Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Motorsports 
Thread started 26 May 2007 (Saturday) 06:22
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

SHOW US YOUR BEST PANNING SHOT

Mozes
Goldmember
2,300 posts
Gallery: 980 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Nov 2012

Aug 22, 2020 14:15 |  #8971

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

* Nikon D5 * Sigma 24-105 F4 Art * Nikkor 200-400 F4 G ED VR * Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8E FL * SB600 * 2x speedlight YN685 with trigger *
Sportplaatje (external link) I flickriver (external link)

sponsored links
Pippan
Cream of the Crop
5,520 posts
Gallery: 770 photos
Joined Oct 2015

Aug 22, 2020 23:06 |  #8972

SVG again, blitzing through the back section of the Hidden Valley track.

HOSTED PHOTO

Still waiting for the wisdom they promised would be worth getting old for.

Mozes
Goldmember
2,300 posts
Gallery: 980 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Nov 2012

Aug 23, 2020 04:09 |  #8973

HOSTED PHOTO

* Nikon D5 * Sigma 24-105 F4 Art * Nikkor 200-400 F4 G ED VR * Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8E FL * SB600 * 2x speedlight YN685 with trigger *
Sportplaatje (external link) I flickriver (external link)

TRhoads
Cream of the Crop
9,678 posts
Gallery: 709 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Jun 2009

Aug 23, 2020 12:16 |  #8974

Pippan wrote in post #19112813 (external link)
Shane Van Gisbergen riding the kerb during this morning's practice for race 16 of the V8 Supercars championship at Hidden Valley, Darwin.

nice one...I don't think any race series has more aggressive drivers on the kerbs that V8Supercars...those guys are nutz...

Website (external link) | YouTube (external link) | Instagram (external link) | The Gear List

Pippan
Cream of the Crop
5,520 posts
Joined Oct 2015

Aug 23, 2020 16:47 |  #8975

TRhoads wrote in post #19113539 (external link)
nice one...I don't think any race series has more aggressive drivers on the kerbs that V8Supercars...those guys are nutz...

Thanks TR, they sure are. It's a real art for them bouncing over the kerbs just right for maximum speed with minimum damage. Especially when there's a series of kerbed chicanes.

Pippan
Cream of the Crop
5,520 posts
Joined Oct 2015

Aug 24, 2020 00:32 |  #8976

An HQ Holden out of control and into the barrier.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Emce
386 posts
Gallery: 124 photos
Joined Aug 2018

Aug 29, 2020 18:11 |  #8977

A couple from the British GT.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

joebloogs
42 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Apr 2018

Aug 30, 2020 01:11 |  #8978

Pigpen101 wrote in post #19111447 (external link)
That would never be allowed here. I've been lucky enough to cover the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix for the last 3 years. "No flash" is so understood it's not even listed in the rules. I'm not even aloud to pop a flash at a high school basketball game, let alone popping one in the face of a speeding driver. Funny thing about those credentials, it's a lot easier to have them taken off of you than it is to get them. I am not even aloud to wear certain colors. I can't be wearing a shirt that is the same color of any flag they might use during the race. We are not allowed to wear those fluorescent vest, but the rules at this race may state you should wear it.

If even 1 driver complained to an official, credentials are pulled. There is no warning. Knowing what is expected of you as a professional IS the warning. You said this happened at another race, so this is not the first time this has happened? I can't believe he continues to get credentials. On top of that, he has what we here call a "hot pass" which means he gets to be that close instead of behind that fence. Media without a hot pass are so far away many are using 300mm & 400mm lenses.

I know things are different, sometimes very different in other parts of the world. Many times I think we are too strict with rules here in the US.

Finally, why would you want that image? It's quite obvious to me when a flash is fired & that's not a look I want for sports.

Ok. Sorry, now back to photos...……………...

I have had accreditation to shoot at World Rally Championship & European Rally Championship events..
No restrictions for flash use on these events..
I can understand use of flash not being allowed on track events but not on rallies..

Emce
386 posts
Joined Aug 2018

Aug 31, 2020 07:23 |  #8979

My son, James has been giving it a go with my 90D. Second or third attempt at the weekend, not many keepers, though a few good ones.

A couple below.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

tbtstt
268 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Sep 09, 2020 03:32 |  #8980

Few pans from the first round of the 2020 British Rallycross Championship at Lydden Hill:

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50322805512_bf31ab6596_b.jpg

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50321962608_a52c72e5b9_b.jpg

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50322629046_910ca8d455_b.jpg

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50321961953_4b761922d5_b.jpg

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50321965613_75f2cae8de_b.jpg

TustinMike
figment of our collective imaginations
6,261 posts
Gallery: 830 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Feb 2011
Post edited over 2 years ago by TustinMike. (5 edits in all)

Sep 13, 2020 12:21 |  #8981

IMAGE: https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-2G9kPmq/0/1a2cab4a/X3/i-2G9kPmq-X3.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://mikester.smugm​ug.com …n-VI/n-RtVqs4/i-2G9kPmq/A  (external link)

I'm mainly here for the snacks

Emce
386 posts
Joined Aug 2018

Sep 14, 2020 05:04 |  #8982

A favourite of mine from the British GT meet.

