Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Wildlife 
Thread started 25 Aug 2006 (Friday) 23:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

American Robin (Thrush)

Nortelbert
Goldmember
1,312 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Nov 2004

Aug 25, 2006 23:24 |  #1

I like the DOF in this one, and the colours (no colour manipulation on this one)

This was from last year when I was (and still am) learning to take better photos. I surprised myself with the lack of noise and the decent focus.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links
misspix
Misscreant
32,636 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Aug 26, 2006 01:03 |  #2

I like your DOF, also. Well done!

Terri |GEAR| (external link) http://tinyurl.com/5qn​8sr (external link)
If you can't take the heat, don't tickle the dragon

ZekaG
Goldmember
1,276 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Aug 26, 2006 01:07 |  #3

Nice angle too.

Shoot with Canon!

Nortelbert
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,312 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Aug 26, 2006 09:41 |  #4

I was surprised it was such a good shot, this was at the far end of my 70-300 Sigma, the little guy was about 25 feet away

Anthony ­ J ­ Howe
Cream of the Crop
6,935 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Aug 26, 2006 11:53 |  #5

Maybe you probably haven't realized yet Nortelbert but this would do better in the bird forum.
You have a good focused shot of the American Robin showing good details and very nice colours. And an excellent catch-light to the eye.
Just a small suggestion though, when you compose the shot try to give a little more room to the left of this picture so we can see where the bird is looking because then the composition of the shot looks much better for the bird shot. If you cropped the photo then that can be retrievable.

Canon 5D + Canon 20D + Canon EOS 300

85mm EF 1:1.8, 24-105 L usm, EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM, Canon 50 mm F1.4 usm Sigma 70-200mm f1.2

Nortelbert
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,312 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Aug 26, 2006 14:04 as a reply to  @ Anthony J Howe's post |  #6

Anthony J Howe wrote:
Maybe you probably haven't realized yet Nortelbert but this would do better in the bird forum..

Yeah, I figured that out after posting; that's what happens when you post too close to bed time :-)

As for the composition, yes it is cropped. I'll post the a better crop on my web site later today and update when it's available.

sponsored links

1,333 views & 1 like for this thread
American Robin (Thrush)
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Wildlife 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.