Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 12 Mar 2020 (Thursday) 15:31
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Coronavirus General Discussion (no politics, no flamewars!)

this thread is locked
Pippan
Goldmember
2,528 posts
Gallery: 267 photos
Joined Oct 2015

Mar 20, 2020 12:03 |  #406

Pippan wrote in post #19029882 (external link)
Australia's Northern Territory, an area a bit bigger than California, Arizona and Texas combined, has just, in the last few minutes, reported its second case of Covid-19. The first was a week or so ago, a man flew in from Sydney with it. This one arrived from overseas a few days ago. Our Chief Minister is trying to find out if he can close the NT's borders.

Several hours after posting this NT confirmed its 3rd case, a woman who flew in from Brisbane on the same flight I got my daughter home on. Great! :rolleyes:

No expectations,
no disappointments.

sponsored links
itsallart
Cream of the Crop
10,891 posts
Gallery: 1075 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Jan 2015

Mar 20, 2020 12:14 |  #407

Pippan wrote in post #19030198 (external link)
Several hours after posting this NT confirmed its 3rd case, a woman who flew in from Brisbane on the same flight I got my daughter home on. Great! :rolleyes:

Oh, no! I hope your daughter stays well and self-isolate just in case! Keeping my fingers crossed for all involved!

Renata
Seeing lights and shadows is an art :)
Renata Sharman (external link)Tanami Muse (external link)
500px (external link)
Etsy Store (external link)

Pippan
Goldmember
2,528 posts
Joined Oct 2015

Mar 20, 2020 12:15 |  #408

itsallart wrote in post #19030201 (external link)
Oh, no! I hope your daughter stays well and self-isolate just in case! Keeping my fingers crossed for all involved!

Thanks Renata, and yes we're all isolated now.

No expectations,
no disappointments.

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
43,065 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Post edited 2 months ago by Wilt. (2 edits in all)

Mar 20, 2020 12:25 |  #409

Naturalist wrote in post #19030081 (external link)
Perhaps a staggered approach may be seen as better in two ways.

1. The containment emphasis is placed where it is most needed.

2. Allows time for other to wake up and get their preps in order as, yes, you may be next.

It is odd, however, that each day the Governor's reaction stance increased rather than waiting a couple of weeks to see if his previous actions were effective, or not.

Increasingly scientists have done more and more projections based upon actual data, and become more and more alarmed.
Increasingly Newsom has seen more and more projections based upon actual data, and become more and more alarmed.
Increasingly even Trump has seen more and more projections based upon actual data, and become more and more alarmed.

One has only to look at a medically advanced country like Italy, and seen it mushroom...Around Feb 15 Italy had its first 3 cases. Today, Italy has had almost 41000 cases, coronavirus spreads that fast. And they have had 3405 deaths...8.3% of those infected in Italy have died! This, in a medically advanced country! One doctor believes the high percentage of cases ending in death is due to its demographics...the median ago of hospital patients is about 67, whereas the median age in Germany is almost 20 years younger...and mortality more greatly affects the older population.

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

Capn ­ Jack
Goldmember
3,707 posts
Gallery: 1639 photos
Joined Mar 2010

Mar 20, 2020 12:31 |  #410

I'm still getting junk calls.

I guess the telemarketers can work from home, or they are allowed in their offices.

That's one group whom I don't mind if the contract the virus. :twisted:

itsallart
Cream of the Crop
10,891 posts
Joined Jan 2015

Mar 20, 2020 12:32 |  #411

To brighten up the mood again, just shot this flower as my contribution to all who are under "house arrest" and all affected in whatever way it may be :love:

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Renata
500px (external link)

Capn ­ Jack
Goldmember
3,707 posts
Gallery: 1639 photos
Joined Mar 2010

Mar 20, 2020 12:32 |  #412

Pippan wrote in post #19030203 (external link)
Thanks Renata, and yes we're all isolated now.

Best wishes from me, too.

Pippan
Goldmember
2,528 posts
Joined Oct 2015

Mar 20, 2020 12:34 |  #413

Capn Jack wrote in post #19030223 (external link)
Best wishes from me, too.

Thanks Capn.

No expectations,
no disappointments.

