm. Getting to talk to someone at Amazon is a challenge in of its self. I get it.

But your defensiveness, attacking everyone, calling people names..... claiming no one knows anything, and then being surprised that people don't have your back, doesn't make sense. Seems you are the type with very high expectations of others. Life happens dude, sometimes you just need to roll with it. You'll get your credit on your purchase back.

Play the recording if that makes you feel better. Not sure it's going to sway people much any direction at this point. Insults have been launch with enthusiasm. Nobody is trying to troll you... it's just your experience doesn't match most other people experiences, so they have questions. If that offends you... not sure what anyone can do about it.

You really are ridiculous. Post the recordings to make me "feel" better. Not to make you look stupid which is exactly what they will do. Do you really think I spoke to the same person every time I called Amazon? Do you think I didn't speak to supervisors (plural). I called the corporate office before I got someone who acted right. That isn't a coincidence. That's deliberate. That's why I posted here.

All your claims of knowing how they do things go out the window. You obviously don't know as much as you think, You might know what they tell people. That doesn't always mean the rules are fast. Clearly they aren't.

You don't seem to get it. I can prove everything I say. Not it makes me "feel better". Yeah posting here has done that. Not. I can prove you don't know as much as you think you know. I can prove the know it all trolls here are not nearly as smart as they think they are you included. That has nothing to do with my feelings. It has everything to do with you and your troll buddies being WRONG.

I posted proof already that things being said by the trolls were wrong. I don't know what good it will do to post more proof. You clearly have dug in because your pride will be injured if you admit you're wrong. How do think calling me an idiot who doesn't know what was going on went down with me? And several here did exactly that. Troll packs are not new for the internet. You make the internet pretty much like CB radio - a bunch of juvenile, arrogant humps trying to prove how great they are. You're pathetic. I'm an adult with a pretty good grasp of reality. I proved you posted things you never even knew you posted. Yeah "I" am the one who is out of touch with reality. Face it. You were wrong. You're still wrong. I showed you a glaring error you made and you never even admitted you were wrong. What's that say about you?

I'm not going to let you feel better about yourself. You're an arrogant, stubborn jacka__ that has dug in trying to prove you were right. You aren't right. At least admit I was right when i showed you that you did mention how the camera needed to be returned after you said you didn't. That would be a start. I will be shocked if you do because people like you never admit anything you did wrong. You just keep digging trying to get out of your hole.

sponsored links

1,806 views & 20 likes for this thread
terrible experience buying a camera from Amazon
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.