Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 26 Sep 2005 (Monday) 09:27
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Whats Your Favorite Joke? (Please don't report bad jokes)

Jonzjob
in the land of Donald Duck
2,740 posts
Gallery: 194 photos
Joined Apr 2012
Location: Ex Nr Carcassonne S France. Now NW Wiltshire, Blighty

May 18, 2020 16:57 |  #9271

Which one -?

My ambition for a good while is to grow old disgracefully. So far my wife tells me that I am doing really well!
https://johnamandiers.​wixsite.com/johns-w-o-w-1 (external link)
John.

sponsored links
Pippan
Goldmember
3,903 posts
Gallery: 469 photos
Joined Oct 2015

May 19, 2020 01:06 |  #9272

My therapist told me I have trouble verbalising my emotions. I can't say I'm surprised.

The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago.
The second best time is now.

NixEre
Goldmember
2,088 posts
Gallery: 478 photos
Joined Oct 2013

May 19, 2020 02:18 |  #9273

Jonzjob wrote in post #19065355 (external link)
Which one -?

Diode - :-D

___
Nic
One day I'll take the photo I thought I had taken ...

soeren
"only intermitent functional"
942 posts
Joined Nov 2017
Post edited over 1 year ago by soeren. (2 edits in all)

May 19, 2020 04:13 |  #9274

Jonzjob wrote in post #19065015 (external link)
Just a couple more alternative meanings?

Diode. - a Welsh poem

Don Juan. - the present US president has been re-elected

Transmission. - sex change

I thought that was something religious like a new order of nunks in Thailand

If history has proven anything. it's that evolution always wins!!

Jonzjob
2,740 posts
Joined Apr 2012

May 20, 2020 05:54 |  #9275

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

My ambition for a good while is to grow old disgracefully. So far my wife tells me that I am doing really well!
John.

Inse
Goldmember
1,587 posts
Gallery: 42 photos
Joined Dec 2007

May 20, 2020 09:13 |  #9276

...Dear Mom & Dad,

I am very well, I hope you are too. Tell big brothers Sean, Paddy and Mick that the Army is better than working on the farm; tell them to get into the Army quick before the jobs
are all gone.
I was a bit slow settling down at first because you don't get out of bed until 6am, but I got used to it and I like sleeping in now. All you do before breakfast is make your bed, shine your boots and clean your uniform. No cows to milk, no calves to feed, no feed to stack, nothing. Men must shave, but it’s not too bad because there's hot water and a light to see what you’re doing. For breakfast there’s cereal, fruit and eggs but there's no fillet steaks or sausages. You don't get fed again until noon, and by that time all the city boys are buggered because we've been on a 'route march', which is just like walking to the well in the meadow.
This will kill Sean and Paddy with laughter but I keep getting medals for shooting!! I don’t know why because the bull’s-eye is as big as a bloody bull's head and it doesn't move and it’s not firing back at you like the Murphy’s did when our bull got their cow in calf before the Ballina show. All you have to do is make yourself comfortable and hit the target - piece of piss. You don't even load your own cartridges – they come in boxes and you don't have to steady yourself against the roll bar of the tractor when you reload. Sometimes we wrestle with the city boys and I have to be very careful because they break easy - it's not like fighting with Sean, Paddy, Mick and all the other local fellas all at once like we do.

Turns out I'm not a bad boxer either; it looks like I'm the best the platoon's got. I've only been beaten once by this guy from Dallas - he's 6 foot 8 and 320 pounds, so he’s a good bit bigger than me but I fought to the end.
I can't complain about the Army - tell the boys to get in quick before word gets out how good it is.

Your loving daughter,
Maria.

RAY
So far, this is the oldest I've ever been :cool:
http://inse-photography.smugmug.co​m/ (external link)

DTBaan
"male gigolo"
14,602 posts
Gallery: 47 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Apr 2011

May 20, 2020 21:46 |  #9277

I tried taking some high resolution photos of a local farmland... they all turned out a bit grainy.

