Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 25 Sep 2018 (Tuesday) 07:55
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Frustration with Adorama shipping UPS and USPS

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
39,301 posts
Gallery: 116 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002
Post edited over 2 years ago by TeamSpeed.

Jan 16, 2019 11:34 |  #121

Just a side note, I do know that if our Fedex or UPS guy knows us well, I am certain things were left on our porch without a signature, despite one being needed.

Once we get a new Fedex or UPS guy, then all of a sudden all those things I order required signatures, where before I hardly ever signed. But I knew our previous delivery guys very well, and even gave them Christmas presents in the past. It is good to have a relationship like that with those delivery folks, they are more careful with things, they will drop packages off in the garage if the doors are open instead of on the front porch, etc.

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

sponsored links
Hoof ­ Arted
379 posts
Gallery: 40 photos
Joined Oct 2017

Jan 16, 2019 12:38 |  #122

Off topic but does anyone else see a typo and look at your keyboard to see how close the letters are, then nod your head in understanding and continue reading? I do. A lot.

SYS
Cream of the Crop
13,984 posts
Gallery: 528 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Jul 2004

Jan 16, 2019 18:26 |  #123

Just saw one of the major news channels showing how some crooks are training their dogs to steal packages left on the porch, LOL. Looked pretty effective as long as the package isn't too large!

"Life is short, art is long..."
-Goethe
My Gear

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
44,598 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005

Jan 16, 2019 19:43 as a reply to  @ SYS's post |  #124

There was a very recent news story in which over a half dozen people were arrested for an ongoing mail theft ring, in which they would go into secure buildings with additional secure room for the mailboxes (by trailing a resident who had the card key), they would use a counterfit master key to open and empty all the mailboxes, stealing credit cards and other mail.

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
39,301 posts
Gallery: 116 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002

Jan 16, 2019 20:32 |  #125

Just think what we could accomplish if all that negative energy was turned to good.... :(

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

Grizz1
Goldmember
1,915 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Apr 2011

Jan 16, 2019 22:05 |  #126

Many statements made thus far make me more thankful for where I live. Hopefully it's not just luck that I experience each and every day but rather the rural attitude, often hard living but also simplified in so many ways.
Sometimes I envy those that can go to a brick and mortar store to actually hold a camera or lens they may want to purchase. I cannot do that economically so I research online, read and view what others are using here on POTN, can call Adorama and talk to someone, place my order to have it delivered to my door. If not satisfied, I can return it, though I never have. It doesn't matter to me who they choose to ship the package with, all have worked well.
Often I drive the 500 yards to my mailbox to send mail, without a stamp I place money in the box and the carrier will stamp it for me, leave change if due or leave a note stating what I owe. When he delivers, if the item needs to stay dry, won't fit in the box etc, he brings it to my house to leave in a safe place. If I'm home he can refill his coffee cup and let me know where he has been seeing the most deer and what time of day.
Both UPS and Fedex have been terrific, they often ask me about the road conditions in the neighborhood and the best route to take for deliveries in the area after leaving my place. I have had UPS drivers see my wife in town and leave packages with her,(usually large orders from Cabelas or Bass Pro Shop) so they can save driving the miles out to my house. So far it hasn't helped for me to explain that my wife doesn't need to know about the fun gifts I buy for myself :-). I wonder sometimes if they go out of their way to find her!

My son drives for Fedex freight , pulling either a 53 foot trailer or doubles, making deliveries and picking up freight, this week in 22 inches of snow at his depot and they try to keep moving best they can. The past week has not been a good one on I70, I44 West of St Louis, snow and ice being bad for the truckers trying to get deliveries made on time. If they are late I'll just wait, I could not do their job.

Steve
2 Canon 60D's, 70D 18-135,-55-250, Sigma 150-500 OS,Sigma 50mm 1.4 ,Sigma 120-300 Sport,Sigma 10-20. 580EXII

Phoenixkh
a mere speck
6,843 posts
Gallery: 67 photos
Joined May 2011

Jan 19, 2019 02:32 |  #127

We've had a few packages delivered next door.. and we've had the packages of our neighbors show up at our house. We all just take them where they belong.

