Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 26 May 2020 (Tuesday) 13:01
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

WORLDWIDE PHOTO WEEK: Part 713 - Show Us

joeseph
"smells like turd"
10,606 posts
Gallery: 168 photos
Joined Jan 2004

Jun 01, 2020 03:45 |  #16

Timphoto wrote in post #19072096 (external link)
Nothing much to show...spent a good part of the week chasing satellites and working on these antennas, cleaning connectors and updating the tracking software that steers the antennas.

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Timphoto in
./showthread.php?p=190​72096&i=i49496528
forum: Member Activities

very cool - B&W works really well there!

some fairly old canon camera stuff, canon lenses, Manfrotto "thingy", 1D MK II (broken), and an M5, along with a M6 destined for 720nm
TF posting: here :-)

sponsored links
Sibil
Cream of the Crop
10,411 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jun 01, 2020 06:12 |  #17

Levina de Ruijter wrote in post #19072007 (external link)
This is very beautiful, Sibil.

Thank you very much.
Here is another I photographed, a few days ago.

IMAGE: https://i.imgur.com/ReGkpnG.jpg

OldCrow
Goldmember
4,234 posts
Gallery: 180 photos
Joined Mar 2013

Jun 01, 2020 07:01 |  #18

OhLook wrote in post #19070778 (external link)
They look like bachelor's buttons with some petals missing. Might they be escapes from cultivation?

They are bachelor buttons per the NC wildflower guide. Not sure where they came from, we did not plant them.

Don
---------------
Canon SX50, Pentax K-5, Pentax K30, Fuji S2950

Timphoto
Creme de la Curmudgeon
9,647 posts
Gallery: 127 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Apr 2008

Jun 01, 2020 09:12 |  #19

joeseph wrote in post #19072155 (external link)
very cool - B&W works really well there!

Thank you Joeseph.

Tim

RhodyPhotos
Goldmember
1,258 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Jun 2014

Jun 01, 2020 10:39 |  #20

Playing a lot of board games, reading books, gardening. Trying to relax. Here is a pic of a board game from last night.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

CC always welcome.

KT29
Goldmember
3,246 posts
Gallery: 212 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Jun 01, 2020 17:06 |  #21

Decided to take the day off. Was tired of working, tired of my boss, the low pay and working conditions. Grabbed the camera and headed for the river. What a great morning. Saw lots of stuff and photographed a little of it.:-P:-P

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Terry -- The Squeaky wheel gets the grease, but sometimes it's just better
to Replace it.

joayne
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
13,280 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Jun 01, 2020 17:09 |  #22

Looks like an excellent day to me!

I like that boat...

joayne Contribute to POTN | Worldwide Photo Week

Please Quote the post to which you are responding.

KT29
Goldmember
3,246 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jun 01, 2020 17:32 |  #23

joayne wrote in post #19072463 (external link)
Looks like an excellent day to me!

I like that boat...

It was an excellent day. The boat belongs to the Fish and Game dept.. They are monitoring the sturgeon in the river.:-):-)

to Replace it.

Timphoto
Creme de la Curmudgeon
9,647 posts
Joined Apr 2008
Post edited 1 month ago by Timphoto.

Jun 01, 2020 17:57 |  #24

Reading, the other activity for the past week, actually the past 11 weeks. Other books were downloaded to my tablet E-reader.

If you're into poetry as well as photography, "Children of Grass" may interest you. The photographs in it were taken by a descendent of Walt
Whitman.

HOSTED PHOTO

Tim

OhLook
insufferably pedantic. I can live with that.
19,778 posts
Gallery: 74 photos
Joined Dec 2012

Jun 01, 2020 22:02 |  #25

I've been doing a lot of weeding. This is an area of (mostly) dried small grasses, waiting for me. :-(

The blue flowers are lobelia. If you plant lobelia, be sure you want it everywhere the second year and all years thereafter.

HOSTED PHOTO

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | Comments welcome

Grizz1
Goldmember
1,858 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Jun 01, 2020 22:26 |  #26

Good seeing the pics of participation. Tim, thanks for describing the antenna tower and the conversations you've had, that it interesting. Terry, like the outdoor scenery in your photos. Hope you can keep tabs on the buck and maybe get more shots in weeks ahead to see how he develops.
I couldn't get my act together all week, took pics with cell phone and can't find the connection to upload pics. They would be boring to most anyway, large painting project at my local school system, moving cattle to new pasture etc. I kept changing vehicles, car, truck, atv, cameras seemed to be in whatever I wasn't driving at the moment. And it rained, a lot, so always trying to protect gear to be safe. Was almost set to get serious, shut a door on my truck and the back glass shattered sending shards of glass all over the back seat and floor. Unload camera gear again and park truck inside out of rain, :-(. Busy week for me and I have no proof to show for it,:-)
Do appreciate seeing what others are up to and using your cameras to share. Wishing all a good week ahead.

Steve
2 Canon 60D's, 70D 18-135,-55-250, Sigma 150-500 OS,Sigma 50mm 1.4 ,Sigma 120-300 Sport,Sigma 10-20. 580EXII

KT29
Goldmember
3,246 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jun 01, 2020 22:49 |  #27

Grizz1 wrote in post #19072573 (external link)
Good seeing the pics of participation. Tim, thanks for describing the antenna tower and the conversations you've had, that it interesting. Terry, like the outdoor scenery in your photos. Hope you can keep tabs on the buck and maybe get more shots in weeks ahead to see how he develops.
I couldn't get my act together all week, took pics with cell phone and can't find the connection to upload pics. They would be boring to most anyway, large painting project at my local school system, moving cattle to new pasture etc. I kept changing vehicles, car, truck, atv, cameras seemed to be in whatever I wasn't driving at the moment. And it rained, a lot, so always trying to protect gear to be safe. Was almost set to get serious, shut a door on my truck and the back glass shattered sending shards of glass all over the back seat and floor. Unload camera gear again and park truck inside out of rain, :-(. Busy week for me and I have no proof to show for it,:-)
Do appreciate seeing what others are up to and using your cameras to share. Wishing all a good week ahead.

Stay safe Steve. Hope your weather straightens out for awhile. I don't imagine you've caught up from last year yet. Why the heck do windows have to break like that anyways? -?-?

to Replace it.

Timphoto
Creme de la Curmudgeon
9,647 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Jun 01, 2020 22:57 |  #28

Thanks Steve. Hope that next week is better for you.

Tim

OhLook
insufferably pedantic. I can live with that.
19,778 posts
Gallery: 74 photos
Joined Dec 2012

Jun 01, 2020 22:58 |  #29

I couldn't get my act together all week, took pics with cell phone and can't find the connection to upload pics. They would be boring to most anyway . . .

Surely no more boring than my few square feet of weeds!

It sounds like a rough week, Grizz, but a productive one. Too bad about the rain and the window.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | Comments welcome

joayne
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
13,280 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jun 02, 2020 02:01 |  #30

OhLook wrote in post #19072565 (external link)
I've been doing a lot of weeding. This is an area of (mostly) dried small grasses, waiting for me. :-(

The blue flowers are lobelia. If you plant lobelia, be sure you want it everywhere the second year and all years thereafter.
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by OhLook in
./showthread.php?p=190​72565&i=i163243424
forum: Member Activities

I've let sections of my backyard go "native" as my tortoises live there.. it is interesting what happens when we let nature take its' course ;)

joayne Contribute to POTN | Worldwide Photo Week

Please Quote the post to which you are responding.

sponsored links

1,132 views & 93 likes for this thread
WORLDWIDE PHOTO WEEK: Part 713 - Show Us
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.