Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 31 Jan 2020 (Friday) 16:35
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Official 1dx Mark III owners unite! Post photos and discuss.

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
14,954 posts
Gallery: 1744 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Aug 2004

Aug 22, 2020 13:50 |  #1531

PensacolaPirate wrote in post #19112910 (external link)
Interesting. I've found around 1/200th works well for helicopter rotors and even faster for prop planes. The Blue Angels just go new Fat Albert C-130J with the Scimitarpropellers so am interested to see what speed looks good with it. We don't get many Ospreys (V22 types) in Pensacola. I guess I'll need to go down to Fort Walton Beach and give them a shot!

Yeah, the props on these suckers seem to spin a lot slower. Maybe because the blades are so large and provide very effective/efficient lift? *shrug* That's way above my pay grade.

I remember my first time seeing them down at Miramar Airshow and taking photos with my usual 1/200 and the props were almost frozen.

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
My Reviews | "The Mighty One" (external link) | "EF 85mm f/1.4 L IS Review" (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

sponsored links
butterfly2937
Cream of the Crop
7,093 posts
Gallery: 288 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Apr 2009

Aug 22, 2020 19:49 |  #1532

ISO 16000 natural light.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

butterfly2937
Cream of the Crop
7,093 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Aug 22, 2020 20:03 |  #1533

A couple more cute photos from the day.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
14,954 posts
Joined Aug 2004

Aug 22, 2020 23:20 |  #1534

IMAGE: https://photos.smugmug.com/Misc/Sketches/i-v6HSdnR/0/01ab31e0/X3/20200822-Canon%20EOS-1D%20X%20Mark%20III-1DX33495-X3.jpg

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
My Reviews | "The Mighty One" (external link) | "EF 85mm f/1.4 L IS Review" (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

AcademicNomad
952 posts
Gallery: 21 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Aug 23, 2020 00:14 |  #1535

jwcdds wrote in post #19113276 (external link)
QUOTED IMAGE

Awesome

Desire to learn; a camera & a few other things.

Doublea17
420 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Aug 23, 2020 21:04 |  #1536

Awesome wedding pictures.

PensacolaPirate
77 posts
Gallery: 78 photos
Joined Jun 2020

Aug 24, 2020 12:51 as a reply to  @ butterfly2937's post |  #1537

Great shots:-)

huntersdad
Goldmember
4,862 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Aug 24, 2020 21:36 |  #1538

I'll try and shoot something different this week while on vacation, but for the time being...

HOSTED PHOTO

Facebook (external link)

http://WWW.BLENDEDLIGH​TPHOTOGRAPHY.COM (external link)
1DxIII x 2 / 24 1.4 II / Sigma 35 1.4 / 85 1.4L / 70-200L II / 300 II / AD600Pros

AcademicNomad
952 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Aug 24, 2020 22:41 |  #1539

huntersdad wrote in post #19114343 (external link)
I'll try and shoot something different this week while on vacation, but for the time being...
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by huntersdad in
./showthread.php?p=191​14343&i=i67664732
forum: Canon EOS Digital Cameras

Fantastic work as always

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
14,954 posts
Joined Aug 2004

Aug 25, 2020 00:26 |  #1540

huntersdad wrote in post #19114343 (external link)

These are great, keep shootin'/postin' them.

I haven't been able to go out and shoot stuff so all I shoot are my silly sketches. :D

Julian

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
14,954 posts
Joined Aug 2004

Aug 25, 2020 00:27 |  #1541

And speaking of my silly sketches... #10

IMAGE: https://photos.smugmug.com/Misc/Sketches/i-p2RZ2NS/0/510259e9/X3/20200824-Canon%20EOS-1D%20X%20Mark%20III-1DX33588-X3.jpg

Julian

butterfly2937
Cream of the Crop
7,093 posts
Joined Apr 2009
Post edited over 1 year ago by butterfly2937.

Aug 27, 2020 07:36 |  #1542

There is s a new firmware update dated today on Canon’s website

https://www.usa.canon.​com …subtab=download​s-firmware (external link)

Firmware Version 1.2.0 incorporates the following enhancements and fixes:

1. Enhancements when using Browser Remote:
- The image list displayed will be refreshed automatically on the browser.
- On the shooting screen of the browser, you can set the movie resolution and a high frame rate.
- On the shooting screen of the browser, you can change the movie shooting mode.
- On the shooting screen of the browser, Live View will be displayed as soon as you select the movie shooting button.
2. Enhances Auto Focus (AF) for improved face and eye recognition at greater distances.
3. Fixes a phenomenon that may occur during viewfinder shooting, in which the shutter may not be released or the camera may not operate in the following settings:
- In One-Shot AF mode, when the AF Area Selection Mode is set as Zone AF, Large Zone AF or Automatic Selection AF.
- In AI Servo AF, when direct AF point selection is made using the smart controller.
- When the Register/Recall Shooting Function is assigned to the AE Lock button, in the Custom Controls.
4. Connectivity during FTP transmission, has been improved.
5. Improves Wi-Fi connectivity when using the Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E9.
6. Fixes a phenomenon, in which the card access time may take longer, when using certain CFexpress cards.

This firmware update is for cameras equipped with firmware up to Version 1.1.0. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.2.0, this update is unnecessary.When updating the firmware of your camera, please first review the instructions thoroughly.

Notes:
Users manual in the WEB is updated accordingly. Please download the manual as well as the latest firmware. You can download it from the official WEB site.

