Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Fuji Digital Cameras 
Thread started 06 Jan 2013 (Sunday) 14:29
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

STICKY: Fuji Users Unite - Post your comments, questions and images here

EverydayGetaway
Cream of the Crop
10,848 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Oct 2012

Oct 11, 2019 14:48 |  #10816

Two Hot Shoes wrote in post #18942483 (external link)
Yep, me. The X-PRO2 is my favourite Fujifilm camera to date, I love shooting with it, but I also have the X-T3. The super EVF and the speed, to a lesser extent, are great to work with I bough it mainly as a supplementary video camera but I'm using it more and more as the main cam. Also the images out of that new sensor are nice at lower ISO. If I'm shooting faster moving stuff I'll lean on the XT more than the Pro, happy to use either though I'll more often have the X-PRO2 out with me nowadays. X-T3 probably the best rounded camera out there IMO.

Looking [ha] forward to shooting through the new viewfinder in the X-PRO3, looking less forward to using the rear screen, cool as it is.

The titanium one is for sure...

Thanks for your thoughts! The X-Pro2 for me has been by far my favorite camera I've ever shot with. I like my X-T1 too, but I much prefer using the X-Pro2... I'm worried I won't enjoy shooting with the X-T3 as much as my primary camera. I think I'm going to bite the bullet though... I have a big shoot coming up in a couple of months and I don't really trust the X-Pro2 as the primary for it anymore, lately I've had a slew of little issues that add up to paranoia over it, the biggest of which is that the shutter seems to be on it's way out -?

Fuji X-T3 // Fuji X-Pro2 (Full Spectrum) // Fuji X-H1 // Fuji X-T1
flickr (external link) // Instagram (external link)www.LucasGPhoto.com (external link)

sponsored links
Two ­ Hot ­ Shoes
Goldmember
4,135 posts
Gallery: 380 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Apr 2014
Post edited over 2 years ago by Two Hot Shoes.

Oct 11, 2019 16:13 as a reply to  @ EverydayGetaway's post |  #10817

A solid backup plan is important when you are working ( or relied on to get the shot too I guess ). I’ve had equipment go down during a shoot and it is really annoying but always a backup in the bag; cameras, lenses, lights, triggers... you are right to play into your paranoia on this, it’s professional to do so.

I did neglect my X-PRO2 for a while last summer but only for a few months. If only Fuji would put the EVF from the XT into it I’d be very happy

Fujifilm cameras and lenses.
Gear I use to create (external link)Instagram (external link)Blog (external link)
Coffee & Fujis (external link)About Capture One (external link)YouTube (external link)

rantercsr
Goldmember
3,722 posts
Gallery: 65 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Mar 2014
Post edited over 2 years ago by rantercsr.

Oct 11, 2019 18:41 |  #10818

some wide angle portraits with the 16-55
in an attempt to prove I am capable of bright , vibrant and cheery colors.. :lol:

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48882820781_f80d147ca6_h.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/2htB​eyR  (external link) XH114008-Edit-2 (external link) by Randall Herrera (external link), on Flickr

and now back to our regularly scheduled programming... :p

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48882820796_3510d46edf_h.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/2htB​ez7  (external link) XH113627-Edit-2 (external link) by Randall Herrera (external link), on Flickr

My portraits IG (external link)
MY flickr (external link)

EverydayGetaway
Cream of the Crop
10,848 posts
Joined Oct 2012

Oct 11, 2019 19:13 |  #10819

Two Hot Shoes wrote in post #18942556 (external link)
A solid backup plan is important when you are working ( or relied on to get the shot too I guess ). I’ve had equipment go down during a shoot and it is really annoying but always a backup in the bag; cameras, lenses, lights, triggers... you are right to play into your paranoia on this, it’s professional to do so.

I did neglect my X-PRO2 for a while last summer but only for a few months. If only Fuji would put the EVF from the XT into it I’d be very happy

I mean, I do always have my X-T1 as a backup, but I'd rather have something with roughly the same resolution should I need to use it.

flickr (external link) // Instagram (external link)www.LucasGPhoto.com (external link)

Two ­ Hot ­ Shoes
Goldmember
4,135 posts
Joined Apr 2014

Oct 12, 2019 03:10 as a reply to  @ EverydayGetaway's post |  #10820

Yea that is easier all round, having cameras that have similar performance. I still have my old X-E2 in the bag as a just in case camera

Gear I use to create (external link)Instagram (external link)Blog (external link)
Coffee & Fujis (external link)About Capture One (external link)YouTube (external link)

Osa713
Goldmember
1,487 posts
Gallery: 45 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Oct 12, 2019 09:34 |  #10821

EverydayGetaway wrote in post #18942656 (external link)
I mean, I do always have my X-T1 as a backup, but I'd rather have something with roughly the same resolution should I need to use it.

I have an X-T2 and X-T1 as a back up, lately I have been thinking about grabbing and X-T3 for that exact reason.

LIGHT>LENS>BODY

daniel1223
289 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Nov 2007
Post edited over 2 years ago by daniel1223.

