Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 26 Aug 2006 (Saturday) 16:03
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

tamron 24-135

steunited
187 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Aug 26, 2006 16:03 |  #1

just wondered if anyone had the tamron 24-135 and what they think of it.
i have just ordered one having read good reports about it.
thanks
steve

5D classic,60D, 17-40 f4L, 24-105 f4L ,canon 70-200 2.8L,tamron 150-600,canon 100mm macro,speedlite 430 ex,lowepro minitrekker

condyk
Africa's #1 Tour Guide
20,886 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Aug 26, 2006 16:13 |  #2

I nearly bought one ages ago and remember it had good reviews. I doubt you'll be disappointed. There are lots of lenses never mentioned here that do a great job.

https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1203740

mrfourcows
Goldmember
2,108 posts
Joined May 2006

Aug 27, 2006 02:37 as a reply to  @ condyk's post |  #3

i love mine for holidays. as i like to travel light for holidays, i usually bring this for my daytime shooting and turn to a prime for night shooting.

gear | flickr (external link)

galleybob
101 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jan 27, 2009 13:10 |  #4

I know this is an old thread but I just bought this lens. I paid $290 used and I think for the money it is good. I had thought hard about a Canon 24-105 IS but they are around $800 used and I did not want to spend that much for a family and friends lens. I find the focal length to be ideal for me and it is sharp. The colors are good. You can get a Canon 28-135 used for less money and it has IS so that may be a better deal. I read a lot of reviews of this lens and the consensus is that it is better than the 28-135 IS. I would rather have 24 mm on my XSI.
Bob

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,413 views & 0 likes for this thread
tamron 24-135
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.