Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 09 Jul 2017 (Sunday) 11:46
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Thoughts on Canon 70-300 is usm ii "Nano"

duckster
Goldmember
1,587 posts
Gallery: 342 photos
Joined May 2017

Mar 10, 2020 14:11 |  #31

I have had this lens for a couple of years and really like it as lighter weight "walk around" alternative to the Canon 100-400L II. Seems to just fit on my old Rebel T3i

IMAGE: https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-LCsh3L7/0/24658f9b/XL/i-LCsh3L7-XL.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://troybracker.sm​ugmug.com …lbum/n-5zFbw6/i-LCsh3L7/A  (external link)

Tronhard
646 posts
Gallery: 302 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2020

Apr 03, 2020 19:37 |  #32

artsf wrote in post #18511681 (external link)
Doesn’t seem like we have a dedicated image thread for this lens so I’ll post here. Just completed my first vacation with this lens and I really like it. It is definitely better than the original version except built quality. It has the best video IS I’ve ever seen on any lens, let alone telephoto zoom. Much better than L version and quiet. For photos, I learned that it takes a couple of seconds to fully engage IS.
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by artsf in
./showthread.php?p=185​11681&i=i99039317
forum: Canon EF and EF-S Lenses

Perhaps you could add a post to my review of this lens:
https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1512387

Excellent BTW! :-)

"All the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
We aren't remembered for the gear we use, rather the quality of the images we create. Me...
Trevor

duckster
Goldmember
1,587 posts
Joined May 2017

May 28, 2020 12:49 |  #33

I continue to be impressed with this lens, given the price point. I use it often as a second lens/body for sports events when I need a second shooter

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.
Photo from duckster's gallery.

Tronhard
646 posts
Gallery: 302 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2020

May 29, 2020 18:49 |  #34

STRING OF PEARLS
Shot through my study window to a portable clothes line just in front, just after sunrise.

HOSTED PHOTO

We have been in drought for over 5 months now and are facing water restrictions as Auckland's reservoirs drop towards 40% - they are usually in the mid-70% range at this time.

This is our first long weekend since Easter and the last for 5 months. It is also the first holiday weekend since our lockdown restrictions were relaxed, so of course everyone wanted to get out of the city. However, in traditional fashion it is raining all weekend - not enough to ease our water problems (that will take weeks of solid rain) but it all helps. So we stayed home and have kept warm, dry and unstressed by traffic jams from holidaymakers.

BTW, we look like we are leading the world in managing COVID,

"All the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
We aren't remembered for the gear we use, rather the quality of the images we create. Me...
Trevor

duckster
Goldmember
1,587 posts
Joined May 2017

Jun 01, 2020 19:48 |  #35

Here is one with the 70-300 and old Canon T3i

HOSTED PHOTO

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

17,464 views & 20 likes for this thread
Thoughts on Canon 70-300 is usm ii "Nano"
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.