Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras 
Thread started 09 Jun 2017 (Friday) 10:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sony Lounge Thread MKIII (All Sony cameras welcome)

itsallart
Cream of the Crop
10,543 posts
Gallery: 1049 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Jan 2015

Feb 13, 2020 19:21 |  #37291

digital_AM wrote in post #19008677 (external link)
So yesterday was sort of eventful. Last week I had a bit of chest pain on left side. It went away but yesterday woke up with numbness and tingling in my left arm. I went to the ER to get checked out. EKG, CT scan, and blood work all came back normal which was a huge relief. Doctor said it was likely Paresthesia. I've never heard of that. It's essentially tingling or prickling, “pins-and-needles” sensation; usually temporary, often occurring in the arms, hands, legs, or feet. I'm glad my heart are ok and that peace of mind was worth the ER visit. Maybe I have too much stress and that is causing paresthesia but not sure. Anyway, I wanted to share in case anyone was in a similar situation. Best thing to do is get it checked out just to make sure.

Holy cow, Alfredo! I'm glad it all worked out fine for you. Good thing is that you're not one of those guys in denial who think they are invincible and indestructible as I (silly old woman) used to think of myself until one day...

Renata
Seeing lights and shadows is an art :)
Renata Sharman (external link)Tanami Muse (external link)
500px (external link)
Etsy Store (external link)

sponsored links
navydoc
Cream of the Crop
13,717 posts
Gallery: 205 photos
Joined Oct 2009

Feb 13, 2020 20:11 |  #37292

rantercsr wrote in post #19008958 (external link)
the following were experimental..

I had a portrait session a couple of days ago.. there were 2 looks and 2 main settings .

this 3rd one was a quick throw in at the end .. I'm looking to create a spooky/haunted look here but wasn't sure how it would work as far as lighting

so these two shots are purely lit by the candelabra she is holding ..

.. so yes i'll need to add some lighting , while they came out ok I need to add just the slightest bit of light or the shadows are way too dark or the highlights blown out..

its a work in progress for a future project i'm developing

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/2it1​bWu  (external link) DSC02021-Edit (external link) by Randall Herrera (external link), on Flickr

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/2isZ​3Ym  (external link) DSC02034-Edit (external link) by Randall Herrera (external link), on Flickr

Maybe try projecting dark shadows on the wall behind her "Film Noir" style. Venitian blinds are often used as the projected shadows but many other items can be equally effective.

Gene - My Photo Gallery || (external link) My USS Oriskany website (external link) || My Flickr (external link)
Take nothing but photos - leave nothing but footprints - break nothing but silence - kill nothing but time.

Dlee13
Goldmember
4,458 posts
Gallery: 648 photos
Joined Apr 2012

Feb 13, 2020 20:13 |  #37293

idsurfer wrote in post #19008908 (external link)
I watched a few of his vids and thought he was acted pretty cocky but in reality was kinda weird and dorky. So what if he makes nice portraits....so do thousands of other people out there. I was unimpressed.

Yeah I never thought his work was anything special, I was never really a fan of him but did find it strange he stopped showing up in search results and now I know why!

Sony Alpha A7III - Sony FE 24mm f/1.4 GM - Sony FE 35mm f/1.8
Sony FE 85mm f/1.8 - Sony FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro
Canon EOS M5 - Canon EF-M 32mm f/1.4 - Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 - Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM

Website (external link) / flickr (external link) | Twitter (external link)

Dlee13
Goldmember
4,458 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Feb 13, 2020 20:13 |  #37294

So CP+ has been cancelled due to Coronavirus

https://petapixel.com …due-to-coronavirus-fears/ (external link)

Canon EOS M5 - Canon EF-M 32mm f/1.4 - Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 - Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
13,717 posts
Gallery: 205 photos
Joined Oct 2009

Feb 13, 2020 20:14 |  #37295

MedicineMan4040 wrote in post #19009007 (external link)
I have 544 days 20 hours 29 mins and 54 secs left of stress.

And then you retire? Heck, you might have time to take a trip once in a while once you've retired. :lol:

Gene - My Photo Gallery || (external link) My USS Oriskany website (external link) || My Flickr (external link)
Take nothing but photos - leave nothing but footprints - break nothing but silence - kill nothing but time.

Dlee13
Goldmember
4,458 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Feb 13, 2020 20:17 |  #37296

The FE 20mm f/1.8 appears to be confirmed now too, not sure when the announcement will be.

digital_AM
Cream of the Crop
8,001 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 13, 2020 22:11 |  #37297

navydoc wrote in post #19008953 (external link)
Great to hear it was nothing serious Alfredo and that you took the precaution to go have yourself checked out.

Thanks Gene. Glad I know it wasn't life threatening.

TRhoads wrote in post #19008989 (external link)
And stress and lack of sleep are two things I deal with all the time....my cardiologist said that just the day before...a guy my age, in the same profession was in for the exact same reason....

Yep, me too. My goal is to sleep 8 hours a night and meditate more. Less screen time and cut back on editing images a bit.

MedicineMan4040 wrote in post #19009007 (external link)
I have 544 days 20 hours 29 mins and 54 secs left of stress.

:) Yep!

itsallart wrote in post #19009038 (external link)
Holy cow, Alfredo! I'm glad i all worked out fine for you. Good thing is that you're not one of those guys in denial who think they are invincible and indestructible as I (silly old woman) used to think of myself until one day...

