Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 25 Feb 2006 (Saturday) 07:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Another Arizona POTN get together (4)?

xinvisionx
Goldmember
1,814 posts
Gallery: 27 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Aug 29, 2019 16:21 |  #4396

Red Rock Crossing in Sedona

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

My name is James ~ Gear ~ Facebook Fan Page (external link)

sponsored links
BamPhoto
Goldmember
3,098 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Sep 04, 2019 05:21 as a reply to  @ xinvisionx's post |  #4397

Nice!

Randy
My Gear List and Feedback
Website (external link)

cwimaging
Mostly Lurking
14 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Aug 2019

Sep 05, 2019 14:24 |  #4398

I'm not sure if this is allowed on this thread, but seemed like the best spot for it.

I'm traveling to Tucson in early october(6-8) for my gf's grandmothers 96th birthday. I am bringing a case of gear with me for that. I also wanted to see if anyone had some cool spots for me to check out maybe the one free afternoon/evening I should have. Basically looking for anything southwestern/cactus related as I get requests for that often. Im also open to points of interest between Phoenix and Tucson that aren't far off the beaten path. We're flying into Phoenix and renting a car from there.

It's been a few years since I've last visited, so unfortunately I've just been trying to scour google earth in preparation.

Thanks in advance, y'all!

Lumens
451 posts
Joined Dec 2013

Sep 06, 2019 09:27 as a reply to  @ cwimaging's post |  #4399

For Tucson Mission San Xafier Del Bac comes in mind or the Desert Sonoran Museum located near Saguaro National Park. Each of these are great for enjoyable walk around photography.

Between Phoenix & Tucson there is Picacho Peak State Park. It's good for wide vistas or hiking trails if interested. Things could be a bit dry this time of year, but then again if you hit a Monsoon it could be very windy and wet. Monsoon season should be over by then, but things have been very late this year - to the point we are calling it a NONsoon!

FUJI XT-2 & FUJI XT-3 ->
12mm Roki, 16 f1.4, 35 f1.4, 56 f1.2, 80 Macro
10-24, 18-55, 55-200, 100-400

cwimaging
Mostly Lurking
14 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Aug 2019

Sep 11, 2019 12:28 |  #4400

Lumens wrote in post #18922504 (external link)
For Tucson Mission San Xafier Del Bac comes in mind or the Desert Sonoran Museum located near Saguaro National Park. Each of these are great for enjoyable walk around photography.

Between Phoenix & Tucson there is Picacho Peak State Park. It's good for wide vistas or hiking trails if interested. Things could be a bit dry this time of year, but then again if you hit a Monsoon it could be very windy and wet. Monsoon season should be over by then, but things have been very late this year - to the point we are calling it a NONsoon!

This is great information. The last time I visited was 2 years ago on a tail end Moab trip. It was definitely monsoon season then. I hadn't seen such rain as I did driving through flagstaff on that one.

Angmo
looks like I picked a bad week to give up halucinagens
1,121 posts
Joined Dec 2015

Sep 11, 2019 18:28 |  #4401

cwimaging wrote in post #18925139 (external link)
This is great information. The last time I visited was 2 years ago on a tail end Moab trip. It was definitely monsoon season then. I hadn't seen such rain as I did driving through flagstaff on that one.

It’s a nonsoon so far this year. Have a gallon of water per person per day. At least.

Nikons, Rolleiflexes, Elinchroms, Billinghams

dangermoney
192 posts
Joined Mar 2019
Post edited 3 months ago by dangermoney. (2 edits in all)

Sep 11, 2019 18:58 |  #4402

cwimaging wrote in post #18922108 (external link)
I'm not sure if this is allowed on this thread, but seemed like the best spot for it.

I'm traveling to Tucson in early october(6-8) for my gf's grandmothers 96th birthday. I am bringing a case of gear with me for that. I also wanted to see if anyone had some cool spots for me to check out maybe the one free afternoon/evening I should have. Basically looking for anything southwestern/cactus related as I get requests for that often. Im also open to points of interest between Phoenix and Tucson that aren't far off the beaten path. We're flying into Phoenix and renting a car from there.

It's been a few years since I've last visited, so unfortunately I've just been trying to scour google earth in preparation.

Thanks in advance, y'all!

There's two Saguaro National Parks: East and West... one on each side of Tucson. The west one is close to I-10 on the NW side of metro Tucson.

You won't see much on I-10 between PHX and Tucson on I-10. If you want to see real AZ, drive from Mesa, AZ to Superior, AZ south to Winkelman. From Winkelman either:
turn north to Globe and back to Superior and Mesa
or
head south from Winkelman to Tucson.

There's also South Mountain Park in south Phoenix and Usery Park just east of Mesa.

xinvisionx
Goldmember
1,814 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Sep 16, 2019 16:22 |  #4403

"A" Mountain in Tempe, AZ.

HOSTED PHOTO

xinvisionx
Goldmember
1,814 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Sep 23, 2019 23:24 |  #4404

HOSTED PHOTO

BamPhoto
Goldmember
3,098 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Sep 24, 2019 06:13 as a reply to  @ xinvisionx's post |  #4405

Great shot!

Randy
My Gear List and Feedback
Website (external link)

Lumens
451 posts
Joined Dec 2013

Sep 24, 2019 07:30 as a reply to  @ BamPhoto's post |  #4406

I was wondering when I'd see a great lightning shot from the storms we just had. BEAUTIFUL!!

FUJI XT-2 & FUJI XT-3 ->
12mm Roki, 16 f1.4, 35 f1.4, 56 f1.2, 80 Macro
10-24, 18-55, 55-200, 100-400

xinvisionx
Goldmember
1,814 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Sep 28, 2019 23:03 as a reply to  @ Lumens's post |  #4407

And now back to our regularly scheduled program. lol:

There is nothing like Sedona. It's truly unique and at times difficult to convey in a single image. So this is not one photo, but eleven stitched together.

The truth about this photo is that there was smoke in the sky from a fire in the distance. This softened the usually harsh sunlight and provided a rare coloring on the landscape.

HOSTED PHOTO

jeffreybehr
313 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Apr 2013

Sep 29, 2019 13:00 |  #4408

xinvisionx wrote in post #18935058 (external link)
And now back to our regularly scheduled program. lol:

There is nothing like Sedona. It's truly unique and at times difficult to convey in a single image. So this is not one photo, but eleven stitched together.

The truth about this photo is that there was smoke in the sky from a fire in the distance. This softened the usually harsh sunlight and provided a rare coloring on the landscape.

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by xinvisionx in
./showthread.php?p=189​35058&i=i213439418
forum: Member Activities

VERY nice, James.

Sony a7R4, 16-35/2.8 GM, and 24-105/4; Metabones-5 adapter for Canon TS-E 50 (gen.3) and small, lite, humble, old, excellent EF 70-200/F4/L/USM/non-IS and 1.4X-III extender.. Loxia 50/2 coming.

xinvisionx
Goldmember
1,814 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 14, 2019 22:17 |  #4409

HOSTED PHOTO

xinvisionx
Goldmember
1,814 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 20, 2019 08:28 |  #4410

Near Chiricahua National Monument

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

sponsored links

799,192 views & 393 likes for this thread
Another Arizona POTN get together (4)?
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.