Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 23 Jul 2009 (Thursday) 22:48
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The Film Thread (Red Ring not Required) A place for Analog Photography Nuts to Talk

PentaxShooter
86 posts
Joined Jun 2019

Jul 10, 2019 13:55 |  #5326

I am going to give 6x6 a serious try. Up until now my 6x6 has been a Brownie modified to use 120 film, which BTW, is easier than it sounds. I just picked up a Mamiya 6 V on E-Bay. Seller says everything is fine and it works well. I love new gadgets! Well, old new gadgets anyway.

Pentax: 645 | 645N | 35mm A | 45mm A | 75mm A | 120mm A Macro | 150mm A | 200mm A
Mamiya 6 Folder | Voigtlander Perkeo | Brownie Hawkeye

sponsored links
PentaxShooter
86 posts
Joined Jun 2019

Jul 13, 2019 11:53 |  #5327

I am expecting my new Mamiya 6 IV in a few days. I can't seem to locate a manual for it. I'm not sure I'll need one, but prefer to have it. No preference of printed copy, PDF copy, or original. Anyone have any ideas where to look? Or better yet, a copy laying around? Butkus.com is my usual source: nothing.

Pentax: 645 | 645N | 35mm A | 45mm A | 75mm A | 120mm A Macro | 150mm A | 200mm A

PentaxShooter
86 posts
Joined Jun 2019

Jul 13, 2019 12:00 |  #5328

I just got results of roll I shot in the spring. Film is Ektar 100. Camera is Brownie Hawkeye. The first photo is nice enough for $5 camera. Note sun at my back over left shoulder. The second one is a mess; sun is over my right shoulder. Third shot is sun over my left shoulder again. Last shot is sun just out of frame to left. Is all of that mess flare? Who would have thought a piece of plate glass over plastic lens could look that bad? It kinda looks like a light leak to me, but it doesn't show up in the first 6 frames, only in the last 6.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

PentaxShooter
86 posts
Joined Jun 2019

Jul 13, 2019 12:02 |  #5329

Sorry, I didn't notice only 2 photos per post. Here are #3 and #4.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Cuypers1807
Intact?
1,730 posts
Joined May 2008

Aug 24, 2019 06:52 as a reply to  @ PentaxShooter's post |  #5330

Looks like a light leak to me. Is the camera rolling the film tight on the take up spool or are you getting a “fat” roll?

Joby
Flickr (external link)_________My Site (external link)___________Gear List

InPhoto
Cream of the Crop
15,619 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Sep 23, 2019 01:50 |  #5331

Altissa Periscop from the 50s, 120 Lomography 100 film

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Some simple photos

sponsored links

810,522 views & 1,069 likes for this thread
The Film Thread (Red Ring not Required) A place for Analog Photography Nuts to Talk
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.