Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Nature & Landscapes 
Thread started 08 Sep 2010 (Wednesday) 22:46
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Lets See Your Telephoto Landscapes

Pippan
Goldmember
1,887 posts
Gallery: 179 photos
Joined Oct 2015

Oct 20, 2019 15:18 |  #1876

Ray.Petri wrote in post #18947468 (external link)
Ho! Ho! Ho! you've got one up on me - have you.vmad

You are right though - What's our option? You lot down under are consuming all of our sunshine.:-)
If we go 100% nuclear we will have a waste disposal problem, we could ship it to OZ or launch it into outer-space - 'To infinity and beyond'
We have huge off-shore wind farms. Perhaps we could make more use of tidal flow systems - at least the tides are predictable.

I took this picture a couple of days ago, it is about five miles out in the Thames estuary off Margate. Funnily, it is normally barely visible due to mist, heat haze and generally murky weather, but always appears when capturing shipping pics in that part of the estuary. I took a series of this location - there are lots of 'em.

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Ray.Petri in
./showthread.php?p=189​47468&i=i37156911
forum: Nature & Landscapes

Wouldn't want to be a seabird dodging those spinning arms, would you. It is an issue though. There are more and more of us consuming more and more electricity. Right now I'd give you as much sunshine as you want. We've had a heat wave (inland from Darwin) for the last two weeks, 39-42C. I'm sick of it (literally--I am about to have surgery to remove skin cancers from too much exposure to it) and have had no rain since April. Just hanging' out for the wet season but we have at least a week more of this stinking devil's armpit weather to look forward to.

— Please feel free to offer your thoughts on how I might improve my images —

sponsored links
avondale87
Cream of the Crop
5,451 posts
Gallery: 475 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 20, 2019 15:25 |  #1877

Ray.Petri wrote in post #18947424 (external link)
On the left hand side of the bridge you can see Dartford's Littlebrook Power Station - now awaiting demolition like most other power stations around here - a decision we may live to regret. The image is taken from the East looking West.

Pippan wrote in post #18947449 (external link)
Never mind Ray, I'm sure they'll build you some shiny new solar power stations to replace it! Oh, that's right, they don't work too well over there.:)

There's seems to be a lot of hot air, you could harness that :-)

I do like that composite photo. Very nice bridge.

Richard

Ray.Petri
Goldmember
2,695 posts
Gallery: 868 photos
Joined Mar 2005

Oct 21, 2019 00:07 |  #1878

Pippan wrote in post #18947707 (external link)
Wouldn't want to be a seabird dodging those spinning arms, would you. It is an issue though. There are more and more of us consuming more and more electricity. Right now I'd give you as much sunshine as you want. We've had a heat wave (inland from Darwin) for the last two weeks, 39-42C. I'm sick of it (literally--I am about to have surgery to remove skin cancers from too much exposure to it) and have had no rain since April. Just hanging' out for the wet season but we have at least a week more of this stinking devil's armpit weather to look forward to.

Thanks for the offer of some of your sunshine, very generous of you. But putting that into degrees F = 102F - 107F. For scientific calculations I had to use deg C automatically, but when at home I have to refer to a Fahrenheit thermometer to see how warm it is :-). (Blast this Europeanisation, we'll soon be driving on the right side of the road with speed measured in km/h if Brexit fails) Perhaps I should stop moaning about our climate. Sorry to hear your problem Pippan, I do hope all goes well for you.

avondale87 wrote in post #18947713 (external link)
There's seems to be a lot of hot air, you could harness that.:-)

I do like that composite photo. Very nice bridge.

Thanks for the comment on the bridge Richard, I'm sorry that the water looks so murky in the picture, that's because it is murky, probably due to all the B.S being washed down from our seat of parliament 20 miles upstream at Westminster, as usual.-?

