Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 26 Aug 2020 (Wednesday) 09:33
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-= Canon EOS R6 owners unite! Post photos and discuss.

kmilo
482 posts
Joined Nov 2009
Post edited 1 month ago by kmilo.

Aug 11, 2022 09:55 |  #4006

My buddy's daughter was in a local play. This was first attempt at high ISO action shots. I think the camera did a great job. Obviously, at 25600 IS, the shots begin to fall apart a little, but still usable in my opinion. I'm sure if I were a little better in lightroom, I could have cleaned these up a bit more. If you click the image, there's a flickr gallery with more images.

Shooting electronic shutter (so it's silent) is a pain in the butt because I don't want to shoot at 20 frames per second, but there is no slower option. Weeding thru 3,000 images sucks.

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52276749242_c0871a7a97_h.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/2nDw​1fN  (external link) IMG_7837 (external link) by Kris Milo (external link), on Flickr

Kris
Insulting critiques always welcomed. flickr (external link)

sponsored links
swltr
Goldmember
1,847 posts
Gallery: 514 photos
Best ofs: 8
Joined Nov 2013

Aug 12, 2022 15:05 |  #4007

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.
Photo from swltr's gallery.

http://www.steffenwalt​her-photographics.de (external link)
flickr (external link)
Instagram (external link)
500px (external link)

TheAnt
Goldmember
1,479 posts
Gallery: 25 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Feb 2010

Aug 12, 2022 15:48 |  #4008

Another featuring the same model as my last post and the 135.

HOSTED PHOTO

R6, 6D EF 24-70 MkI - TS-E 90mm 2.8 - EF 85mm 1.8 - Σ 50mm 1.4 - Σ 15mm 2.8
Website (external link)

kayl
433 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Apr 2005

Aug 13, 2022 23:38 |  #4009

Some panoramas of Grand Teton National Park with my r6 :)

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Rocking the R6 and (mostly) the 24-105 f4 L, 50mm f1.8 STM, and EF 135mm f2 L along with a few others.
All of my Gear
Buy/Sell Feedback

PSteven
Goldmember
1,231 posts
Gallery: 103 photos
Joined Apr 2011

Aug 14, 2022 03:18 |  #4010

Some evening photography of the carousel in Honfleur, France.

HOSTED PHOTO

PSteven
Goldmember
1,231 posts
Gallery: 103 photos
Joined Apr 2011
Post edited 1 month ago by PSteven.

Aug 14, 2022 05:20 |  #4011

Another couple of shots from a recent trip to Honfleur in France. A beautiful lively town.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

swltr
Goldmember
1,847 posts
Joined Nov 2013

Aug 16, 2022 15:10 |  #4012

City of Jena = home sweet home.

HOSTED PHOTO

flickr (external link)
500px (external link)

swltr
Goldmember
1,847 posts
Joined Nov 2013
Post edited 1 month ago by swltr. (2 edits in all)

Aug 16, 2022 15:34 |  #4013

TheAnt wrote in post #19414876 (external link)
Another featuring the same model as my last post and the 135.
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by TheAnt in
./showthread.php?p=194​14876&i=i203334424
forum: Canon EOS Digital Cameras

First of all, great shot. Very nicely done. I own and love the 135 L but recognized often a not so creamy bokeh on my R6 as I was used to it on my DSLRs. And I learned that it has to do with the EFCS wich is standard shutter mode. At 1/1000 or faster and wide open aperture your bokeh balls are cutted of if you are not using mechanical shutter. Now I saw your picture and recognized it too. Just wanted to share this information in case you haven't heard about it. Heres a short video: https://youtu.be/LQTar​Mu_y6Y (external link)

flickr (external link)
500px (external link)

Pancho1300
Mostly Lurking
18 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2009
Post edited 1 month ago by Pancho1300.

Aug 17, 2022 03:36 |  #4014

Hi everyone,
I’m shooting with Canon R6 and Canon RF 100 F 2.8 L Macro is USM lens, but when I download the image into my
I-phone via Canon Connect, the image information sayings that the photo was taken with a Ef 100mm f2.8 L macro.
It’s doing the same thing with the RF 50MM f1.8 STM, but not with the RF 16mm f2.8 STM

HOSTED PHOTO

Pancho1300

John ­ Sheehy
Goldmember
4,383 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Aug 17, 2022 09:41 |  #4015

Pancho1300 wrote in post #19416453 (external link)
Hi everyone,
I’m shooting with Canon R6 and Canon RF 100 F 2.8 L Macro is USM lens, but when I download the image into my
I-phone via Canon Connect, the image information sayings that the photo was taken with a Ef 100mm f2.8 L macro.
It’s doing the same thing with the RF 50MM f1.8 STM, but not with the RF 16mm f2.8 STM
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Pancho1300 in
./showthread.php?p=194​16453&i=i211757316
forum: Canon EOS Digital Cameras

You could do a search in the EXIF of the image files to see if the EF is mentioned. If it is, it is the camera that will need a firmware update; if not, then that program has a bug in it that needs to be reported, or you need to update the Canon Connect software. If the software is old, it may make some pre-RF assumptions.

moJoePDX
328 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Mar 2012

Aug 17, 2022 20:56 |  #4016

This is a spectacular shot. It’s nice and sharp! Is this one shot or multiple? I use the same lens when I go hiking and don’t think I’ve manage to get a shot that sharp.

