Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Fuji Digital Cameras 
Thread started 14 Nov 2019 (Thursday) 20:10
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

X-H1 Deals and X-H2

MaxxuM
Goldmember
3,361 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined May 2007

Nov 14, 2019 20:10 |  #1

I couldn't resist the great prices on the X-H1. Body + grip are going for around $999 right now and I happened on a Fuji discount code a week ago and got it marked down an additional 10%. I know the X-T3 is a better camera in almost every way, but I have shaky hands and IBIS/OIS is a must. A lot of people are speculating that his big price cut means that the H1 isn't selling and they are likely going to come out with an H2 next year. Anyway, just wanted to give you guys a head's up on all the deals going on right now. Supplies are getting low and the lens combo deals are pretty much gone at this point (some people were getting remarkable deals on bundled lenses).

sponsored links
Lumens
459 posts
Joined Dec 2013

Nov 15, 2019 06:48 |  #2

MaxxuM wrote in post #18960346 (external link)
I couldn't resist the great prices on the X-H1. Body + grip are going for around $999 right now and I happened on a Fuji discount code a week ago and got it marked down an additional 10%. I know the X-T3 is a better camera in almost every way, but I have shaky hands and IBIS/OIS is a must. A lot of people are speculating that his big price cut means that the H1 isn't selling and they are likely going to come out with an H2 next year. Anyway, just wanted to give you guys a head's up on all the deals going on right now. Supplies are getting low and the lens combo deals are pretty much gone at this point (some people were getting remarkable deals on bundled lenses).

The XH-1 has the same sensor as the XT-2, which in my opinion creates a nicer image than the Xt-3. The XT-3 has a few nice Bells & Whistles, mostly in a quicker AF provided by a quicker sensor. if quick AF is not your need the XT-2/XH-1 vs Xt-3 question comes out a wash. I do own both and do still use both based in the needs of the scenario.

It is very likely an XH-2 or XT-4 with IBIS will come about in 2020, but at current prices the XH-1 is an incredible deal. If you don't shoot sports or wildlife you can't beat it (IMHO)

FUJI XT-2 & FUJI XT-3 ->
12mm Roki, 16 f1.4, 35 f1.4, 56 f1.2, 80 Macro
10-24, 18-55, 55-200, 100-400

MaxxuM
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,361 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined May 2007

Nov 15, 2019 13:38 as a reply to  @ Lumens's post |  #3

Yeah, and Fuji isn't really good for sports or wildlife anyway. Could get a used D610 full frame and the 200-500mm Nikkor for less than the 100-400 Fuji by itself and still get better wildlife results imo. I do street, urban, portrait and landscape with the occasional real estate stuff so I can take my time shooting. If the weather cooperates I'll try to do some Astro this weekend as it's something I've never tried.

aaronlam
30 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Nov 17, 2019 13:54 as a reply to  @ Lumens's post |  #4

I agree about the sensor seems better on the X-T2 vs X-T3. My understanding is that the X-T2 used a Fuji sensor maybe derived from Sony? And X-T3 used a Samsung sensor? Think I read that somewhere... but it was disappointing.

www.aaronlam.com (external link)
aaronlam.wordpress.com (external link)
www.flickr.com/aaronla​m (external link)

Two ­ Hot ­ Shoes
Goldmember
3,949 posts
Gallery: 378 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Apr 2014

Nov 17, 2019 14:04 as a reply to  @ aaronlam's post |  #5

They both use a Sony manufactured sensor, built to Fuji's spec though. Fuji have talked to Samsung about a new sensor with a new design and tech but that's a bit away yet. I really get the feeling that Fuji concentrated on the lower ISO levels with the X-T3

Fujifilm cameras and lenses.
Gear I use to create (external link)Instagram (external link)Blog (external link)
Coffee & Fujis (external link)About Capture One (external link)YouTube (external link)

phlash46
174 posts
Gallery: 32 photos
Joined Mar 2019

Mar 13, 2020 10:16 |  #6

It's a great way to get IBIS and a very nice camera for a lot less than an X-T4!

Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
Sony RX10 IV and Rx1R II

sponsored links

1,476 views & 3 likes for this thread
X-H1 Deals and X-H2
FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Fuji Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.