Ray-P

pappusrkr
462 posts
Gallery: 173 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Dec 2017

Oct 21, 2019 02:20 |  #1879

Landmannalaugar

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48496123182_cd18f63242_h.jpg

junglialoh
Goldmember
1,795 posts
Gallery: 24 photos
Joined Jun 2016

Oct 21, 2019 16:23 as a reply to  @ pappusrkr's post |  #1880

Nice landscape

jasio
779 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Oct 22, 2019 14:12 |  #1881

cseelye wrote in post #18940266 (external link)
This Summer while the sun was as far north as it was going to get is the only time of the year for this point of view.

Both of these images were shot at 700mm using my Nikkor 500 f4 with 1.4 converter.

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by cseelye in
./showthread.php?p=189​40266&i=i76797448

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by cseelye in
./showthread.php?p=189​40266&i=i118461500

Congratulations, fantastic shots. As perfect as it can be achieved. Fabulous colors and curves.

chvvkumar
295 posts
Gallery: 112 photos
Joined Oct 2014

Oct 22, 2019 22:18 |  #1882

Badlands National Park

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

www.kumarchalla.com

junglialoh
Goldmember
1,795 posts
Gallery: 24 photos
Joined Jun 2016

Oct 23, 2019 05:26 as a reply to  @ chvvkumar's post |  #1883

nice color gradation

C ­ Scott ­ IV
Goldmember
2,699 posts
Gallery: 484 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Feb 2011

Oct 23, 2019 18:24 |  #1884

This size does not show the detail in this image shot with the RF 24-240. It is best viewed in the glasses preview button or better at full res by following the link.

https://www.cscott4.co​m …019-Landscape/i-m8BwqG2/A (external link)

Charles
www.CScott4.com (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Gear | Image Editing OK and critique welcome
"Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships." Ansel Adams

avondale87
Cream of the Crop
5,451 posts
Gallery: 475 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 23, 2019 18:38 |  #1885

C Scott IV wrote in post #18949419 (external link)

Amazing root system.
Very nicely photographed.

Does the tree grow lke that? I'm assuming it's not soil erosion.

Richard

C ­ Scott ­ IV
Goldmember
2,699 posts
Gallery: 484 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Feb 2011

Oct 23, 2019 18:46 |  #1886

avondale87 wrote in post #18949427 (external link)
Amazing root system.
Very nicely photographed.

Does the tree grow lke that? I'm assuming it's not soil erosion.

Thank you!

This is on the banks of the Big Cypress Bayou right below a dam. It is flooded most of the time so erosion has exposed the normal root system. On dry land many cypress trees have knees that will come up out of the ground. Not all cypress trees develop knees though.

Charles
www.CScott4.com (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Gear | Image Editing OK and critique welcome
"Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships." Ansel Adams

tspoon765
Mostly Lurking
10 posts
Joined Jul 2018

Oct 23, 2019 20:59 |  #1887

HOSTED PHOTO

A particularly nice winters day (several months ago)
Wirgar 135/4.5 at F16, camera Sony A7II, stitched image.

Capn ­ Jack
Goldmember
3,054 posts
Gallery: 1395 photos
Joined Mar 2010

Oct 26, 2019 15:30 |  #1888

Rocky Mountains

HOSTED PHOTO

jcothron
Goldmember
3,488 posts
Gallery: 384 photos
Joined Nov 2008

Oct 28, 2019 15:40 |  #1889

This is a little unorthodox for my typical shots of water, but I thought the view through the trees was both unique and pretty.

IMAGE: https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-JFjZpNL/0/54b5177b/O/i-JFjZpNL.jpg

John
Gear List|My Flickr (external link)|Website (external link)|
Instagram (external link)

nick2000
43 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Oct 2019

Oct 29, 2019 03:41 |  #1890

Last Year in Alaska, Done by Sigma 150 - 600 C

HOSTED PHOTO

some of my other photos, feel free to look and comment https://www.flickr.com​/photos/litwinienko/ (external link)

sponsored links

533,684 views & 3,552 likes for this thread
Lets See Your Telephoto Landscapes
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Nature & Landscapes 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.