Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Fuji Digital Cameras 
Thread started 06 Oct 2019 (Sunday) 17:50
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

X-T30 to X-Pro2?

By-tor
Goldmember
3,870 posts
Gallery: 1131 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2009

Oct 06, 2019 17:50 |  #1

I've only owned my X-T30 for a couple of months and its a great little camera, but i'm really loving the looks of the X-Pro2. I also shoot with a X100F that I love and the range finder styling just works for me.

Would jumping from the X-T30 to the X-Pro2 be a worthwhile move?

Has anyone else made a similar move?

Thanks

Fujifilm: X-Pro3, X100V, X-T10, 16mm f2.8, 23mm f2, 27mm 2.8, 35mm 1.4, 50mm f2
All the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players performers and portrayers. RUSH!!

sponsored links
EverydayGetaway
Cream of the Crop
10,828 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Oct 2012
Post edited over 1 year ago by EverydayGetaway.

Oct 12, 2019 01:09 |  #2

By-tor wrote in post #18939638 (external link)
I've only owned my X-T30 for a couple of months and its a great little camera, but i'm really loving the looks of the X-Pro2. I also shoot with a X100F that I love and the range finder styling just works for me.

Would jumping from the X-T30 to the X-Pro2 be a worthwhile move?

Has anyone else made a similar move?

Thanks

In some ways that's a downgrade, in others it's an upgrade. It entirely depends on your wants/needs for the camera. The X-T30 has better AF, (arguably) better sensor, tilt screen, touch screen, various other little current gen improvements. The X-Pro2 has a more robust body, HVF (this alone is the biggest selling point of the X-Pro2 over other X-Trans bodies imo), better LCD, better (subjectively) controls, dual card slots, 1/250s flash sync, and a few other things I'm probably forgetting.

There are other differences as well, but those are the ones that matter or stick out the most to me.

Fuji X-T3 // Fuji X-Pro2 (Full Spectrum) // Fuji X-H1 // Fuji X-T1
flickr (external link) // Instagram (external link)www.LucasGPhoto.com (external link)

MaxxuM
Goldmember
3,361 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined May 2007

Oct 15, 2019 03:48 |  #3

I would think it's a lateral step and one back. I wouldn't and I picked the XE3 over the XT20 because of that reason. If you have your heart set on the Pro2 at least wait to see the Pro3 release. It's coming soon. The price drop will follow. Or you might like the 3's updated specs.

Hermelin
Goldmember
1,193 posts
Gallery: 73 photos
Joined Nov 2013

Oct 15, 2019 08:49 as a reply to  @ EverydayGetaway's post |  #4

I'd say it's a good move if you like the rangerfiner ergonomics better.

Sure maybe the X-T30 has better AF but the X-pro2 AF should be sufficent for most stuff.
Sensor I wouldn't say is an improvement at all with the X-T30 sensor. X-Pro2 has slightly better ISO performance even but I doubt you will notice.

Tilt and touch screen is subjective if you really want it.

Fujifilm X100V

By-tor
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,870 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Oct 15, 2019 20:15 |  #5

The problem is since I have been using the X-T30 I have come to really like it, but hard to justify another camera... Great AF, use the tilt screen and my old knee's love me for it, 4k video is great and when mounted on my stabilizer the tilt screen sure helps... I do wish I knew someone local that shots Fujifilm and maybe checkout a X-Pro1 or 2 in person since the closest camera store is almost 2 hours away and they don't carry Fujifilm..

The X-Pro2 would be a good match for the primes I have as all 3 are weather sealed like the Pro2. I would love to just grab up an X-Pro3 when it releases, but the price will be a bit more than I'm would want to pay. That hiding back screen sure does draw me in...

Thanks everyone for posting...

Could just grab a X-Pro1 cheap and see if it would do the trick for me..

All the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players performers and portrayers. RUSH!!

By-tor
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,870 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Oct 20, 2019 09:09 |  #6

I ended up purchasing a nice X-Pro2 off Fred Miranda..

sponsored links

1,130 views & 0 likes for this thread
X-T30 to X-Pro2?
FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Fuji Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.