Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 26 Aug 2020 (Wednesday) 09:33
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-= Canon EOS R6 owners unite! Post photos and discuss.

RayinAlaska
612 posts
Gallery: 43 photos
Joined Sep 2013

Apr 17, 2022 02:38 |  #3571

Took a few photos recently (interior of Alaska).

IMAGE: https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-H9pSfZm/0/7dab2d4e/O/i-H9pSfZm.jpg

sponsored links
grzegorz9992
380 posts
Gallery: 147 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2016

Apr 17, 2022 10:08 |  #3572

<font stylevertical-align: inherit;><font stylevertical-align: inherit;>Tronhard</font></font> wrote in post #19222601 (external link)
=<font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">Tronhard</font></font>;19222601]My Fav Bird - the Fabulous Kea. Smart as a primate, the world's only mountain parrot, lives in the alpine regions of NZ. They mate for life, love to play and can demolish a car by unscrewing bolts and screws, removing rubber trim and windshield wipers and will decimate your shoe laces if you leave your boots outside. But they are like small kids - quite loveable and absolutely fascinating to watch...

Both these images are from the same shot. The first is uncropped, the second heavily so. I reckon the R6 does an OK job, personally!

this is an important sentence for me

grzegorz9992
380 posts
Joined Dec 2016

Apr 17, 2022 10:27 |  #3573

Tronhard wrote in post #19230405 (external link)
OK, I admit I have a special affection for Orangutans: they are really amazing creatures. They manage to look as if they are wise, and considering great matters...

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Tronhard in
./showthread.php?p=192​30405&i=i5061652
forum: Canon EOS Digital Cameras

I always get the feeling that they wonder why people destroy everything. Great picture.

grzegorz9992
380 posts
Joined Dec 2016

Apr 17, 2022 11:26 |  #3574

Levina de Ruijter wrote in post #19234792 (external link)
Great crested grebe.
It was late in the day but a low sun easily gets the whites on these birds overexposed. So I exposed for the whites and hoped for the best. I honestly didn't know what to do in post. Just brightened the crest a bit so it stood out against the background and applied some sharpening.
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Levina de Ruijter in
./showthread.php?p=192​34792&i=i184696999

sometimes you can take a photo with a "timeless" element. It's such a picture, congratulations.

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
I'm a bloody goody two-shoes!
21,046 posts
Gallery: 418 photos
Best ofs: 11
Joined Sep 2008

Apr 17, 2022 13:00 |  #3575

grzegorz9992 wrote in post #19368023 (external link)
this is an important sentence for me

Are you thinking of switching to mirrorless too, Grzegorz?

grzegorz9992 wrote in post #19368062 (external link)
sometimes you can take a photo with a "timeless" element. It's such a picture, congratulations.

Thank you very much!

Wild Birds of Europe: https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=19371752
Please QUOTE when responding to a comment!

moJoePDX
328 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Mar 2012

Apr 17, 2022 14:00 |  #3576

A couple from the annual Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm. Been taking my daughter since 2012.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

swltr
Goldmember
1,840 posts
Gallery: 510 photos
Best ofs: 8
Joined Nov 2013

Apr 17, 2022 14:43 |  #3577

HOSTED PHOTO

http://www.steffenwalt​her-photographics.de (external link)
flickr (external link)
Instagram (external link)
500px (external link)

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
21,046 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Apr 17, 2022 21:03 |  #3578

moJoePDX wrote in post #19368112 (external link)
A couple from the annual Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm. Been taking my daughter since 2012.

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by moJoePDX in
./showthread.php?p=193​68112&i=i30783374

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by moJoePDX in
./showthread.php?p=193​68112&i=i216575495

I really like how you used the water in these shots. I’ve never seen that before and the result is really nice. My favourite is the second, but both are great.

Wild Birds of Europe: https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=19371752

grzegorz9992
380 posts
Joined Dec 2016

Apr 18, 2022 03:27 |  #3579

Levina de Ruijter wrote in post #19368094 (external link)
Are you thinking of switching to mirrorless too, Grzegorz?

Thank you very much!

I have been considering this for a long time. I am a bit afraid that it will be too easy and I will lose the challenge and joy, although I understand it will be a wow in the beginning. additionally I love 5d and its 30 ߙ

PhotosByDlee
Cream of the Crop
5,530 posts
Gallery: 794 photos
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 18, 2022 05:18 |  #3580

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52012770264_92088e5b50_h.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/2nfc​3v7  (external link) Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN (external link) by Daniel Lee (external link)

Sony Alpha A7 Mark IV - Sony FE PZ 16-35mm f/4 G - Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 GM - Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DN Art
FujiFilm X-S10 - Fujifilm XF 33mm f/1.4 R LM WR - Sigma 56mm f/1.4

Website (external link) / flickr (external link) | Twitter (external link)

PhotosByDlee
Cream of the Crop
5,530 posts
Gallery: 794 photos
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 18, 2022 05:40 |  #3581

grzegorz9992 wrote in post #19368287 (external link)
I have been considering this for a long time. I am a bit afraid that it will be too easy and I will lose the challenge and joy, although I understand it will be a wow in the beginning. additionally I love 5d and its 30 ߙ

I'd say it's just as challenging if not more in a sense. With Mirrorless AF isn't as much of a concern and since you can focus across the entire frame, there's no excuse if you mess up your composition haha. In the same sense, you can focus more on the creative aspects of your image and not the technical one so really it's more of test on your than the camera if it makes sense.