Oct 13, 2019 01:49 |  #10822

Taken by a 3 years old

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

EverydayGetaway
Cream of the Crop
10,848 posts
Joined Oct 2012
Post edited over 2 years ago by EverydayGetaway.

Oct 13, 2019 13:03 |  #10823

So, just to further complicate my decision making process... now I'm seriously considering an X-H1 (never thought I'd say that). Reason being; Currently it's sitting at $999 with the battery grip, making it an absolutely killer deal. I normally wouldn't even look at the X-H1, but I'm realizing that even if I get the X-T3 I'll likely still be using my X-Pro2 the vast majority of the time for my personal work until it completely dies, thus the bulk of the X-H1 wouldn't really be that big of a deal... I don't know, am I crazy?

I've also been trying to motivate myself to make more videos, so maybe the IBIS in the X-H1 will help motivate me? I don't know... tough choice.

Two ­ Hot ­ Shoes
Goldmember
4,135 posts
Joined Apr 2014
Post edited over 2 years ago by Two Hot Shoes.

Oct 13, 2019 14:58 as a reply to  @ EverydayGetaway's post |  #10824

IBIS can be handy if you are holding the camera in your hand but it’s not the best option for stable video. A gimbal/steadycam or tripod/monopod is more helpful, if you need stable video get one of those also. IF you are happy with he AF for video on the X-PRO2/T2 then the X-H1 will do you great. The X-T3 is a better video tool though IMO ( or the X-T30 ). I'd buy the X-T3 over the X-H1 any day just for the 10bit 4:2:2 HLG, totally worth the extra $300. You'll need an external recorder if you need to record more the 30 mins of footage at a time on any of them. The X-T3 can be easily powered via USB-c with a power bank making the battery grip redundant or get a dummy battery power cable and run it from a goldmoust or v mount, as well as your external recorder if you are going that way.

Furlan
818 posts
Joined Nov 2012

Oct 13, 2019 15:34 as a reply to  @ EverydayGetaway's post |  #10825

At that price the X-H1 is a no brainer. The grip comes with two extra batteries that's another $131.58 in your pocket.

ontonagondave
698 posts
Gallery: 45 photos
Joined Dec 2009

Oct 13, 2019 15:46 |  #10826

Pippen Lake, Alaska. Between Glennallen and Valdez.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

EverydayGetaway
Cream of the Crop
10,848 posts
Joined Oct 2012

Oct 13, 2019 16:37 |  #10827

Two Hot Shoes wrote in post #18943728 (external link)
IBIS can be handy if you are holding the camera in your hand but it’s not the best option for stable video. A gimbal/steadycam or tripod/monopod is more helpful, if you need stable video get one of those also. IF you are happy with he AF for video on the X-PRO2/T2 then the X-H1 will do you great. The X-T3 is a better video tool though IMO ( or the X-T30 ). I'd buy the X-T3 over the X-H1 any day just for the 10bit 4:2:2 HLG, totally worth the extra $300. You'll need an external recorder if you need to record more the 30 mins of footage at a time on any of them. The X-T3 can be easily powered via USB-c with a power bank making the battery grip redundant or get a dummy battery power cable and run it from a goldmoust or v mount, as well as your external recorder if you are going that way.

Furlan wrote in post #18943745 (external link)
At that price the X-H1 is a no brainer. The grip comes with two extra batteries that's another $131.58 in your pocket.

Both of these are good points, which is why (to me), it's anything but a "no brainer" :lol:

I'm going to go to Best Buy tomorrow on my way into work to see if they have the X-T3 in stock to play with a bit as well as some of the bigger mirrorless cameras from other brands (similar in size to the X-H1, since they almost certainly won't have the X-H1 on display).

I know a gimbal is better, but I'm not looking to get that seriously into video, just some run-and-gun type stuff.

rantercsr
Goldmember
3,722 posts
Joined Mar 2014

Oct 13, 2019 17:59 as a reply to  @ EverydayGetaway's post |  #10828

As far as video goes..

to me the xh1 stabilizer is somewhere between sony and pana.. for sure not as good as Panasonics best ibis (g9 or gh5) but for sure better than Sony's ibis in the a73 or a6500..

super helpful for adding the extra bit of smoothness while practicing good form ..

but yeah in every other regard the xt3 is better

rantercsr
Goldmember
3,722 posts
Joined Mar 2014

Oct 13, 2019 18:54 |  #10829

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48894254451_6896d89bf0_h.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/2huB​Qp6  (external link) XH114818-Edit (external link) by Randall Herrera (external link), on Flickr

rantercsr
Goldmember
3,722 posts
Joined Mar 2014

Oct 13, 2019 19:14 |  #10830

6 hours driving and catching some of the autumn foliage

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48894328546_43298378d6_h.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/2huC​dqA  (external link) XH114747-Edit (external link) by Randall Herrera (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48893719668_c978394400_h.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/2huz​6qG  (external link) XH114839-Edit (external link) by Randall Herrera (external link), on Flickr

really wanted to pull out the tripod and get out a bit further for better angles for some of the shots I took , but the wife just had knee surgery … so it was a quick trip

sponsored links

3,916,731 views & 22,272 likes for this thread
Fuji Users Unite - Post your comments, questions and images here
FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Fuji Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.