Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 29 Apr 2020 (Wednesday) 23:31
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

A Small Creek Near Home

ShootTwice
45 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Joined Feb 2020
Post edited 10 months ago by ShootTwice.

Apr 29, 2020 23:31 |  #1

Went for a walk in a neighborhood near mine. Trying to make the best of this quarantine situation, when I have new gear to play with. I know I have so much room for improvement on everything from composition, to technical skills, to PP, but I have a hard time seeing it for myself without someone pointing it out. Sometimes I can't even tell if a shot is any good or not, which is how I feel about these. Thanks.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

C&C on any post ALWAYS welcome.
Canon 5DIV | Canon 16-35L IS | Canon 24-70L II | Canon 70-200L II 2.8 | Canon 50L | Canon 100L

sponsored links
texkam
"Just let me be a stupid photographer."
1,476 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Apr 30, 2020 01:15 |  #2

A ridge of mountains in Dallas???

ShootTwice
THREAD ­ STARTER
45 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Joined Feb 2020

Apr 30, 2020 10:15 |  #3

I needed a sky replacement because there was no sky last night. The mountains fit the terrain well. You don't know this was taken in Dallas unless you look at my location or the EXIF.

Corrected color from input on another thread. Does anyone have any C&C on these?

HOSTED PHOTO

C&C on any post ALWAYS welcome.
Canon 5DIV | Canon 16-35L IS | Canon 24-70L II | Canon 70-200L II 2.8 | Canon 50L | Canon 100L

texkam
"Just let me be a stupid photographer."
1,476 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Apr 30, 2020 15:17 |  #4

#1: A smaller aperture and lower iso would allow you a slower SS which would give more flow to the water movement ... if that's a desire. I would be for me.

#2: Clone out the man-made circular object.

harryv
836 posts
Gallery: 192 photos
Joined Dec 2014

Apr 30, 2020 22:56 |  #5

I agree with Texkam, That circular concrete thing caught my eye pretty quick. Plus the lack of sunlight. If it's within walking distance of your house you should really be there in several different light conditions. If I took took them I consider them both good snap shots of a place with really good potential. I like the first one better than the second one. The bridge looks like it belongs on a golf course that splits the creek. Also, in the first one, Could you have moved back and to the right somewhat while keeping the pool in the shot? The reason I ask is, it looks like there's an interesting rock formation at the far end. Nice work!!!
Harry

LIFE IS TOO FAST, RECORD IT!!

scriveyn
Goldmember
1,846 posts
Gallery: 730 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Jun 2011

May 31, 2020 14:24 |  #6

ShootTwice wrote in post #19055355 (external link)
Corrected color from input on another thread. Does anyone have any C&C on these?

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by ShootTwice in
./showthread.php?p=190​55355&i=i69999404
forum: Critique Corner

Too much of a blue tint on both images for my taste. I'd take saturation down a notch too on the first one.

Frank, also known as jazzman
C&C welcome
Image Editing OK (for reposting in the same thread)

I Jazz

Joe ­ Thibodeau
41 posts
Joined Sep 2019

Jun 02, 2020 17:07 |  #7

Everyone has the same issues when it comes to shooting nature. You get what you see in a scene and have to transform that into a compelling subject. The first image I will comment on. This is the best of this series. I would turn it into a panoramic and crop the bottom up to the busiest part of the waterfall. This reduces the somewhat dead weight at the bottom of the frame. This is a personal choice. It is not the only choice by any means.

Joe Thibodeau

sponsored links

980 views & 4 likes for this thread
A Small Creek Near Home
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.