Buckeye1
Goldmember
3,662 posts
Gallery: 89 photos
Joined May 2005

May 20, 2020 22:28 |  #9278

A new pastor was visiting in the homes of his parishioners.

At one house, it seemed obvious that someone was at home, but no answer came to his repeated knocks at the door.

He took out a business card, wrote 'Revelation 3:20' on the back of it and stuck it in the door.

When the offering was processed the following Sunday, he found that his card had been returned. Added to it was this cryptic message, 'Genesis 3:10..'

Reaching for his Bible to check out the citation, he broke up in gales of laughter.

Revelation 3:20 begins 'Behold, I stand at the door and knock.'

Genesis 3:10 reads, 'I heard your voice in the garden and I was afraid for I was naked.'

Tronhard
943 posts
Gallery: 440 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2020
Post edited over 1 year ago by Tronhard.

May 21, 2020 02:10 |  #9279

For years a border patrol agent, who was working the afternoon and evening shift on the US/Mexican border would see a Mexican citizen return to his home after working in the US for the day. He became suspicious and finally convinced that the fellow was carrying contraband, but each time he searched the man and his bicycle he found nothing. His managers commented that there was little ability for him to conceal anything.

Eventually the guard retired and went on vacation to Mexico. There he encountered the man he had so often searched. He invited the man to share a drink with him, and during their discussion they realized they were both retired. Desperate to answer his nagging suspicion he asked the man if he had indeed been bringing contraband from the USA. The man agreed that he had. "What were you smuggling?" he asked. "Bicycles" replied the Mexican.

"All the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
We aren't remembered for the gear we use, rather the quality of the images we create. Me...

Jonzjob
2,740 posts
Joined Apr 2012

May 21, 2020 02:17 |  #9280

Family photo

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

John.

PhotosGuy
Cream of the Crop
75,941 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2004

May 21, 2020 12:18 |  #9281

Jonzjob wrote in post #19066601 (external link)
Family photo

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Jonzjob in
./showthread.php?p=190​66601&i=i197500074
forum: The Lounge

Say "Jabnah"!
; D

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1600 pixels on any side.

Gregsiem
Goldmember
1,512 posts
Gallery: 102 photos
Joined May 2008

May 21, 2020 14:22 |  #9282

Jonzjob wrote in post #19066601 (external link)
Family photo

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Jonzjob in
./showthread.php?p=190​66601&i=i197500074
forum: The Lounge

I am not sure we would look that different now with all our Covid masks !

Inse
Goldmember
1,587 posts
Gallery: 42 photos
Joined Dec 2007

May 23, 2020 09:57 |  #9283

A bakery owner hires a young female shop assistant who liked to wear very short skirts and thong panties. One day a young man enters the store, glances at the shop assistant and at the loaves of bread behind the counter.
Noticing her short skirt and the location of the raisin bread, he has a brilliant idea.
“I'd like some raisin bread please," the man says.
The shop assistant nods and climbs up a ladder to reach the raisin bread located on the very top shelf.
The man standing almost directly beneath her is provided with an excellent view, just as he thought. When she descends the ladder, he decides that he had better get two loaves.
As the shop assistant retrieves the second loaf of bread, one of the other male customers notices what's going on and requests his own loaf of raisin bread.
After many trips she is tired and irritated and begins to wonder, why the unusual interest in the raisin bread?
Atop the ladder one more time, she looks down and glares at the men standing below.
Then, she notices an elderly man standing amongst the crowd.
Thinking that she can save herself another trip, she yells at the elderly man, "Is it raisin for you too?"
“No," stammers the old man, "but it's quivering a little."

RAY
So far, this is the oldest I've ever been :cool:
http://inse-photography.smugmug.co​m/ (external link)

Archibald
You must be quackers!
12,264 posts
Gallery: 557 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined May 2008

May 23, 2020 15:19 |  #9284

My first post in this thread... found this one in the dusty archives.

Guy walks into a bar, sits down, slaps fifty bucks on the counter and says to the bartender, "I want a beer and I want to make a bet."

