Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets 
Thread started 25 Jun 2012 (Monday) 18:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Post your CAT pictures here! (2)

Jmac8866
549 posts
Gallery: 431 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Sep 2019

Mar 07, 2021 18:18 |  #12016

Tortoiseshell cat

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links
brian_sp
653 posts
Joined Jan 2021

Mar 08, 2021 18:05 |  #12017

my last cat, Sammy, it is a few months short of 10 years since i lost her and not a day goes by i don't miss her
i had a house out in the country, nothing that came in the yard phased her
bears, no problem, didn't care

deer, i seen her walk right in front of them as they stomped their front hooves at her, nothing

i walked out my back door once, as i did she comes walking out from behind my garage, couple feet behind her a skunk is following her, so i yelled at her to "come here", both her and the skunk stopped in their tracks. looked at me then did a 180 back behind the garage with her now following the skunk, never sprayed

foxes
i was sitting on my couch in the middle of the night once when i heard a screaming and screehing coming out of the bushes in the dark so i stepped out on my deck and yelled into the bush, everything went quiet, 5 minutes later it starts up again, this time i threw a couple small pebbles into the bush, a fox then comes bolting out, right behind the fox is my cat chasing the fox, ok she is just playing, have at it then

another time a friend and i were standing outside enjoying a few beers when a fox comes along, and now he is playing with us, walking around at out feet, once stopping and taking a gentle taste test of buddt's leather shoes he was wearing, little while later Sammy comes walking towards us, i told buddy this should prove interesting, she comes and lays right at out feet ignoring the playing fox, so the fox all curious about her would slowly snif her out, she would let the fox get within inches then up and chase the fox 30 feet down my driveway at which time they both stopped, turned around and came right back to our feet, this went on for at least an hour

i would be on my front deck, had a bird feeder on the handrailing that i would take pictures at, Sammy lying right under the feeder as birds were in the feeder, she couldn't care less, never once both climbing up there, never once killing any bird but...god help any squirrel that came into the yard

love you and miss you every day Sammy

HOSTED PHOTO

in spring no matter what i did her fur would get matted so one spring i took her in for a haircut, my mostly black/dark gray cat came out white, she had different fur, if you petted her with the grain, black?dark gray but if you went backwards against the grain her fur was white

HOSTED PHOTO

sparksdjs
557 posts
Gallery: 125 photos
Joined May 2001
Post edited 2 months ago by sparksdjs.

Mar 08, 2021 18:13 |  #12018

brian_sp wrote in post #19206070 (external link)
my last cat, Sammy, it is a few months short of 10 years since i lost her and not a day goes by i don't miss her

deer, i seen her walk right in front of them as they stomped their front hooves at her, nothing

i walked out my back door once, as i did she comes walking out from behind my garage, couple feet behind her a skunk is following her, so i yelled at her to "come here", both her and the skunk stopped in their tracks. looked at me then did a 180 back behind the garage with her now following the skunk, never sprayed

foxes
i was sitting on my couch in the middle of the night once when i heard a screaming and screehing coming out of the bushes in the dark so i stepped out on my deck and yelled into the bush, everything went quiet, 5 minutes later it starts up again, this time i threw a couple small pebbles into the bush, a fox then comes bolting out, right behind the fox is my cat chasing the fox, ok she is just playing, have at it then

another time a friend and i were standing outside enjoying a few beers when a fox comes along, and now he is playing with us, walking around at out feet, once stopping and taking a gentle taste test of buddt's leather shoes he was wearing, little while later Sammy comes walking towards us, i told buddy this should prove interesting, she comes and lays right at out feet ignoring the playing fox, so the fox all curious about her would slowly snif her out, she would let the fox get within inches then up and chase the fox 30 feet down my driveway at which time they both stopped, turned around and came right back to our feet, this went on for at least an hour

i would be on my front deck, had a bird feeder on the handrailing that i would take pictures at, Sammy lying right under the feeder as birds were in the feeder, she couldn't care less, never once both climbing up there, never once killing any bird but...god help any squirrel that came into the yard

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by brian_sp in
./showthread.php?p=192​06070&i=i61290941
forum: Pets

in spring no matter what i did her fur would get matted so one spring i took her in for a haircut, my mostly black/dark gray cat came out white, she had different fur, if you petted her with the grain, black?dark gray but if you went backwards against the grain her fur was white

thumbnail
./showthread.php?p=192​06070&i=i167247662

We do remember our old family members. This was Hobes, a great guy (his nemesis Rudy in the background reflection) -

HOSTED PHOTO

Canon 70D | 15-85IS | 70-200 f/4L IS | 35mm f/2 IS | 18-135IS STM | 18-55IS | 70-300IS | 10-22mm | 100mm macro | 85mm f/1.8 | 50mm f/1.4 | 580EX II | Canon G7X Mk II | Olympus TG-6

brian_sp
653 posts
Joined Jan 2021

Mar 08, 2021 18:24 |  #12019

sparksdjs wrote in post #19206073 (external link)
We do remember our old family members. This was Hobes, a great guy (his nemesis Rudy in the background reflection) -

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by sparksdjs in
./showthread.php?p=192​06073&i=i156939444

yep, and as much as i want another cat i have never been able to do it, i'd love to have a kitten, but its getting too late now, i don't want to get a cat that is going to out live me, so i keep looking at older cats, but just haven't done it yet

jeffcranwell
835 posts
Gallery: 172 photos
Joined Oct 2008
Post edited 2 months ago by jeffcranwell.

