Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 26 Aug 2020 (Wednesday) 09:33
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-= Canon EOS R6 owners unite! Post photos and discuss.

AcademicNomad
841 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Apr 13, 2021 00:58 |  #2161

RayinAlaska wrote in post #19222262 (external link)
The first one, taken with the EF 200mm f/2 is outstanding. That's quite a nice prime. I have the EF 200mm f/2.8 (black with the red ring in front), and love it, although it's not as nice as yours.

Thank you. Without a flash it becomes a bit harder to expose in extremely bright sunny situations but the wider aperture helps

Desire to learn; a camera & a few other things.

sponsored links
Gixxer.SW
Mostly Lurking
19 posts
Joined Jul 2013

Apr 13, 2021 05:13 |  #2162

A couple more from today. Loving my new R6 & RF24-105F4.

The aqua blue lake is an abandoned tin mine, when abandoned it was filled with water and with the heavy minerals leaching into the water creates the aqua colour.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

A wise man once said nothing……

Gixxer.SW
Mostly Lurking
19 posts
Joined Jul 2013
Post edited 3 months ago by Gixxer.SW.

Apr 13, 2021 05:31 |  #2163

And two more.

Tripod mounted.

HOSTED PHOTO

This one hand held.

HOSTED PHOTO

Tronhard
901 posts
Gallery: 412 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2020
Post edited 3 months ago by Tronhard.

Apr 13, 2021 15:12 |  #2164

My Fav Bird - the Fabulous Kea. Smart as a primate, the world's only mountain parrot, lives in the alpine regions of NZ. They mate for life, love to play and can demolish a car by unscrewing bolts and screws, removing rubber trim and windshield wipers and will decimate your shoe laces if you leave your boots outside. But they are like small kids - quite loveable and absolutely fascinating to watch...

Both these images are from the same shot. The first is uncropped, the second heavily so. I reckon the R6 does an OK job, personally!

HOSTED PHOTO
Photo from Tronhard's gallery.

HOSTED PHOTO

"All the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
We aren't remembered for the gear we use, rather the quality of the images we create. Me...

duckster
Goldmember
1,894 posts
Gallery: 385 photos
Joined May 2017

Apr 13, 2021 16:16 as a reply to  @ Tronhard's post |  #2165

Cool looking bird. Thanks for the information about the species too.

Tronhard
901 posts
Joined Jan 2020
Post edited 3 months ago by Tronhard.

Apr 13, 2021 17:05 |  #2166

duckster wrote in post #19222610 (external link)
Cool looking bird. Thanks for the information about the species too.

Thank you for commenting! :-)

They gained some notoriety when sheep farmers let their flocks enter the remote high country, the domain of the Kea. The birds discovered that they could sit on the sheep's back and bite down into them, exposing their fatty layers and even their liver. Sheep died or were injured. Of course the farmers blamed the Keas and put a bounty on them, resulting in the killing of hundreds of thousands of them. The government put a stop to that about 40 years ago and their population is returning slowly. The behaviour is believed to be because their natural prey: the Moa, a huge bird, like an Emu, but much larger and heavier, was exterminated by humans. Basically we killed off their natural prey and offered them an alternative.

These days they love to hang around hiking huts and ski areas, as they offer rich pickings from discarded food or are offered some by humans keen to get closer. They are very picky eaters though, going for high energy foods. I have seen them empty an insecurely covered trash bin, throwing out the stuff they don't want until they get to their preferred items.

This is a photo of a Kea pursuing a ranger, intent of pecking his shoe laces. As we were talking the poor ranger had to keep moving around to discourage the Kea, but it pursued him with dogged determination. It is an unwise hiker who leaves a pack or boots out in the open - the packs will be unzipped or untied, or snipped open, and laces shredded - it's very challenging to walk in boots without laces! Having learned from others' misfortune, I always keep a spare pair with me now.

HOSTED PHOTO

"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
We aren't remembered for the gear we use, rather the quality of the images we create. Me...

Don1
Cream of the Crop
6,565 posts
Gallery: 37 photos
Joined Dec 2006

Apr 13, 2021 17:52 |  #2167

Buds on a flowering Almond Tree. I had problems with auto-focus so resorted to manual. It worked out quite well.

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51113737127_e47a0149c3_h.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://www.flickr.com …51113737127/in/​datetaken/  (external link)
Almond Buds (external link)] by Don Cassel on Flickr

Don
Canon EOS R6, Canon 5D Mark III, Canon 7D Mark II, Canon EF 70-200mm F4 L IS, Canon EF 100-400 L IS II, EF 24-105mm, EF 16-35mm f/4 L IS USM, Canon EF 300mm f/4 L IS USM
See my photos on My Flickr (external link)

steveb108
977 posts
Gallery: 328 photos
Joined Feb 2014

Apr 13, 2021 18:43 |  #2168

Pied-billed Grebe displaying for another grebe out of frame.

