Fixed-Lens Photo Challenge #046: Subject: Symbols
This week’s topic is about symbols in the world around us. They are everywhere and range from clock and watch faces to manufacturers' logos and stylised art. So, my friends, go get 'em!
We'll stick with the voting format again or this week, the same rules that we used last week. Just choose three pics, your first, second and third choice. The host will do the counting: 3 points for every first place, 2 points for every second place, 1 point for every third place. People who have not contributed a pic are also allowed to vote. If the host should happen to win the challenge, the baton will be passed to the runner-up to host the next challenge.
To submit, click the button labeled "POST TO THREAD" and put your photo title in the first line of the post, above your photo. Your camera brand and model must appear in the post. Include additional EXIF data, if you like.
Enter just one photo.
Post until Monday noon GMT, September 16, 2019
Voting will end Tuesday noon GMT, September 17, 2019
Winner to be announced shortly thereafter.
Camera: Any fixed-lens camera, all brands and models. Cell phones are also included. No DSLRs!
Time: Any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible except photos that have won other POTN competitions.
Size: Photo must be no less than 800 pixels and no more than 1600 pixels on the longest side, with no borders.
Post processing: Do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
Photo Display: Photos must appear in this thread to be eligible.
Commenting: Please Title your photo. No commenting or descriptions on photos by anyone, including the photographer. Do not use the LIKE button until the challenge has ended. Once the winners are declared, photographers can add comments to their images and everyone is invited to discuss. The host and others may also post photos after the winners are announced.
1. The challenge host is the winner of the last challenge.
2. As soon as possible after you were voted the winner, start a thread in the Competitions forum with this title: Fixed-Lens Challenge #XXX: Subject.
3. To use this format for posting your challenge, use the MQ button down in the right corner of the screen. Then hit 'Start A New Thread'.
4. Soon after noon GMT on the next Monday, post your choices for first, second, and third place. No ties, please. Comments on the photos are nice but not required.
5. If the winner can't be contacted and doesn't respond by Wednesday noon GMT, the second-place winner will host the challenge. If both are unavailable, the third-place winner will host.
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
New Topic: As soon as possible after winning.
Posting Starts: Right after topic is announced.
Posting Stops: Monday noon GMT.
Voting: From Monday noon GMT to Tuesday noon GMT
Winners Announcement: As soon as possible after Tuesday noon GMT, max. until Tuesday midnight GMT.