Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras 
Thread started 23 Sep 2017 (Saturday) 03:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sony RX10 mk IV share your thoughts, interest, images.

bartheil
36 posts
Joined Feb 2019

Nov 10, 2020 15:15 |  #1426

Storms always make for beautiful sunsets. Too bad we don’t have as many summer storms in San Diego as they have in Florida...

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

sponsored links
russ49
597 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Nov 2009
Post edited 3 months ago by russ49. (2 edits in all)

Nov 24, 2020 18:48 |  #1427

200% cropped as shown, any further enlarging will decay image. Actually an after thought shot through my truck window, wasn't even sure I'd captured it until after arriving home.

HOSTED PHOTO

SX10is, S90, d5100 (35mm1.8, 18-55mm, 55-200mm), d750 (28-300mm, 50mm 1.8, 35-70mm 2.8, 24-120mm f/4, 85mm 1.8G), EOS-M5 (EF-M 15-45mm, 18-150mm, EF 40mm 2.8), RX10mk4

bartheil
36 posts
Joined Feb 2019

Nov 29, 2020 21:51 |  #1428

Road trip to Texas = Roadrunner.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

bartheil
36 posts
Joined Feb 2019

Dec 11, 2020 21:59 |  #1429

More Texas Pics - a Turkey Vulture

HOSTED PHOTO

M_Six
Cream of the Crop
7,550 posts
Gallery: 59 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 11, 2020 22:10 as a reply to  @ bartheil's post |  #1430

We have dozens of "TVs" that roost in the trees behind our house. Graceful fliers. Last week they were all congregated on a neighbor's roof sunning themselves. It was a surreal scene.

Mark J.
Gear

Tronhard
646 posts
Gallery: 302 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2020
Post edited 2 months ago by Tronhard. (3 edits in all)

Dec 16, 2020 22:31 |  #1431

Well, over here it's summer and also the location for the latest Americas Cup yachting races, the precursors of which are going on right now. We are fortunate to be in the position of living life as normal, with no community COVID transmission for months and consequently no limitations on gathering or movements.

The only challenges are for people trying to get into the country. So far around 90,000 Kiwis, permanent residents, and essential workers have gone through two weeks of managed isolation, and there are queues of people around the world hoping to take their places. So much so, that the government has had to issue a managed isolation voucher system so that airlines don't transport anyone without a reserved spot. Many of the big money yachting enthusiasts have sent their super yachts in ahead and now find that they can't enter the country because they have no vouchers!

In the meantime, as the start of racing draws near the downtown harbour area is bustling with supporters, crew and people just out for a good time:

HOSTED PHOTO

One of the main walkways, with crowds of yachts moored

HOSTED PHOTO

Out enjoying the evening weather, no restrictions and we even got Santa's cross-dressing elves to visit!

Our economy has bounced back and our GDP, after a 3% dip, has bounded back way beyond expectations, thanks to Kiwis holidaying in the country instead of going overseas, or buying big-ticket items instead of travel.

Again the challenge is foreign access - right now, in Auckland we have 14 container ships sitting in the roadstead waiting for an opportunity to dock. In desperation they sent one container ship 250km up the coast to another port and have been running a shuttle service of container trucks, leaving every 6 minutes to come to Auckland - and that is going on for a week

"All the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
We aren't remembered for the gear we use, rather the quality of the images we create. Me...
Trevor

Tronhard
646 posts
Joined Jan 2020

Dec 16, 2020 22:34 |  #1432

Continued

HOSTED PHOTO

More traditional vessels contrast with one of the super yachts, many of which had enough RADAR and comms to outfit a spy ship

HOSTED PHOTO

Conspicuous Opulence

"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
We aren't remembered for the gear we use, rather the quality of the images we create. Me...
Trevor

Tronhard
646 posts
Joined Jan 2020

Feb 01, 2021 02:52 |  #1433

I was out for a walk and was surprised to see the moon riding high in the sky, despite the sun being well up. So I just tried my luck hand-held as I stood on the sidewalk. I actually rather like the blue hue of the whole thing, I must admit.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Trevor

Tronhard
646 posts
Joined Jan 2020
Post edited 1 month ago by Tronhard.

Feb 02, 2021 17:11 |  #1434

A bush walk and waterfall in the suburbs of the Auckland Metropolis. Shot hand-held.

HOSTED PHOTO

Trevor

Tronhard
646 posts
Joined Jan 2020

Feb 02, 2021 17:19 |  #1435

One of my great nephews, enjoying his last day of the summer holidays.

HOSTED PHOTO

Trevor

Tronhard
646 posts
Joined Jan 2020
Post edited 1 month ago by Tronhard.

Feb 02, 2021 17:38 |  #1436

I went to Muriwai Beach, just west of Auckland to shoot images of the last gannets nesting there, before they fly 2,000km+ to Australia. However I also caught some activity from the local surf lifesaving group doing some training:
First an overview of the beach, which goes on for many km.

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50902483343_f877532c19_h.jpg

Some trainees head along to the surf on the rocks to the left of the first image
IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50903191996_b0e860d035_b.jpg

The Decisive Moment:

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50902484458_4c862cd5e5_h.jpg

Leap of faith

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50903191626_6d565e241e_h.jpg

Bad Timing - there is a swimmer in the middle of all that!

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50903309432_781f6fd76d_h.jpg

The guardian:

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50903191336_75ca08430b_h.jpg

Trevor

Tronhard
646 posts
Joined Jan 2020

Feb 04, 2021 17:31 |  #1437

Out for a morning constitutional I caught this Pipit (NZ Pihoihioi) on the side of the path. Like most birds they are inclined to flit often, so I shot from where I first saw it - thus the image is quite heavily cropped. Nevertheless, it seems to come out well enough. Amazing optic in this lens and fast, accurate focusing.

HOSTED PHOTO

Trevor

Tronhard
646 posts
Joined Jan 2020

Feb 15, 2021 13:36 |  #1438

Doing a slow shutter photo shoot with my camera group in downtown Auckland

HOSTED PHOTO

Trevor

bartheil
36 posts
Joined Feb 2019

Feb 15, 2021 17:28 as a reply to  @ Tronhard's post |  #1439

That looks really nice. Great job!

Carloj
Hatchling
1 post
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Feb 2021
Post edited 6 days ago by Carloj.

Mar 01, 2021 10:27 as a reply to  @ post 18783016 |  #1440

Hi, I just recently bought the RX10iv and was going thru all the pages of this forum. I saw this post about glare hitting the lens. One of the first accessories I bought was a proper telephoto style lens hood. Now I’m sure my tulip style hood would be helpful on the wider end and be somewhat functional on the tele end. Personally I really felt that for such a long telephoto lens this new round style hood would help with lens flare /glare ,contrast and sharpness. Now I know there would be vignetting at the wide end and there is from 24mm to 70mm. For wide angle I simply unscrew it and if necessary I attach it to a loop I made on my camera neck strap. The new lens hood stays on the RX10iv all the time and provides a extra layer of protection for the front element. So 50mm with vignetting and 550mm without. After all this camera was probably purchased by most of us for its great telephoto.

HOSTED PHOTO

sponsored links

352,627 views & 3,313 likes for this thread
Sony RX10 mk IV share your thoughts, interest, images.
FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.