Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 25 Mar 2020 (Wednesday) 11:15
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Corona Virus 2 - what are you up to?

FstopMiami123
Goldmember
2,698 posts
Gallery: 104 photos
Joined Nov 2008

Mar 25, 2020 17:55 |  #16

Cabin fever side effects......

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Canon 5DSr Canon 5D MK2 17-40 L 16-35 2.8 L Canon 70-200 2.8 IS L Canon 300 2.8 LCanon 50mm 1.8 Canon 85mm 1.8Canon 600EX
www.CollsFineArtPhotog​raphy.com (external link)

sponsored links
RhodyPhotos
Goldmember
1,203 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Jun 2014

Mar 25, 2020 17:56 |  #17

digital paradise wrote in post #19033530 (external link)
No I don't. We starting winter there. Last 3 years, 4 to 6 weeks. We drive past Almancil regularly. Im getting to know that whole area so well we only used the GPS maybe 3 times this past February. If you ever go back I have some suggestions.

We would absolutely love to go back. That was one of the best vacations we have ever had. If that happens I shall absolutely pick your brains! :-)

CC always welcome.

Perfectly ­ Frank
I'm too sexy for my lens
4,788 posts
Gallery: 70 photos
Joined Oct 2010

Mar 25, 2020 19:02 |  #18

Tom Reichner wrote in post #19033512 (external link)
And so, oddly enough, the main effect that the coronavirus has had on me, personally, is that I get to go on a great trip that I wouldn't be able to do otherwise. . I love how something good can come from something bad ...... things are never completely negative. . No matter how bad they are, there is always at least a little bit of good to be had somewhere in the situation.

Yup, and another good thing for you...when you get back from your trip, think of how much extra money you'll make picking up bodies.

When you see my camera gear you'll think I'm a pro.
When you see my photos you'll know that I'm not.

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
42,790 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005

Mar 25, 2020 19:06 |  #19

Perfectly Frank wrote in post #19033580 (external link)
Yup, and another good thing for you...when you get back from your trip, think of how much extra money you'll make picking up bodies.

Tom is a 'piece worker' ?! vmad

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

Capn ­ Jack
Goldmember
3,425 posts
Gallery: 1538 photos
Joined Mar 2010

Mar 25, 2020 19:17 |  #20

If you are stuck at home, do your part to get your revenge on this virus!

Help solve the protein structures in SARS-CoVid-19:
https://fold.it/ (external link)

Knowing the structure of a protein is key to understanding how it works and to targeting it with drugs. A small protein can consist of 100 amino acids, while some human proteins can be huge (1000 amino acids). The number of different ways even a small protein can fold is astronomical because there are so many degrees of freedom. Figuring out which of the many, many possible structures is the best one is regarded as one of the hardest problems in biology today and current methods take a lot of money and time, even for computers. Foldit attempts to predict the structure of a protein by taking advantage of humans' puzzle-solving intuitions and having people play competitively to fold the best proteins.

Perfectly ­ Frank
I'm too sexy for my lens
4,788 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Mar 26, 2020 00:26 |  #21

I was thinking about my last post.
It was crude and insulting to Tom.
I apologize.

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
14,811 posts
Gallery: 160 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008

Mar 26, 2020 00:34 |  #22

Perfectly Frank wrote in post #19033580 (external link)

Perfectly Frank wrote in post #19033682 (external link)
I was thinking about my last post.
It was crude and insulting to Tom.
I apologize.

No apology needed, Frank. . I didn't take it in an insult, and I didn't find it offensive at all. . My friends and family members are constantly making jokes like that - I hear those types of comments every day, and they are always meant in a lighthearted, humorous manner.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

Perfectly ­ Frank
I'm too sexy for my lens
4,788 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Mar 26, 2020 00:37 |  #23

Thanks, Tom.

KT29
Goldmember
3,173 posts
Gallery: 187 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Mar 26, 2020 09:25 |  #24

Thankfully our liquor stores are essential here so I can continue to self medicate.ߘ0ߘ

Terry

Wilt
42,790 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Mar 26, 2020 09:48 |  #25

KT29 wrote in post #19033846 (external link)
Thankfully our liquor stores are essential here so I can continue to self medicate.ߘ0ߘ

151 proof rum is used as a hand sanitizer, and also sanitizes internally  :p

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
14,811 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Mar 26, 2020 12:46 |  #26

Wilt wrote in post #19033860 (external link)
151 proof rum is used as a hand sanitizer, and also sanitizes internally  :p

So then snorting it up deep into your sinuses will provide the greatest measure of safety against the virus.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

Wilt
42,790 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Mar 26, 2020 12:51 |  #27

Tom Reichner wrote in post #19033989 (external link)
So then snorting it up deep into your sinuses will provide the greatest measure of safety against the virus.

The problem is that is rather painful in the sinuses. If you drink it, while washing your hands with it, and THEN snort it, the realization of pain is diminished.

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
14,811 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Mar 26, 2020 13:59 |  #28

digital paradise wrote in post #19033304 (external link)

Here is something that we are "up to" here in my very small, rural town:

Below is an email that our church secretary just sent to everyone in the church, except for the pastor and his family. . We had had a huge birthday party planned for him next weekend - with 70 people invited! . And that is truly a huge gathering for a tiny little redneck community like ours.

But of course the party had to be cancelled due to my state's "Stay at Home" order. . So this is what they're planning to do in lieu of the party, and to still abide by the state order and maintain the proper distancing protocol:

Hello OFBC Family,

First of all, I hope everyone is doing OK and coping well with the unprecedented situation we are in with the coronavirus. There are serious concerns out there that we are all dealing with, and I truly hope if you have needs, that you would voice those to your church family so we can help!

That being said, there is a small matter of our Pastor turning 50 on April 6th and what we can all do about that. I literally just listened to Governor Inslee on his conference say that we can "go for a drive," so we are hoping to have a birthday parade converge at 4:30pm on April 6th and drive by Pastor John's office to wish him a happy birthday.

Here are the developing plans:

1. Make some funny signs or paint some wishes on your car windows to poke fun at Pastor John. Tape some balloons or streamers on your car. Get creative :)

2. Find some funny songs or music you can play from your car, or plan to sing or wish him happy birthday out your window as you drive by.

3. For traffic's sake, cars should all show up on the north side of the church on Ridge Drive (turn by the landromat) and we will start driving up to his office at 4:30, take a turn by his door to deliver our greetings, and then exit the parking lot to the right going south.

John and Angie aren't on this thread, so please don't tell them of our plans, it's a surprise!

If there is a need to forgo this activity due to the "Stay Home, Stay Healthy" orders we're all under, we'll let you know!

God Bless you all,

J.

Wilt
42,790 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Mar 26, 2020 14:18 as a reply to  @ Tom Reichner's post |  #29

Instead of each car playing music, you could have a

Drive By, Tooting!

gjl711
"spouting off stupid things"
55,737 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Mar 26, 2020 14:26 |  #30

Wilt wrote in post #19034047 (external link)
Drive By, Tooting!

Um.. Drive by Tootin is what happens when you try and crop-dust but let a noisy slip out. :):)

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

sponsored links

1,051 views & 42 likes for this thread
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.