Appreciate it! I thought about not going to get checked out but came to my senses. I guess this is all part of growing older.

digital_AM
Cream of the Crop
8,001 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010
Post edited 15 days ago by digital_AM.

Feb 13, 2020 22:14 |  #37298

Back to some photography. I edited this last Sunday but wasn't happy so I sat on it. I finished it tonight.

Full moon rising over red rocks in winter.

Shot with the FE 100-400 GM (still working to get sharper images in the field)

IMAGE: https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-SpFnsNr/0/3b2e007a/O/i-SpFnsNr.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://www.alfredomor​aphoto.com …oads/n-mNp4Hr/i-SpFnsNr/A  (external link)

LeeRatters
Cream of the Crop
5,382 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Aug 2009

Feb 14, 2020 00:24 |  #37299

digital_AM wrote in post #19008888 (external link)
Lee, I may have mentioned this before but your images remind me a lot of Simon Baxter's work. I called him the master of trees. You're doing a great job with capturing those types of scenes.

Thank you! :) That's a very nice compliment! I guess I forced myself into this environment a couple of years ago. Mainly because we have a rubbish local coast for water colour and no local mountains, big waterfalls, etc That leaves mainly woodland and a bit of countryside with a few hills. I have certainly improved over that time for sure.

>> Flickr << (external link)

>> Instagram<< (external link)

DBNissan
Goldmember
1,072 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Mar 2010

Feb 14, 2020 00:46 |  #37300

Dlee13 wrote in post #19009080 (external link)
Yeah I never thought his work was anything special, I was never really a fan of him but did find it strange he stopped showing up in search results and now I know why!

His departure from Sony was before the scandal started. He told us at the workshop I attended that he wanted to expand into non Sony gear knowing that Nikon and Canon were going to be releasing mirrorless cameras. He wanted to change the direction of his channel so it was less Sony biased. That was June of 2018 and he had already been removed from the Sony website about a month or two months prior. That was when I got to see the Sigma 105 first hand.

~Dan
Instagram (external link)
Facebook Page (external link)

Eddie
xpfloyd lookalike
13,227 posts
Gallery: 619 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Feb 2011

Feb 14, 2020 01:57 |  #37301

navydoc wrote in post #19008957 (external link)
If you haven't tried it yet, and I'm pretty sure you have, I'd recommend Tanqueray No. Ten with lime. I do happen to have some at my bar too. ;-)a

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/Bkhr​ci  (external link) Tanqueray No. Ten (external link) by Gene (external link), on Flickr

My second fav gin! (My fav is Brockmans)

α7R III | Mavic 2 Pro | Osmo Pocket | GoPro Hero 7 Black

Dlee13
Goldmember
4,458 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Feb 14, 2020 03:00 |  #37302

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49533530191_021189b0ac_h.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/2it7​hNB  (external link) Valentines (external link) by Daniel Lee (external link)

Dlee13
Goldmember
4,458 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Feb 14, 2020 03:28 |  #37303

DBNissan wrote in post #19009177 (external link)
His departure from Sony was before the scandal started. He told us at the workshop I attended that he wanted to expand into non Sony gear knowing that Nikon and Canon were going to be releasing mirrorless cameras. He wanted to change the direction of his channel so it was less Sony biased. That was June of 2018 and he had already been removed from the Sony website about a month or two months prior. That was when I got to see the Sigma 105 first hand.

From what I could see in the timeline, he got dropped by Sony in 2017/18 I think and the main news broke in 2019.
Interesting to hear that as he never did do that and everything just dropped off with him.

One of the reasons I would be inclined to believe the victims is, outside of the photography world no one would have a clue who he is. The guy isn’t worth tens of millions of dollars so I don’t think there would be much of a financial motive either.

If you enjoyed his workshops then there’s nothing wrong with that either!

MedicineMan4040
The Magic Johnson of Cameras
20,022 posts
Gallery: 1879 photos
Joined Jul 2013

Feb 14, 2020 05:22 |  #37304

digital_AM wrote in post #19009136 (external link)
Back to some photography. I edited this last Sunday but wasn't happy so I sat on it. I finished it tonight.

Full moon rising over red rocks in winter.

Shot with the FE 100-400 GM (still working to get sharper images in the field)

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://www.alfredomor​aphoto.com …oads/n-mNp4Hr/i-SpFnsNr/A  (external link)

Very well presented, thought out, executed.
Love the overall results.
I assume you blended two shots.
Did you use Photopills or the android version for pre-knowledge of placement.
If not, where you are I'd add the app and start practicing with it.
10 star.

flickr (external link)
Vid Collection: https://www.youtube.co​m/user/medicineman4040 (external link)

MedicineMan4040
The Magic Johnson of Cameras
20,022 posts
Gallery: 1879 photos
Joined Jul 2013

Feb 14, 2020 05:25 |  #37305

Eddie wrote in post #19009185 (external link)
My second fav gin! (My fav is Brockmans)

OK Eddie. Gene.
We've always done the rock-gut Seagrams
but this weekend for a treat I'll look for Tenqueray or Brockman.

flickr (external link)
Vid Collection: https://www.youtube.co​m/user/medicineman4040 (external link)

sponsored links

5,156,261 views & 84,035 likes for this thread
Sony Lounge Thread MKIII (All Sony cameras welcome)
FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.