Bartender gets him his beer. "Here's your beer... now what's the bet?"

Guy says, "I bet you that fifty bucks that I can bite my eyeball."

Bartender figures, hey no chance of losing and agrees.

Guy reaches up, whips out his glass eye and chomps on it. Bartender pays him $50, he finishes his beer and walks out.

Next week, same guy walks in, sits down, slaps a $50 on the counter and says, "I wanna beer and I want to make a bet."

Bartender gets him his beer, and asks what the bet is this week. Guy says, "I bet you that $50 I can bite my other eye."

Bartender figures there's no way the guy's got two glass eyes, so he takes the bet. Guy takes out his false teeth, reaches up and chomps on his other eye. Bartender pays him $50, he finishes his beer and walks out.

Another week goes by. Same guy comes back, with four friends this time. They sit at a table and order a round of drinks. The guy goes up to the bar and puts $100 on the counter.

"What's this?" asks the bartender. "Double or nothin' time?"

"That's right", says the guy. "I bet you that $100 I can stand here on your bar and piss clear across the room into a shot glass and not spill a drop."

"Yeah, right," says the bartender. "There's no way. You're on."

So the guy climbs on to the bar, aims across the room and starts going. He's makin' one hell of a mess, spraying all over the place, not getting any in the shot glass. The bartender's killing himself laughing at this one. Guy finishes, climbs down, and bartender says, "Hah, I knew you couldn't do it! Where's my $100?"

"Go ahead and laugh," says the guy. "Here's your hundred. But see those guys over there?" pointing to his friends. "I bet each of them $100 I could walk in here, piss all over the place, and not get thrown out!"

Canon R5, Canon 90D, assorted Canon lenses, Sony RX10 IV
I'm Ed. C&C always welcome. Picture editing OK. Donate to POTN here
I'm probably listening to the Beethoven Channel (external link).

Jonzjob
2,740 posts
Joined Apr 2012

May 23, 2020 16:37 |  #9285

Archibald wrote in post #19067924 (external link)
My first post in this thread... found this one in the dusty archives.

Guy walks into a bar, sits down, slaps fifty bucks on the counter and says to the bartender, "I want a beer and I want to make a bet."

Bartender gets him his beer. "Here's your beer... now what's the bet?"

Guy says, "I bet you that fifty bucks that I can bite my eyeball."

Bartender figures, hey no chance of losing and agrees.

Guy reaches up, whips out his glass eye and chomps on it. Bartender pays him $50, he finishes his beer and walks out.

Next week, same guy walks in, sits down, slaps a $50 on the counter and says, "I wanna beer and I want to make a bet."

Bartender gets him his beer, and asks what the bet is this week. Guy says, "I bet you that $50 I can bite my other eye."

Bartender figures there's no way the guy's got two glass eyes, so he takes the bet. Guy takes out his false teeth, reaches up and chomps on his other eye. Bartender pays him $50, he finishes his beer and walks out.

Another week goes by. Same guy comes back, with four friends this time. They sit at a table and order a round of drinks. The guy goes up to the bar and puts $100 on the counter.

"What's this?" asks the bartender. "Double or nothin' time?"

"That's right", says the guy. "I bet you that $100 I can stand here on your bar and piss clear across the room into a shot glass and not spill a drop."

"Yeah, right," says the bartender. "There's no way. You're on."

So the guy climbs on to the bar, aims across the room and starts going. He's makin' one hell of a mess, spraying all over the place, not getting any in the shot glass. The bartender's killing himself laughing at this one. Guy finishes, climbs down, and bartender says, "Hah, I knew you couldn't do it! Where's my $100?"

"Go ahead and laugh," says the guy. "Here's your hundred. But see those guys over there?" pointing to his friends. "I bet each of them $100 I could walk in here, piss all over the place, and not get thrown out!"

That really is taking the piss :-P:-P

John.

sponsored links

3,096,732 views & 4,802 likes for this thread
Whats Your Favorite Joke? (Please don't report bad jokes)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.