D-Noc
235 posts
Gallery: 32 photos
Joined Aug 2011

Aug 21, 2022 03:58 |  #4017

TheAnt wrote in post #19379890 (external link)
> "Goodbye MFA", though; that is one of the biggest joys of mirrorless.

Really hoping this breathes new life into my Sigma (Non-Art) 50mm

You will most likely be disappointed. I know I was. I bought the Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM (the Non-Art) way back, and used it on my 6D. But getting focus right required a lot of MFA and still it never got really good. Even after MFA the focus would be off depending on the distance to the subject, so it got a lot of shelf-time.
The I bought the R, and thought more or less exactly as you in the quote. And at first it really did seem like the lens could finally live up to its potential.
..but then I noticed that all the images were ~1-1.5 stops underexposed. I tried adjusting all kinds of camera settings, but only overexposing what I saw in the EVF would solve it and obviously this ended up being even more annoying than the somewhat schizophrenic focusing it had on my 6D. I googled it, and apparently it is an issue caused by the reverse engineering Sigma has done to get the lens talking with the camera. Apparently it disguises itself a another lens, and that throws off the metering in the camera.
When I got my R6, I hoped it would be better, but unfortunately the issue persisted, so I ended up selling the Sigma.

My Flickr page (external link) | My Photo Blog (external link)

Finsnapper
287 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Joined Apr 2021

Aug 21, 2022 05:02 |  #4018

NebrGuy wrote in post #19410686 (external link)
I've been playing with an old Yashica Yashinon 50mm DX f/1.7. It's an M42 mount lens that I've attached to my Canon R6. I can't complain too much about the images that the combination is giving me and I feel like I'm getting better at manual focus. I don't know how people did it back before autofucs was a thing. lol.
QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://www.flickr.com​/gp/rob_san_neb/00Kt1k​b3v8  (external link) IMG_4168-Edit-Edit.jpg (external link) by Robert (external link), on Flickr

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://www.flickr.com​/gp/rob_san_neb/FoXSgK​8D2e  (external link) IMG_4161-Edit-Edit.jpg (external link) by Robert (external link), on Flickr

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/2nBi​gLq  (external link) IMG_4164-Edit-Edit.jpg (external link) by Robert (external link), on Flickr

Beautiful shots. My favourite is the first one. I love the curve of the lines with the waves of colour blending, almost like a brush stroke.

John ­ Sheehy
Goldmember
4,383 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Aug 21, 2022 08:32 |  #4019

D-Noc wrote in post #19417723 (external link)
You will most likely be disappointed. I know I was. I bought the Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM (the Non-Art) way back, and used it on my 6D. But getting focus right required a lot of MFA and still it never got really good. Even after MFA the focus would be off depending on the distance to the subject, so it got a lot of shelf-time.
The I bought the R, and thought more or less exactly as you in the quote. And at first it really did seem like the lens could finally live up to its potential.
..but then I noticed that all the images were ~1-1.5 stops underexposed. I tried adjusting all kinds of camera settings, but only overexposing what I saw in the EVF would solve it and obviously this ended up being even more annoying than the somewhat schizophrenic focusing it had on my 6D. I googled it, and apparently it is an issue caused by the reverse engineering Sigma has done to get the lens talking with the camera. Apparently it disguises itself a another lens, and that throws off the metering in the camera.
When I got my R6, I hoped it would be better, but unfortunately the issue persisted, so I ended up selling the Sigma.

Interesting. I have a pre-Art one, too, but I don't think I've tried it with the R-series cameras I have. It's too bad that the cameras don't have the ability to recognize a lens and apply a user bias to settings like EC, or lens corrections, or focal lengths, but if most of the issues are with non-OEM lenses, that removes the incentive for Canon to implement it. If the focal length is wrong, the pitch/yaw correction in the IBIS will be wrong, too. If the reported FL is too short, it will just under-correct and correct somewhat, but if it is too long, the motion will be over-compensated and reproduced in the opposite direction. If you use a contact-less adapter like the Hoage (less yucky than tape, IMO!), you can dial in the focal length yourself, but then you have no camera control of aperture or AF.

D-Noc
235 posts
Gallery: 32 photos
Joined Aug 2011

Aug 21, 2022 09:38 |  #4020

John Sheehy wrote in post #19417783 (external link)
It's too bad that the cameras don't have the ability to recognize a lens and apply a user bias to settings like EC, or lens corrections, or focal lengths, but if most of the issues are with non-OEM lenses, that removes the incentive for Canon to implement it. If the focal length is wrong, the pitch/yaw correction in the IBIS will be wrong, too. If the reported FL is too short, it will just under-correct and correct somewhat, but if it is too long, the motion will be over-compensated and reproduced in the opposite direction.

I agree. Canon isn't interested in anyone making lenses for their bodies, except themselves, and I can't really say I blame them

John Sheehy wrote in post #19417783 (external link)
If you use a contact-less adapter like the Hoage (less yucky than tape, IMO!), you can dial in the focal length yourself, but then you have no camera control of aperture or AF.

Really? How? I have a bunch of Lensbaby lenses, they all appear without focal length and aperture (because the are of course manual lenses). It would be a big help if I were able to dial in that I was now using the Edge 35mm or Edge 50mm. Especially when trying to sort through a lot of pictures to figure out which lens wsas used.

My Flickr page (external link) | My Photo Blog (external link)

sponsored links

644,882 views & 14,981 likes for this thread
-= Canon EOS R6 owners unite! Post photos and discuss.
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.