Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Gear Reviews Camera Reviews 
Thread started 21 Sep 2022 (Wednesday) 03:39
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)
TOGGLE RATINGS BETWEEN ALL AND PhotosByDlee (showing now: PhotosByDlee)
Overall Ratingn/a
not rated
Overall Image Qualityn/a
not rated
Value for Moneyn/a
not rated
Must Haven/a
not rated
Suitability to Intended Usen/a
not rated
Got What I Expectedn/a
not rated
AF Performancen/a
not rated
Handling and Ergonomicsn/a
not rated
User-interfacen/a
not rated
Ownership Status: "own"

Click here for sample photos and more info.
Click ratings to see total averages and rating distributions.
List all reviews of Fujifilm X-S10

Fujifilm X-S10, reviewed by PhotosByDlee

PhotosByDlee
Cream of the Crop
5,543 posts
Gallery: 794 photos
Joined Apr 2012

Sep 21, 2022 03:39 |  #1

I've written a review for this camera over on my blog (external link) but the TLDR is:

The Fujifilm X-S10 offers a very affordable gateway into the Fuji ecosystem for those who want something similar to other brands (PASM dial) with all the features that make Fujifilm what they are (film simulations and excellent rage of APSC lenses). You may feel limited in some situations when it comes to AF tracking although this will all be forgotten when you bear witness to the image quality this camera gives you in return.

What I like
- Image quality & dynamic range
- Colors and film presets
- IBIS
- Price
- Size and weight

What I don’t Like
- Autofocus tracking could be better
- Lack of dedicated Bluetooth remote

A few images with the camera

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52148580504_c2ad9021b7_h.jpg

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52280845704_dfa44b993e_h.jpg

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52290066315_d50ad6f3b4_h.jpg

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52255656713_a23495b279_h.jpg

Sony Alpha A7 Mark IV - Sony FE PZ 16-35mm f/4 G - Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 GM - Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DN Art
FujiFilm X-S10 - Fujifilm XF 33mm f/1.4 R LM WR - Sigma 56mm f/1.4

Website (external link) / flickr (external link) | Twitter (external link)

sponsored links
ra40
Goldmember
1,929 posts
Gallery: 827 photos
Joined Jan 2013

Sep 21, 2022 15:44 |  #2

Thanks for the review Daniel! Stunning images you've posted with your review, tempting.

My experience with the XE2 was less than impressive. I felt that an XT3 or T30 would provide an improved user experience. The LR developing of the RAF files did not please me either. The bodies and the post processing programs have improved.

PhotosByDlee
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,543 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Sep 22, 2022 06:41 |  #3

ra40 wrote in post #19427636 (external link)
Thanks for the review Daniel! Stunning images you've posted with your review, tempting.

My experience with the XE2 was less than impressive. I felt that an XT3 or T30 would provide an improved user experience. The LR developing of the RAF files did not please me either. The bodies and the post processing programs have improved.

No problem and thanks for checking it out :) I know you shoot with an EF-M Mount camera so I’m sure it is tempting haha. I don’t think this would make you happy AF wise (the M50 II was better in that regard), but in terms of IQ and value for money this camera can’t be beat.

LR appears to work much better with RAF files now and you can even use the film presets as camera profiles which is a huge plus!

Sony Alpha A7 Mark IV - Sony FE PZ 16-35mm f/4 G - Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 GM - Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DN Art

ra40
Goldmember
1,929 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Sep 22, 2022 20:23 |  #4

Thanks! Tempting. Hahaha...

The sales guy at the shop I've known for about 20 years sold his Canon gear for 2-XT3-s. He was pushing me to try the XT3 or T30 at minimal. That was when I bought the XE2 to see. By the time the XT3 kit was built out, it was fairly pricey. What gave additional pause then was the limited options to trigger strobes. Godox has better offerings now.

PhotosByDlee
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,543 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Sep 23, 2022 01:47 |  #5

ra40 wrote in post #19427994 (external link)
Thanks! Tempting. Hahaha...

The sales guy at the shop I've known for about 20 years sold his Canon gear for 2-XT3-s. He was pushing me to try the XT3 or T30 at minimal. That was when I bought the XE2 to see. By the time the XT3 kit was built out, it was fairly pricey. What gave additional pause then was the limited options to trigger strobes. Godox has better offerings now.

Sometimes it can be good to give into the temptations :p haha

Do you want something with all manual dials etc? I know the X-S10 isn’t too popular with the more traditional Fuji users due to it being PASM but for us who loved the EF-M bodies it’s a great body to swap to. Considering it had the X-T4 sensor but still has IBIS, it’s that hard to beat for the price. It also has the Sigma trinity now too which makes it even better.

I will say though the EF-M lenses are excellent. The Fuji XF 33mm f1.4 R LM WR is a great alternative to the EF-M 32mm (albeit bigger and slightly heavier) but the 22mm pancake honestly can’t be matched. The closest equiv on Fuji is the 27mm f/2.8 which is a stop slower, much sharper but slightly bigger and the Fuji has horrible AF.

ra40
Goldmember
1,929 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Sep 23, 2022 23:20 |  #6

The SX10 would be a great travel camera for evenings with the IBIS. I've liked the Fuji lenses because I'm a traditionalist that came up with chunky metal barrel manual focus lenses. They have good range coverage for what I would shoot. Going to think about the next camera update. :-D

PhotosByDlee
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,543 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Sep 24, 2022 02:22 as a reply to  @ ra40's post |  #7

Yeah the IBIS works pretty well, lets me drag the shutter quite a bit. Ah then yeah maybe something like an X-T5 or the upcoming X-T5 would be better for you! Either way good luck with your decision and resisting temptation :p

sponsored links

637 views & 5 likes for this thread
Fujifilm X-S10, reviewed by PhotosByDlee
FORUMS Gear Reviews Camera Reviews 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.