SYS wrote in post #19113453
Canon R5 will be my next camera, but I'm going to wait (have no choice but wait, anyway, as it's not available!) until most likely Black Friday, not only with a hope that the price might be reduced a bit, but even if not, I'd know all the issues with the camera by then. I love my 5D IV, so I'm going to keep that as a back-up body. I've been using Canon for the past 40 years and the only reason why I haven't gone to any other brands is because of all the system of lenses and accessories I've built over that time. Going to R5, I'd only need a lens adopter to be able to use all of my lenses.
Even when you're not experiencing any physical challenges now, it'd be very wise to carry your gear properly now as improper carrying will all add up to physical issues later. Good planning on your part.
SYS...you and I are in the exact same boat. I've gone to the R5, but still can't use it, because the lens adapter that I purchased has not been sent yet (so frustrating). I can't decide which DSLR to keep. When I look back over the years, the 7d and the 7DII have served me better than any other cameras. I'll prolly keep my 7DII, and sell my 5DIV (or maybe not), my 80D, and my 1DX II. But I could change my mind in another 10 minutes. I'd like to keep all my DSLR cameras, but money is an issue here, so I really can't have my cake and eat it too.