The lighthouse aboard Naval Air Station, Pensacola, FL
The lighthouse was built in 1859. The Fresnel lens, which was made in France and is still in place and service, was removed by the South during the Civil War and buried on the grounds to prevent the North from being able to use the lighthouse. At the end of the war it was dug up and put back in service. It remains in continuous service today.