TustinMike
figment of our collective imaginations
4,518 posts
Gallery: 212 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Mar 20, 2020 12:37 |  #414

itsallart wrote in post #19030222 (external link)
To brighten up the mood again, just shot this flower as my contribution to all who are under "house arrest" and all affected in whatever way it may be :love:
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by itsallart in
./showthread.php?p=190​30222&i=i96353824
forum: The Lounge

Beautiful !

Stay well everybody !

I'm mainly here for the snacks

itsallart
Cream of the Crop
10,891 posts
Joined Jan 2015

Mar 20, 2020 12:44 as a reply to  @ Capn Jack's post |  #415

Thank you Captn.

Renata
500px (external link)

itsallart
Cream of the Crop
10,891 posts
Joined Jan 2015

Mar 20, 2020 12:44 |  #416

TustinMike wrote in post #19030227 (external link)
Beautiful !

Stay well everybody !

Thanks, Mike!

Renata
500px (external link)

Wilt
43,065 posts
Joined Aug 2005
Post edited 2 months ago by Wilt. (3 edits in all)

Mar 20, 2020 12:57 |  #417

Apricane wrote in post #19030085 (external link)
I live on the Quebec side of the capital region.

Thankfully, as of this morning, apparently there were only 17 cases altogether in the region, with 2 more in relatively more distant towns, all travel-related. Hopefully we won't have too many bad news in the days to come.

Consider this, about what has happened in Santa Clara County CA, at the southern tip of the San Francisco Bay

• On Feb 1, Santa Clara County had its first case
  • On Feb 8, SCC had 2 cases
  • On Feb 17, SCC still had only 2 cases
  • On Feb 25, SCC still had only 2 cases
  • On Mar 3, SCC had 11 cases, and 1 death (death in 9.1% of cases)
  • On Mar 10, SCC had 45 cases, and 1 death (death in 2.2% of cases)
  • On Mar 17, SCC had 155 cases, and 4 deaths (death in 2.6% of cases)
  • On Mar 20 (merely 3 days later!), SCC had 189 cases, and 6 deaths (death in 3.2% of cases)

...you could be where Santa Clara County CA was, about Mar 4-5, and things might well accelerate in a similar progression!

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

Canonuser123
831 posts
Gallery: 39 photos
Joined Dec 2014

Mar 20, 2020 13:00 |  #418

Wilt wrote in post #19030213 (external link)
Increasingly scientists have done more and more projections based upon actual data, and become more and more alarmed.
Increasingly Newsom has seen more and more projections based upon actual data, and become more and more alarmed.
Increasingly even Trump has seen more and more projections based upon actual data, and become more and more alarmed.

One has only to look at a medically advanced country like Italy, and seen it mushroom...Around Feb 15 Italy had its first 3 cases. Today, Italy has had almost 41000 cases, coronavirus spreads that fast. And they have had 3405 deaths...8.3% of those infected in Italy have died! This, in a medically advanced country! One doctor believes the high percentage of cases ending in death is due to its demographics...the median ago of hospital patients is about 67, whereas the median age in Germany is almost 20 years younger...and mortality more greatly affects the older population.

Italy released their numbers for today and are now at over 47,000 cases and 627 new deaths bringing their total to 4032 deaths.

I hope everyone is taking this seriously now.

Wilt
43,065 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Mar 20, 2020 13:08 |  #419

digital paradise wrote in post #19030132 (external link)
It appears they all headed to the beach for spring break.

Certainly was that way in FL...Spring Break. In spite of 417 cases and 9 deaths in FL, the youth are 'invincible' and brush it off with 'if I get sick, I will get over it', and ignore the fact that they can spread disease to the elderly portion of the population who do not fare so well

Now need to find photos of how things have been in LA...LA County has one of the largest coronavirus counts in CA, currently 231 cases and 2 deaths. And now Gov. Newsom has the whole state on shelter-in-place.

Wilt
43,065 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Mar 20, 2020 13:19 |  #420

Canonuser123 wrote in post #19030238 (external link)
Italy released their numbers for today and are now at over 47,000 cases and 627 new deaths bringing their total to 4032 deaths.

I hope everyone is taking this seriously now.

Wow, the change in a single day...in fact I posted about Italy only 13 hours ago, when it was 41000 cases and 3405 deaths, 8.3% mortality
Now it is 47021 cases and 4032 deaths, 8.57% mortality!

sponsored links

72,941 views & 1,498 likes for this thread
Coronavirus General Discussion (no politics, no flamewars!)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.