Q&A:
Preparations for a firmware update:
After the downloaded compressed file (.zip) is extracted, a firmware folder is created.

*Extracting the downloaded file:
Right-click the zip file, and then select Extract All to extract the file.

In the folder you downloaded are the firmware (1DX30120.FIR / file size: 81,205,840 bytes) and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to check the procedure in accordance with the instruction.

(The following is the history of past firmware updates.)

Q: Are the improvements from previous firmware versions included in Firmware Version 1.2.0?
A: Yes, the following improvements from the previous version are included:

(Previous) Version 1.1.0 improvements:
1. The option to capture full HD movies and 4K UHD movies in 23.98p frame rate has been added.
2. The communication speed has been improved when connected via wired LAN.
3. The "Browser Remote" function has been added.
4. The function to transfer only protected images has been added.
5. Corrects the phenomenon in which, when the electronic level is set to "Show" in the viewfinder display, in rare cases, the camera may freeze when operating the AF-ON button or shutter button.
6. Corrects the phenomenon in which the Custom Shooting Mode settings may change when the shooting mode is switched.

AcademicNomad
952 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Aug 27, 2020 09:40 |  #1543

butterfly2937 wrote in post #19115633 (external link)
There is s a new firmware update dated today on Canon’s website

https://www.usa.canon.​com …subtab=download​s-firmware (external link)

Firmware Version 1.2.0 incorporates the following enhancements and fixes:

1. Enhancements when using Browser Remote:
- The image list displayed will be refreshed automatically on the browser.
- On the shooting screen of the browser, you can set the movie resolution and a high frame rate.
- On the shooting screen of the browser, you can change the movie shooting mode.
- On the shooting screen of the browser, Live View will be displayed as soon as you select the movie shooting button.
2. Enhances Auto Focus (AF) for improved face and eye recognition at greater distances.
3. Fixes a phenomenon that may occur during viewfinder shooting, in which the shutter may not be released or the camera may not operate in the following settings:
- In One-Shot AF mode, when the AF Area Selection Mode is set as Zone AF, Large Zone AF or Automatic Selection AF.
- In AI Servo AF, when direct AF point selection is made using the smart controller.
- When the Register/Recall Shooting Function is assigned to the AE Lock button, in the Custom Controls.
4. Connectivity during FTP transmission, has been improved.
5. Improves Wi-Fi connectivity when using the Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E9.
6. Fixes a phenomenon, in which the card access time may take longer, when using certain CFexpress cards.

This firmware update is for cameras equipped with firmware up to Version 1.1.0. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.2.0, this update is unnecessary.When updating the firmware of your camera, please first review the instructions thoroughly.

Notes:
Users manual in the WEB is updated accordingly. Please download the manual as well as the latest firmware. You can download it from the official WEB site.

Q&A:
Preparations for a firmware update:
After the downloaded compressed file (.zip) is extracted, a firmware folder is created.

*Extracting the downloaded file:
Right-click the zip file, and then select Extract All to extract the file.

In the folder you downloaded are the firmware (1DX30120.FIR / file size: 81,205,840 bytes) and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to check the procedure in accordance with the instruction.

(The following is the history of past firmware updates.)

Q: Are the improvements from previous firmware versions included in Firmware Version 1.2.0?
A: Yes, the following improvements from the previous version are included:

(Previous) Version 1.1.0 improvements:
1. The option to capture full HD movies and 4K UHD movies in 23.98p frame rate has been added.
2. The communication speed has been improved when connected via wired LAN.
3. The "Browser Remote" function has been added.
4. The function to transfer only protected images has been added.
5. Corrects the phenomenon in which, when the electronic level is set to "Show" in the viewfinder display, in rare cases, the camera may freeze when operating the AF-ON button or shutter button.
6. Corrects the phenomenon in which the Custom Shooting Mode settings may change when the shooting mode is switched.

Maybe in future animal eye AF will be added as well!

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
14,954 posts
Joined Aug 2004

Aug 28, 2020 00:11 |  #1544

Finished this sketch earlier today.

IMAGE: https://photos.smugmug.com/Misc/Sketches/i-GJQmw97/0/344dced8/X3/20200827-Canon%20EOS-1D%20X%20Mark%20III-1DX39374-X3.jpg

Some progression photos along the way.

IMAGE: https://photos.smugmug.com/Misc/Sketches/i-92VddHL/0/506320cb/X3/20200827-Canon%20EOS-1D%20X%20Mark%20III-1DX39361-X3.jpg

IMAGE: https://photos.smugmug.com/Misc/Sketches/i-TJvj5Zt/0/db923797/X3/20200827-Canon%20EOS-1D%20X%20Mark%20III-1DX39360-X3.jpg

IMAGE: https://photos.smugmug.com/Misc/Sketches/i-2SBk2NP/0/854522c7/X3/20200826-Canon%20EOS-1D%20X%20Mark%20III-1DX39044-X3.jpg

Julian

Golfer ­ T
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Dec 2014

Aug 29, 2020 06:03 |  #1545

Has anyone with a 1Dx Mk 3 used a 400 f2.8L Mark 2 and 400mm f2.8L Mark 3. I am curious as to how they compare. Was the mark 3 worth the huge investment ?

May thanks

GT

sponsored links

350,651 views & 8,578 likes for this thread
Official 1dx Mark III owners unite! Post photos and discuss.
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.