HOSTED PHOTO

rgfrison
914 posts
Gallery: 177 photos
Joined Jul 2008

Sep 19, 2020 02:07 |  #8983

HOSTED PHOTO

Randy

lewem1107
258 posts
Gallery: 23 photos
Joined Jan 2014

Sep 19, 2020 21:11 |  #8984

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

TustinMike
figment of our collective imaginations
6,261 posts
Gallery: 830 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Feb 2011
Post edited over 2 years ago by TustinMike. (2 edits in all)

Sep 24, 2020 17:12 |  #8985

IMAGE: https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-9RmJgNH/1/a9f506d8/X3/i-9RmJgNH-X3.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://mikester.smugm​ug.com …n-VI/n-RtVqs4/i-9RmJgNH/A  (external link)

IMAGE: https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-tGgj4wC/1/856e4941/X3/i-tGgj4wC-X3.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://mikester.smugm​ug.com …n-VI/n-RtVqs4/i-tGgj4wC/A  (external link)

The 919 Hybrid Tribute car is the one that shattered the lap record at the Nürburgring-Nordschleife in June 2018. It made an awe-inspiring appearance at Laguna Seca at the Rennsport Reunion Sept 26-29, 2018. Porsche factory driver Earl Bamber very nearly broke the all-time track record at Laguna Seca even though he wasn't really trying. He was clocked at 186 mph on the front straight - which is uphill, BTW!

From the Porsche website (https://newsroom.porsc​he.com …timo-bernhard-15752.html) (external link):

Unchained for the record
The technical regulations from the FIA for the WEC and Le Mans, introduced in 2014, successfully delivered close competition between the conceptually very different class 1 Le Mans hybrid prototypes entered by Audi, Porsche and Toyota.

To prepare the 919 Evo record car, the base was the 2017 world championship car. On top came developments that were prepared for the 2018 WEC but never raced after the withdrawal at the end of 2017. Additionally, several aerodynamic modifications were made.

For the Porsche 919 Hybrid Evo the entire hardware of the power train remained untouched. The 919 is powered by a compact two-litre turbo charged V4-cylinder engine and two energy recovery systems – brake energy from the front axle combined with exhaust energy. The combustion engine drives the rear axle while the electro motor boosts the front axle to accelerate the car with four-wheel drive. At the same time it recuperates energy from the exhaust system that otherwise would pass unused in to the atmosphere. The electrical energy that comes from the front brakes and the exhaust system is temporarily stored in a liquid-cooled lithium ion battery.

The WEC efficiency regulations limited the energy from fuel per lap by using a fuel flow meter. The V4 combustion engine’s output back then was around 500 hp. Freed from these restrictions, equipped with an updated software but running the regular race fuel (E20, containing 20 per cent bio ethanol), the Evo version delivers 720 hp.

Because the amount of energy from the two recovery systems that could be used was limited as well in terms of electric megajoule per lap, the systems stayed far below their potential. With now full boost being available, the e-machine output increased by ten per cent from 400 to 440 hp.

The engineers also unchained the aerodynamics of the 919 Evo from the regulations. The new larger front diffuser now balances the new and very large rear wing, both of which have actively controlled drag reduction systems (DRS). The hydraulically operated systems trim the trailing edge of the front diffuser and opens up the slot between the rear wing main plane and the flap respectively in order to reduce drag. Underneath the Evo the turning vanes and floor have been optimised. Fixed height side skirts increase the aerodynamic performance again as efficiently as possible. In total the aero modifications resulted in 53 per cent higher downforce and an increase in efficiency by 66 per cent (compared to the 2017 Spa WEC qualifying).

To help further expand the performance envelope, the Evo gained a four-wheel brake-by-wire system to provide additional dynamic yaw control. Furthermore, the power steering was adapted for the higher loads and stronger suspension wishbones (front and rear) were designed.

Compared to the car in conventional race trim, the dry weight was reduced by 39 kilograms to 849 kilograms. To achieve this, air-conditioning, windscreen wiper, several sensors, electronic devices from race control, lights systems and the pneumatic jack system were removed. Michelin developed special tyre compounds for the 919 Evo that produces more downforce than a Formula One car.

I'm mainly here for the snacks

sponsored links

4,054,167 views & 10,066 likes for this thread
SHOW US YOUR BEST PANNING SHOT
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Motorsports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.