As far as Adorama is concerned, I've only had pleasant experiences. I got my 1DX2 from Adorama. I had an issue and it was taken care of immediately with no hassle whatsoever. Their shipping has always be prompt and the packaging has been first notch.

I just got two back up memory cards for my 1DX2 this past week, from Adorama's used shop. Great pricing and prompt shipping, etc.

Kim (the male variety) Canon 1DX2 | 1D IV | 16-35 f/4 IS | 24-105 f/4 IS | 100L IS macro | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II | 100-400Lii | 50 f/1.8 STM | Canon 1.4X III
RRS tripod and monopod | 580EXII | Cinch 1 & Loop 3 Special Edition | Editing Encouraged

Methodical
Cream of the Crop
7,845 posts
Gallery: 235 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2008

Jan 21, 2019 12:41 |  #128

No problem with Adorama shipping here either.

Gear
MethodicalImages (external link)
Flickr (external link)
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

HelenOster
That's me!
4,587 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jan 23, 2019 08:55 |  #129

From today, FedEx is going to be our Primary Shipper

SYS
Cream of the Crop
13,984 posts
Gallery: 528 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Jul 2004

Jan 23, 2019 09:46 |  #130

HelenOster wrote in post #18796981 (external link)
From today, FedEx is going to be our Primary Shipper

FedEx has contracted with Walgreens as alternative pick up locations. Does Adorama allow re-routing to one of these Walgreens locations or do customers have to use one of Walgreens's address at the time of placing an order?

"Life is short, art is long..."
-Goethe
My Gear

HelenOster
That's me!
4,587 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jan 28, 2019 08:25 |  #131

SYS wrote in post #18797004 (external link)
FedEx has contracted with Walgreens as alternative pick up locations. Does Adorama allow re-routing to one of these Walgreens locations or do customers have to use one of Walgreens's address at the time of placing an order?

We do not allow customers to reroute packages in transit on their own.

Your options are to use the Walgreens location as the shipping address when placing the order (this may complicate things for rebates) or you can contact us to reroute the package after the order has been placed.

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
10,762 posts
Joined May 2003

Jan 28, 2019 08:41 as a reply to  @ HelenOster's post |  #132

Helen, with respect to the Fedex Delivery Manager, Fedex states that some options are not available, quoting Fedex..."some shippers may restrict certain delivery options or may not allow recipients to change the destination once the shipment is in transit." I guess Adorama is one of those shippers with restrictions?

Personally, your shipments have never been an issue!

HelenOster
That's me!
4,587 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jan 29, 2019 14:26 |  #133

John from PA wrote in post #18799946 (external link)
Helen, with respect to the Fedex Delivery Manager, Fedex states that some options are not available, quoting Fedex..."some shippers may restrict certain delivery options or may not allow recipients to change the destination once the shipment is in transit." I guess Adorama is one of those shippers with restrictions?

Adorama does not allow any customer to change the delivery address once an item has shipped, whatever shipping method has been selected. This can only be done by contacting our CS team.

John from PA wrote in post #18799946 (external link)
Personally, your shipments have never been an issue!

Delighted to see this!

jennsono
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Jun 2021
Post edited 1 month ago by jennsono.

Jun 14, 2021 05:15 |  #134

Honestly, the quality of UPS could be better. I remember when they were one of the best on the market, but now everything has changed. I’ve paid for their delivery services when I needed to send some original documents urgently. I paid for the express delivery, and it took as long as a regular one. So, I’ve just wasted a lot of money because of them.
The same thing happened when I’ve tried to order some stuff from China. UPS just took ages to deliver a small package. Luckily, someone suggested I use the epacket tracking number (external link), so now my parcels are no longer lost.

sponsored links

13,728 views & 109 likes for this thread
Frustration with Adorama shipping UPS and USPS
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.