Mar 09, 2021 08:38 |  #12020

Enjoying some dappled sunlight :-)

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51019568257_25727fc8c3_h.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/2kJq​C9z  (external link) Boris (external link) by Jeff Cranwell (external link), on Flickr

Eos 1D X, Eos 1D Mark IV Canon EF 24-105mm F/4L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS MKII USM Sigma 12-24 F/4 Art Canon EF 100mm Macro F/2.8L IS USM Sigma 85mm 1.4 Art
flickr

Lycomech96
500 posts
Gallery: 107 photos
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 09, 2021 08:54 as a reply to  @ brian_sp's post |  #12021

I have seen one of my cats act as you describe, standing her ground inches from a deer while the deer stamped her feet once, turned and ran away. She was a Persian. This was 30 years back.
A current cat has such the same fur problem. Sheds in large hunks, which she allows me to cut off with scissors while she is eating. She showed up two years ago looking for food and was untouchable at the time. After a while I could touch her without the claws coming out, then I could pet her. Now, I can carry her around like a baby, loves to be petted and combed and walks in front of my feet when I am outside.

HOSTED PHOTO

windpig
Chopped liver
15,356 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2008

Mar 09, 2021 18:42 |  #12022

brian_sp wrote in post #19206070 (external link)

foxes

thumbnail
./showthread.php?p=192​06070&i=i61290941

thumbnail
./showthread.php?p=192​06070&i=i167247662

Sorry for your loss, Sammy sounds like she was an awesome kitty. Today is the 1 year aniversary since Trixy, our tuxedo kitty has been gone, a real character, I still shed a tear everyday.

Would you like to buy a vowel?
Go ahead, spin the wheel.
flickr (external link)
I'm accross the canal just south of Ballard, the town Seattle usurped in 1907.

nero_design
312 posts
Gallery: 422 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Nov 2012

Mar 09, 2021 19:01 |  #12023

HOSTED PHOTO
Photo from nero_design's gallery.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Bkopperl
856 posts
Gallery: 678 photos
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 09, 2021 19:43 |  #12024

Had to put our cat Molly ( the tortie) down today, almost exactly one year after unexpectedly losing her son Inky ( on the right).

HOSTED PHOTO

avondale87
thanks for whoever started this
9,825 posts
Gallery: 857 photos
Joined Dec 2010
Post edited 2 months ago by avondale87.

Mar 09, 2021 19:55 as a reply to  @ Bkopperl's post |  #12025

Two lovely cats.

Sorry for your now double loss.
Cats become very much part of family and their departure can hit hard

Richard

windpig
Chopped liver
15,356 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2008

Mar 09, 2021 19:59 |  #12026

Bkop wrote in post #19206549 (external link)
=Bkopperl;19206549]Had to put our cat Molly ( the tortie) down today, almost exactly one year after unexpectedly losing her son Inky ( on the right).
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Bkopperl in
./showthread.php?p=192​06549&i=i117816648

so said. :-(

Would you like to buy a vowel?
Go ahead, spin the wheel.
flickr (external link)
I'm accross the canal just south of Ballard, the town Seattle usurped in 1907.

ptcanon3ti
Cream of the Crop
8,709 posts
Gallery: 541 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Sep 2012

Mar 09, 2021 20:02 |  #12027

=Bkopperl;19206549]Had to put our cat Molly ( the tortie) down today, almost exactly one year after unexpectedly losing her son Inky ( on the right).
thumbnail

:-( my condolences.

Paul
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/petshots/ (external link)
Body - Nikon D750
Lenses - Nikon 20 f1.8 / Nikon 16-35 f4 / Sigma 105 OS Macro / Sigma 24-105 f4 Art / Tamron 70-200 2.8 Di VC / Sigma 150-600 "S"

Capn ­ Jack
Cream of the Crop
5,145 posts
Gallery: 2104 photos
Joined Mar 2010

Mar 09, 2021 20:07 |  #12028

thumbnail

Sorry for your loss.

wemrick
45 posts
Joined Oct 2020

Mar 09, 2021 20:36 as a reply to  @ Bkopperl's post |  #12029

That's the hard part. They don't live as long as us. Had many cats live with me over the years. Wonderful memories and some sadness as well.

brian_sp
653 posts
Joined Jan 2021

Mar 09, 2021 21:26 |  #12030

thumbnail

sorry to hear that :(

sponsored links

4,025,911 views & 50,327 likes for this thread
Post your CAT pictures here! (2)
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.