Sony Alpha A7 Mark IV - Sony FE PZ 16-35mm f/4 G - Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 GM - Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DN Art
FujiFilm X-S10 - Fujifilm XF 33mm f/1.4 R LM WR - Sigma 56mm f/1.4

Website (external link) / flickr (external link) | Twitter (external link)

grzegorz9992
380 posts
Joined Dec 2016

Apr 18, 2022 06:03 |  #3582

PhotosByDlee wrote in post #19368317 (external link)
I'd say it's just as challenging if not more in a sense. With Mirrorless AF isn't as much of a concern and since you can focus across the entire frame, there's no excuse if you mess up your composition haha. In the same sense, you can focus more on the creative aspects of your image and not the technical one so really it's more of test on your than the camera if it makes sense.

do you think the composition problem does not exist with dslr?

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
21,046 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Apr 18, 2022 08:02 |  #3583

grzegorz9992 wrote in post #19368287 (external link)

I understand. I do. I’m not half the bird photographer you are but I do love shooting birds and no camera has ever given me more joy than the 1DIIn or given me better images. Although I was younger then and healthier and I would work harder to get good images, like being in the countryside before the sun came up, so there is that (getting up in the middle of the night is more problematic these days).

The R5 or R6 have a much improved AF system but nothing else has changed. The photographer still has to do his or her bit. And the AF also has its limits and challenges, it’s not faultless. I love shooting birds in flight and locking onto a suddenly appearing bird is harder with my R6 than it was with any of my 1D bodies. However, once it is locked on it tracks much better. The AF can still lose the bird though and jump to something else. So it’s not perfect. Just better.

Coming from a 5DIV with 30mpx you might not be happy with the 20mpx of the R6 and would maybe want the R5. Or the R3, even though that camera has “only” 24 mpx.

It’s a hard decision.

John ­ Sheehy
Goldmember
4,372 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Apr 18, 2022 08:49 |  #3584

Levina de Ruijter wrote in post #19368361 (external link)
I love shooting birds in flight and locking onto a suddenly appearing bird is harder with my R6 than it was with any of my 1D bodies. However, once it is locked on it tracks much better. The AF can still lose the bird though and jump to something else. So it’s not perfect. Just better.

So true, and I think it does a disservice when people who refuse to find any fault with their latest toy tell other people how everything is so much better in every way, when, in fact, they will get a new toy later and only then start to admitting to the previous toys' weaknesses. I know one guy who implies his R5 has flawless AF and IBIS stability to everyone who asks about his camera, but I like to give the weaknesses along with the strengths, but many people misinterpret that as a poor review, if anything negative is said.

My experience with the R5 is like yours with the R6; it may not be as good as a DSLR for initial acquisition, even compared to non-1-series DSLRs, but once the AI can determine what it is to focus on, it clings much more tightly than a DSLR, especially with RF lenses that can make more AF adjustments per second.

Of course, if the open f-ratio is higher than 9, then these cameras always have an advantage over a DSLR even if they're slow, as I've never heard of any DSLR AF-ing at all in OVF mode at f/10 or higher.

grzegorz9992
380 posts
Joined Dec 2016

Apr 18, 2022 09:53 |  #3585

John Sheehy wrote in post #19368374 (external link)
So true, and I think it does a disservice when people who refuse to find any fault with their latest toy tell other people how everything is so much better in every way, when, in fact, they will get a new toy later and only then start to admitting to the previous toys' weaknesses. I know one guy who implies his R5 has flawless AF and IBIS stability to everyone who asks about his camera, but I like to give the weaknesses along with the strengths, but many people misinterpret that as a poor review, if anything negative is said.

My experience with the R5 is like yours with the R6; it may not be as good as a DSLR for initial acquisition, even compared to non-1-series DSLRs, but once the AI can determine what it is to focus on, it clings much more tightly than a DSLR, especially with RF lenses that can make more AF adjustments per second.

Of course, if the open f-ratio is higher than 9, then these cameras always have an advantage over a DSLR even if they're slow, as I've never heard of any DSLR AF-ing at all in OVF mode at f/10 or higher.

I understand. I do. I’m not half the bird photographer you are but I do love shooting birds and no camera has ever given me more joy than the 1DIIn or given me better images. Although I was younger then and healthier and I would work harder to get good images, like being in the countryside before the sun came up, so there is that (getting up in the middle of the night is more problematic these days).

The R5 or R6 have a much improved AF system but nothing else has changed. The photographer still has to do his or her bit. And the AF also has its limits and challenges, it’s not faultless. I love shooting birds in flight and locking onto a suddenly appearing bird is harder with my R6 than it was with any of my 1D bodies. However, once it is locked on it tracks much better. The AF can still lose the bird though and jump to something else. So it’s not perfect. Just better.

Coming from a 5DIV with 30mpx you might not be happy with the 20mpx of the R6 and would maybe want the R5. Or the R3, even though that camera has “only” 24 mpx.

It’s a hard decision.

It’s a hard decision.

thanks, when I smile because 1 d ii is still on the shelf, r5 and more R3 is money, Canon knows what it is doing. I have 63 so I feel a bit too, but most of my topics will require a wake up at 3 AM until the end ߙ the argument of 30 mpx prevails and I will have to wait, or gas will win

sponsored links

640,471 views & 14,941 likes for this thread
-= Canon EOS R6 owners unite! Post photos and discuss.
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.