Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras 
Thread started 09 Jun 2017 (Friday) 10:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sony Lounge Thread MKIII (All Sony cameras welcome)

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
13,700 posts
Gallery: 205 photos
Joined Oct 2009
Post edited 2 months ago by navydoc.

Dec 09, 2019 13:25 |  #35491

TRhoads wrote in post #18972581 (external link)
After thinking about it...and looking at specs...I binned the 105mm rental for this weekend...the size of that lens is not going to be something I want to use...and its too close to 85...so I extended my 135GM rental and picked it up today..I have a basketball game to shoot tonight that was not originally on my schedule...so first testing...the dog is the only subject home today...wow...what a lens...it delivers in truck loads...super fast, super accurate, super sharp and destroys backgrounds...sold...w​ill be putting my order in when I get home next week...gotta sell off some stuff and collect some outstanding invoices...but dang...

just a quick snap...

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by TRhoads in
./showthread.php?p=189​72581&i=i43528880
forum: Sony Cameras

and one of a series of 49 frames...it never lost focus...not once in 49...

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by TRhoads in
./showthread.php?p=189​72581&i=i128903663

and has anyone else had LR sort them wrong by capture time...the last 5 in the sequence by file number and what I know to be the last frames...in LR show up out of order with the rest when sorted by time...I have had this issue at the track too.

Awesome, thanks for sharing your test photos and subject, who is as cute as a button I might add.

I think I may have to sell my a7r2 and a7r3 and buy an a9 if nothing else.

EDIT: Button pushed, now to sell some gear. :-)

Gene - My Photo Gallery || (external link) My USS Oriskany website (external link) || My Flickr (external link)
Take nothing but photos - leave nothing but footprints - break nothing but silence - kill nothing but time.

sponsored links
navydoc
Cream of the Crop
13,700 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Dec 09, 2019 13:27 |  #35492

I mentioned in an earlier post that I was concerned about heat from the chimney of my new lamp and the drop ceiling I have in my kitchen. Safety dectates that there should be 36" of space above the chimney and in my kitchen, there is only 30" clear with the lamp on my kitchen dinnette. So, I got this chimney heatshield which now allows there to be only 24" of clear space above.

I did some err, obvious 'artistic' tweaking to this shot of it mounted on my chimney. :rolleyes:

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Gene - My Photo Gallery || (external link) My USS Oriskany website (external link) || My Flickr (external link)
Take nothing but photos - leave nothing but footprints - break nothing but silence - kill nothing but time.

itsallart
Cream of the Crop
10,511 posts
Gallery: 1048 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Jan 2015

Dec 09, 2019 15:20 |  #35493

navydoc wrote in post #18972642 (external link)
I mentioned in an earlier post that I was concerned about heat from the chimney of my new lamp and the drop ceiling I have in my kitchen. Safety dectates that there should be 36" of space above the chimney and in my kitchen, there is only 30" clear with the lamp on my kitchen dinnette. So, I got this chimney heatshield which now allows there to be only 24" of clear space above.

I did some err, obvious 'artistic' tweaking to this shot of it mounted on my chimney. :rolleyes:
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by navydoc in
./showthread.php?p=189​72642&i=i114282726

Your inanimate objects are always beautiful, Gene.

Renata
Seeing lights and shadows is an art :)
Renata Sharman (external link)Tanami Muse (external link)
500px (external link)
Etsy Store (external link)

itsallart
Cream of the Crop
10,511 posts
Joined Jan 2015
Post edited 2 months ago by itsallart.

Dec 09, 2019 15:32 |  #35494

Another one from the weekend and from today. Baked 1 large 8"and 2 small 4" Panforte di Siena cakes. Still need to sprinkle powdered sugar over.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Renata
500px (external link)

LeeRatters
Cream of the Crop
5,373 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Aug 2009

Dec 09, 2019 15:54 |  #35495

An August image that I wasn't too sure on at the time. I have several others from the same morning that I felt the same about....

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49195937097_004979d08b_h.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/2hXh​392  (external link)
*** (external link) by Lee (external link), on Flickr

>> Flickr << (external link)

>> Instagram<< (external link)

itsallart
Cream of the Crop
10,511 posts
Joined Jan 2015

Dec 09, 2019 16:00 |  #35496

LeeRatters wrote in post #18972712 (external link)
An August image that I wasn't too sure on at the time. I have several others from the same morning that I felt the same about....

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/2hXh​392  (external link)
*** (external link) by Lee (external link), on Flickr

Lee, this is lovely and dreamy.

Renata
500px (external link)

AnnieMacD
Oops, me again
4,048 posts
Gallery: 756 photos
Joined Aug 2012

Dec 09, 2019 16:11 |  #35497

itsallart wrote in post #18972713 (external link)

Lee, what Renata said!

flickr (external link)

TRhoads
Cream of the Crop
7,780 posts
Gallery: 508 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Jun 2009

Dec 09, 2019 17:12 |  #35498

navydoc wrote in post #18972637 (external link)
Awesome, thanks for sharing your test photos and subject, who is as cute as a button I might add.

I think I may have to sell my a7r2 and a7r3 and buy an a9 if nothing else.