HOSTED PHOTO

RayinAlaska
583 posts
Gallery: 23 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Sep 2013

Apr 13, 2021 19:24 |  #2169

Gixxer.SW wrote in post #19222428 (external link)
A couple more from today. Loving my new R6 & RF24-105F4.

The aqua blue lake is an abandoned tin mine, when abandoned it was filled with water and with the heavy minerals leaching into the water creates the aqua colour.

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Gixxer.SW in
./showthread.php?p=192​22428&i=i86176621
forum: Canon EOS Digital Cameras

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Gixxer.SW in
./showthread.php?p=192​22428&i=i153158714
forum: Canon EOS Digital Cameras

I love the second one!

edmidlifecrisis
Goldmember
4,282 posts
Gallery: 243 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Jun 2014

Apr 13, 2021 21:35 |  #2170

Tronhard wrote in post #19222634 (external link)
Thank you for commenting! :-)

They gained some notoriety when sheep farmers let their flocks enter the remote high country, the domain of the Kea. The birds discovered that they could sit on the sheep's back and bite down into them, exposing their fatty layers and even their liver. Sheep died or were injured. Of course the farmers blamed the Keas and put a bounty on them, resulting in the killing of hundreds of thousands of them. The government put a stop to that about 40 years ago and their population is returning slowly. The behaviour is believed to be because their natural prey: the Moa, a huge bird, like an Emu, but much larger and heavier, was exterminated by humans. Basically we killed off their natural prey and offered them an alternative.

These days they love to hang around hiking huts and ski areas, as they offer rich pickings from discarded food or are offered some by humans keen to get closer. They are very picky eaters though, going for high energy foods. I have seen them empty an insecurely covered trash bin, throwing out the stuff they don't want until they get to their preferred items.

This is a photo of a Kea pursuing a ranger, intent of pecking his shoe laces. As we were talking the poor ranger had to keep moving around to discourage the Kea, but it pursued him with dogged determination. It is an unwise hiker who leaves a pack or boots out in the open - the packs will be unzipped or untied, or snipped open, and laces shredded - it's very challenging to walk in boots without laces! Having learned from others' misfortune, I always keep a spare pair with me now.

As a parrot nut, I've been obsessed with these birds for decades. Hope I will get to see them in the flesh one of these days.

Ed
https://www.sandhillim​ages.com/ (external link)
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/127634200@N05/ (external link)
https://500px.com/edtl (external link)
Instagram @elsdvm90

Gixxer.SW
Mostly Lurking
19 posts
Joined Jul 2013
Post edited 3 months ago by Gixxer.SW.

Apr 14, 2021 01:39 |  #2171

RayinAlaska wrote in post #19222689 (external link)
I love the second one!

Thank you.

The photo was taken at Eddystone Point Tasmania.

Tronhard
901 posts
Joined Jan 2020

Apr 14, 2021 05:15 |  #2172

edmidlifecrisis wrote in post #19222730 (external link)
As a parrot nut, I've been obsessed with these birds for decades. Hope I will get to see them in the flesh one of these days.

Wow, I am impressed they are known so far from home! Great that you are a fan. and I hope when the world returns to some semblance of normality that you can make it over here to meet them.

Dlee13
Cream of the Crop
5,195 posts
Gallery: 728 photos
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 14, 2021 07:25 |  #2173

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51114725412_b4bb958853_h.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/2kSQ​k4b  (external link) Danbo (external link) by Daniel Lee (external link)

Canon EOS R6 - Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 - Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 - Canon RF 85mm f/2 - Tamron 100-400mm
Canon EOS M5 - Canon EF-M 32mm f/1.4 - Canon EF-M 22mm f/2

Website (external link) / flickr (external link) | Twitter (external link)

A1original
Goldmember
2,542 posts
Gallery: 231 photos
Joined Jan 2013

Apr 15, 2021 08:01 |  #2174

HOSTED PHOTO

Dove Love

HOSTED PHOTO

Canon EOS R6lCanon RF 24-105L| RF 50| RF 24-240| RF 800 and a bunch of Canon L lenses
https//www.flickr.com/photos/​iseiler (external link)
Ira. “No one here gets out alive”

A1original
Goldmember
2,542 posts
Gallery: 231 photos
Joined Jan 2013

Apr 15, 2021 08:02 |  #2175

HOSTED PHOTO

Canon EOS R6lCanon RF 24-105L| RF 50| RF 24-240| RF 800 and a bunch of Canon L lenses
https//www.flickr.com/photos/​iseiler (external link)
Ira. “No one here gets out alive”

sponsored links

283,105 views & 9,279 likes for this thread
-= Canon EOS R6 owners unite! Post photos and discuss.
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.