EDIT: Button pushed, now to sell some gear. :-)

Thanks Gene. She is a good dog. Due to my allergies I am limited on the kinds of animals I can have. Shih-tzu's are one of the breeds that I can be around.

The a9 is a beast, I think you will like it...now that you have the r4... you have quite the collection there...

Gear List & Feedback | SmugMug Page (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Instagram (external link)

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
13,700 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Dec 09, 2019 17:57 |  #35499

TRhoads wrote in post #18972733 (external link)
Thanks Gene. She is a good dog. Due to my allergies I am limited on the kinds of animals I can have. Shih-tzu's are one of the breeds that I can be around.

The a9 is a beast, I think you will like it...now that you have the r4... you have quite the collection there...

Thanks Travis. I'm excited to get my new Sony a9 tomorrow. I opted for the 'old' version rather than the a9II and saved $1000 there. That's due to the a9 being on sale at a $500 discount and it was bundled with a $109.99 Sony 64GB SF-G Tough Series UHS-II SDXC Memory Card for free. I'm trading in my a7r II and a7r III to help ease the pain too so now I will be back to owning only two cameras, the a7r IV and the a9.

I don't know if I'll need to update to the newest firmware until it arrives but I plan on downloading it just in case. I'm probably going to be picking the brainpower of you and other a9 users here if I have questions, and most likely, I will.

After owning high megapixel cameras, it will be interesting to get back to a smaller format. One of my favorite cameras I've owned was a Canon 1Ds Mark II and it had a 16.7 megapixel sensor.

TRhoads
Cream of the Crop
7,780 posts
Gallery: 508 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Jun 2009

Dec 09, 2019 19:59 |  #35500

navydoc wrote in post #18972756 (external link)
Thanks Travis. I'm excited to get my new Sony a9 tomorrow. I opted for the 'old' version rather than the a9II and saved $1000 there. That's due to the a9 being on sale at a $500 discount and it was bundled with a $109.99 Sony 64GB SF-G Tough Series UHS-II SDXC Memory Card for free. I'm trading in my a7r II and a7r III to help ease the pain too so now I will be back to owning only two cameras, the a7r IV and the a9.

I don't know if I'll need to update to the newest firmware until it arrives but I plan on downloading it just in case. I'm probably going to be picking the brainpower of you and other a9 users here if I have questions, and most likely, I will.

After owning high megapixel cameras, it will be interesting to get back to a smaller format. One of my favorite cameras I've owned was a Canon 1Ds Mark II and it had a 16.7 megapixel sensor.

I love my a9...I use it a lot. THe old r2 only comes out for landscape duty or high end architecture jobs...anything else is done on the a9...since acquiring it in August of 2017...I have put over 90K frames on it...mostly with electronic shutter and shooting sports and race cars...compared to about 27K on the r2 that was used for the duration of 2017 through now...

Gear List & Feedback | SmugMug Page (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Instagram (external link)

Itsed65
Goldmember
3,837 posts
Gallery: 1730 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2010

Dec 09, 2019 20:04 |  #35501

If I could only have one body, it would definitely be my A9. I have never had more keepers from one body constantly ever. Paired with the 200-600, it is really my perfect setup for wildlife/birds. That said, I was out this weekend, and happened to also have my RX10M4 with me, and took this one straight up through my sunroof, where the much smaller size comes in very handy :-)

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49196102838_3a7e9cf470_h.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/2hXh​TpC  (external link)
Bald Eagle 80 (external link) by lennycarl08 (external link), on Flickr

Fuji XT-2, XT-3, Sony A7RIV, A9 and RX10 MK IV
My Flickr (external link)

tim1970
690 posts
Gallery: 161 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 09, 2019 20:51 |  #35502

Photo of a high school senior just before his last home football game.

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49196820381_1919ca3124_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/2hXm​yH4  (external link) AJ_senior-103 (external link) by Tim Richardson (external link), on Flickr

Gear

Flickr (external link) | Web Page (external link)

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
13,700 posts
Joined Oct 2009
Post edited 2 months ago by navydoc.

Dec 09, 2019 21:11 |  #35503

First clear night to try my 200-600 lens + 2x extender. Not the best phase for crater detail but hopefully, I'll get a chance to shoot under a bit more favorable conditions soon.

f13 - 1/100th - iso 100 @ 1200mm

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49196869291_385d029051_h.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/2hXm​Pfk  (external link) Waxing Gibbous (external link) by Gene (external link), on Flickr

Timphoto
Creme de la Curmudgeon
9,435 posts
Gallery: 110 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Apr 2008

Dec 09, 2019 22:20 |  #35504

Excellent Signature!

Tim

LeeRatters
Cream of the Crop
5,373 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Aug 2009

Dec 10, 2019 00:22 |  #35505

itsallart wrote in post #18972713 (external link)

AnnieMacD wrote in post #18972716 (external link)
Lee, what Renata said!

Thank you both. My other half liked this one a lot too. Maybe I should listen more often....

>> Flickr << (external link)

>> Instagram<< (external link)

sponsored links

5,138,160 views & 83,577 likes for this thread
Sony Lounge Thread MKIII (All Sony cameras welcome)
FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.